Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

sure thing

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Asiina posted:

Hello I am not the killer.

:hf:

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

so hands up if you were thinking about accusing as soon as the day started.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Real talk is the killer just going to accuse the first minute of every day until 3 man lylo?

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Asiina posted:

God MMM did you even read the rules?

not actually, no

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

asiina did you even read the rules?

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

somebody accuse asiina as soon as the game starts.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Asiina posted:

Yes, do that.

ok

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

The rules say nothing about the killer not being able to accuse. It does say the killer continues to kill though.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Meinberg posted:

But why would the killer accuse? They'd automatically get removed from the game if they do so, unless they self-accuse in which case lol

oh right I forgot about that part.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Meinberg posted:

But in any case, we'll have a lot of trustworthy information even fairly early into the game. Personally, I recommend taking our time D1, but I can also understand the thrill of a rolling start. Nevertheless, make sure you reveal whatever information you've gathered from night actions before you accuse. It'd be wasteful otherwise.

Plus, it make for cool parlor drama. You lay out your information that you've gathered, and then make a dramatic accusation. I like it. Good job of letting the mechanics enforce the theme, Opop.

Personally I'd like it if everybody just posted an anime or rap song and accused with the first post of each day. Let's shoot for a two page game people.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Mad Rancher posted:

@opop addition: do we become a stump who can still post?

I think 'removed from the game' isn't particularly ambiguous.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Oh I really like brown bird. rip brown bird guy.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Does anybody not have the initials JS?

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Everybody should congratulate me for the incredible restraint I'm showing right now.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

asiina do you have relevant information?

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Nope, couldn't resist.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zrtl41oZxOA

##J'ACCUSE CPIG

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

I waited a little bit.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

It was enough to rule out a couple of candidates. For instance, I didn't accuse you.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Man my avatar is really at odds with my play this game.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

MildManeredManikin posted:

Man my avatar is really at odds with my play this game.

I mean I suppose you could you interpret "a few words" literally.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Meinberg posted:

And for gently caress's sake, MMM, at least tell us what information you have.

I'm a drunk dude that hates opop but in this game I'm his business partner. I only know about myself.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

The killer is in this list imo:

CPig
Juanito
Magnus
Hal

Well that's pretty bad since those dudes are always hard to read

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Also sorry guys I blame my myriad of mental disorders for that.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

MildManeredManikin posted:

The killer is in this list imo:

CPig
Juanito
Magnus

E: I had hal in the list but that was sort of a mistake that I never got to edit out.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

:ninja:

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Yeah I thought I was a pretty instrumental part of that win.

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Juanito posted:

If you hadn't accused Cpig, there was about a 95% chance that he would have accused me.

why's that?

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

Maybe if the information wasn't as mod confirmed?

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

like the killer can't easily lie about all their info because other players can investigate them. They can't claim an investigation because it will be obvious when the person is investigated.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jump King
Aug 10, 2011

I mean basically the optimal strategy for town in this game is to give a deascription of themselves at the start and let each day run out until mod released info narrows it down to a few people or an investigator finds a lie.

• Locked thread