Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

people older than 45 get a pass because plenty of retards think the music of their youth was the only good music and it doesn't make them racist. however, if you're under 45 and hate rap, it's really because you hate black people.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

afeelgoodpoop
Oct 14, 2014

by FactsAreUseless
if i listen to the sonic 1 soundtrack does that count?

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

afeelgoodpoop posted:

if i listen to the sonic 1 soundtrack does that count?

u know who likes sonic??

spergs

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

rap is good

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme

Puppy Galaxy posted:

people older than 45 get a pass because plenty of retards think the music of their youth was the only good music and it doesn't make them racist. however, if you're under 45 and hate rap, it's really because you hate black people.

:agreed:

Harime Nui
Apr 15, 2008

The New Insincerity
I have Immortal Technqiue albums I'm pretty street yo

BONE DOG
Jun 7, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
I dont hate rap but i don't particularly care for it

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

People paying American dollars to let other people know they didn't agree with someone's position on something is the lifeblood of these forums.
I like a rap. Just one, though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lyk7io4DGZ4

Monday_
Feb 18, 2006

Worked-up silent dork without sex ability seeks oblivion and demise.
The Great Twist
There are a few rap songs I think are really good but on the whole its really not my thing.

Kilmers Elbow
Jun 15, 2012

Rap is crap.

Zoinker
Jan 18, 2009
I don't like rap, but that's ok because my best friend is a funk band.

Endormoon
Mar 30, 2004
So if I only listen to eminem and macklemore, am I a racist or not? You are confusing OP.

glowing-fish
Feb 18, 2013

Keep grinding,
I hope you level up! :)
I like rap but I also have not listened to any rap artists that came out after 1995.
(some of them became famous after 1995, but were still performing earlier, like The Fugees or Mos Def).

Where does this leave me on the racism scale?

opus111
Jul 6, 2014

You are allowed to like and dislike what you want to, my friend.

if yoiu force yourself to like something becaues you feel you should you are of weak character.

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
Well thats not me here is a list of good rap: M&M, the beastly boys, MC chris, so not racist here thanks.

opus111
Jul 6, 2014

would you say that say, if you only want to date asian girls, you are racist?

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

buncha racists in this thread

Harime Nui
Apr 15, 2008

The New Insincerity
If you can't find a well fit woman of any race attractive you may not be racist, but I will think you are a little stupid.

Mermaid Autopsy
Jun 9, 2001

if you're under 45 and hate pop music, it's really because you hate women.

glowing-fish
Feb 18, 2013

Keep grinding,
I hope you level up! :)

opus111 posted:

would you say that say, if you only want to date asian girls, you are racist?

No, I would just say you have a small penis.

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9bwy_Comn1I

Horniest Manticore
Nov 23, 2013

Hello, you!
Lipstick Apathy

Salt Fish posted:

Well thats not me here is a list of good rap: M&M, the beastly boys, MC chris, so not racist here thanks.

don't forget lonely island

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

Mermaid Autopsy posted:

if you're under 45 and hate pop music, it's really because you hate women.

if you hate all pop music you're dead inside

Tsinava
Nov 15, 2009

by Ralp
OP i hope you know that Rap isn't the only genre of music that black people invented. There's plenty of people who enjoy old fashioned Rock n' Roll and Jazz but not rap. They aren't racist! Rap just has different things to offer that other genres don't.

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

i like rap therefore i'm not racist

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

Tsinava posted:

OP i hope you know that Rap isn't the only genre of music that black people invented. There's plenty of people who enjoy old fashioned Rock n' Roll and Jazz but not rap. They aren't racist! Rap just has different things to offer that other genres don't.

well yes but hip hop is still predominantly associated with black people in 2014 whereas the other genres are not

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
I dont like ralp and im under 45

Horniest Manticore
Nov 23, 2013

Hello, you!
Lipstick Apathy
i can't relate to rap. i don't know any bitches or hos.

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

I suspect a lot of people listen to rap not because they actually like it, but because they're supposed to like it.

Some of it is really good though.

Tuxedo Gin
May 21, 2003

Classy.

All music is poo poo.

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

Nelson Mandingo posted:

I suspect a lot of people listen to rap not because they actually like it, but because they're supposed to like it.

nah i don't think that's valid, hip hop culture is pervasive and there are plenty of valid reasons to dislike it but hating the genre altogether suggests a closed mind

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

aw yeah this is my shizit

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UHIF4AtseYc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0iRTB-FTMdk

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

DUNK A DILL PICKLE REALDO
op what race are you? cuz i hate you

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
what if I hate all races equally?

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

DUNK A DILL PICKLE REALDO

Puppy Galaxy posted:

well yes but hip hop is still predominantly associated with black people in 2014 whereas the other genres are not

jazz

blues

big band

opus111
Jul 6, 2014

Puppy Galaxy posted:

nah i don't think that's valid, hip hop culture is pervasive and there are plenty of valid reasons to dislike it but hating the genre altogether suggests a closed mind

a closed mind doesnt make you racist. you are throwing strong insults around with no basis for doing so. I think you should rthink your position on this and possibl other things you think too.

Nelson Mandingo
Mar 27, 2005

Puppy Galaxy posted:

If you're referring to me I sure hope you read my entire shitpost and not just the part you didn't like.

Horniest Manticore
Nov 23, 2013

Hello, you!
Lipstick Apathy
rap requires no musical skill. call me when the rap equivalent of jimi hendrix comes along.

N256
Dec 30, 2009
i hate country too so it balances out

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Horniest Manticore
Nov 23, 2013

Hello, you!
Lipstick Apathy
and what about gospel? that's all black people too and nobody likes that poo poo

• Locked thread