Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Metapod posted:

Lets look at this trade from a different angle shall we. Geno Smith gets a fair chance to succeed now by having a receiving core to throw to.

This seems as good a time to ask as any: isn't this supposed to be corps? I see core everywhere, from forum posts to sports articles

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

Intruder posted:

This seems as good a time to ask as any: isn't this supposed to be corps? I see core everywhere, from forum posts to sports articles

That's because people who write about sports are a corps of bad writers.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

blue squares posted:

Are you under the impression that I was asking him specifically rather than quoting his post as an example?

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

I was answering your question?

Lessail
Apr 1, 2011

:cry::cry:
tell me how vgk aren't playing like shit again
:cry::cry:
p.s. help my grapes are so sour!
personally i like the way that some of those tweets posted were treatin pete like he's belichick

at least wait until he wins multiple super bowls

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

blue squares posted:

I was answering your question?

lol you edited it right before I quoted and I didn't bother reading the quote

either I'm going insane or you originally replied with "Let's go with what something awful forum user Metapod says"

Bundt Cake
Aug 17, 2003
;(

commy gun posted:

Maybe Percy Harvin is a dick.

I think he must be. Im guilty of picking on bevell in the past, but its not like he consistently does bad things like whatever the hell they were doing in the Cowboys game. I cant see any reason for cutting Harvin beyond that maybe the cap space had something to do with it. I mean they figured out some ways to use him, other teams seemed to adjust a bit, and then they just give up? Doesnt make sense to me.

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

blue squares posted:

Don't let a core of bad prominent writers spoil the image of the whole corps.

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

Intruder posted:

lol you edited it right before I quoted and I didn't bother reading the quote

either I'm going insane or you originally replied with "Let's go with what something awful forum user Metapod says"

Haha. Yeah, I misread your post thinking you said you see "corps" everywhere (which is correct), but Metapod posting "core" confused you. I realized my mistake and ninja edited.

blue squares
Sep 28, 2007

Korranus posted:

Beautiful.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Korranus posted:

:golfclap:

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Reminder: the last time TFF unanimously agreed a trade was dumb was when the Browns traded Trent Richardson

Just sayin
I don't really follow the Colts/Browns. Was it a good trade?

wheez the roux
Aug 2, 2004
THEY SHOULD'VE GIVEN IT TO LYNCH

Death to the Seahawks. Death to Seahawks posters.

Josh Lyman posted:

I don't really follow the Colts/Browns. Was it a good trade?

for the browns? phenomenal

for the colts? lol

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

wheez the roux posted:

for the browns? phenomenal

for the colts? lol

The Browns proceeded to use the pick to trade up and get JFF so we'll see

Freakazoid_
Jul 5, 2013

Buglord
Local news seems to be going with Harvin causing problems in the locker room as the main reason. It must've been pretty bad to trade for a 4th round pick, I thought he was worth at least a 2nd.

Until some more exposé comes to light, I'm leaning toward blaming Bevell.

https://twitter.com/MoneyLynch/status/523228675353767936

Marshawn Lynch posted:

drat they got my nigga....

:allears:

Sour Diesel
Jan 30, 2010

blue squares posted:

Give me a break. That is not why.

It is actually, he was trying to save gamer journalism.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

The Heroes the Vikings Deserve
Lipstick Apathy

Sour Diesel posted:

Percy and Adam Baldwin clicked at ECCC and the rest wrote itself.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
:suspense:

wheez the roux
Aug 2, 2004

blue squares posted:

Give me a break. That is not why.

really?? you don't think it is? you don't think it's 100% true?? well I hate to break it to you, because it is true. it's True and it's Real. also, 9/11 was done by the kenyan Hussein Obama and vaccinations are a plot of the Jewish banking cabal to make us all autistic.

Parmesan Basil
Nov 12, 2008

TIME IS THE FIRE IN WHICH WE BURN THE GAME CLOCK

Sour Diesel posted:

It's true. He was getting angry at the amount of SJWs in Seattle and he requested a trade to a place free from radfems.

wheez the roux
Aug 2, 2004

Parmesan Basil posted:

It's true. He was getting angry at the amount of SJWs in Seattle and he requested a trade to a place free from radfems.

Seattle was just beta for Harvin's alpha-level game

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
So the Jets had zero interest in Desean Jackson when all they had to give up was money and they wait till their season is over to help Seattle dump salary and throw them as much as a second round pick? Idzik just radiates incompetence.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

This is hilarious.

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?

Parmesan Basil posted:

final straw was Harvin's 13-post Twitter rant about how SJWs were victim blaming by opposing #gamergate. Literally stole Carroll's soapbox

Hand Row
May 28, 2001

mcmagic posted:

So the Jets had zero interest in Desean Jackson when all they had to give up was money and they wait till their season is over to help Seattle dump salary and throw them as much as a second round pick? Idzik just radiates incompetence.

I won't argue against your thought but they didn't help Seattle dump salary. Seattle has to eat the cap hit.

Petey
Nov 26, 2005

For who knows what is good for a person in life, during the few and meaningless days they pass through like a shadow? Who can tell them what will happen under the sun after they are gone?
Lance Zierlein @LanceZierlein · 1h 1 hour ago
So 2008 Gators had Rainey, Percy, Pounceys, Cam Newton, Hernandez, Tebow and Riley Cooper? Is that correct?

David Block @davidraider88 · 1h 1 hour ago
@LanceZierlein Don't forget Brandon Spikes, Will Hill, Ahmad Black, Janoris Jenkins, etc.

that was, uh, quite the roster

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

I do not wear this mask to protect me. I wear it to protect you from me.

Seattle gave up a 1st, 3rd, and 7th round pick to Minnesota for Percy Harvin and got 6 games, 252 yards from scrimmage, and 1 TD and a Superbowl win.

He was disruptive but talented in Minnesota. I thought it was odd that the headaches seemed to go away when he played with a QB he liked.

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

Petey posted:

Lance Zierlein @LanceZierlein · 1h 1 hour ago
So 2008 Gators had Rainey, Percy, Pounceys, Cam Newton, Hernandez, Tebow and Riley Cooper? Is that correct?

David Block @davidraider88 · 1h 1 hour ago
@LanceZierlein Don't forget Brandon Spikes, Will Hill, Ahmad Black, Janoris Jenkins, etc.
As the old website FireRonZook once said, "You recruit these guys to win games, not to be doctors or model citizens".

:smug:

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

Let's not forget what happened the last time a talented but troubled Vikings wide receiver was traded to a west coast team for a first rounder and more, lasted a very short time, then was shipped to the AFC East for a mid round pick

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack
Probably a good move, Harvin is due for a career ending injury soon and we have Paul Richardson to take over. And hell, we won the super bowl so who am I to judge

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
Wilson scrambles to his left he scrambles to his right, he throws the ball deep to uh, Javon Walker? Doug Gabriel? Someone, anyway somehow it's completed for a game winning touchdown.

DriveC
Oct 27, 2008

Going to Gamestop at midnight for Halo: ODST. Didn't pre order. The guy on the phone told me I *might* get a copy. Whatever dude.

Detroit_Dogg posted:

Wilson scrambles to his left he scrambles to his right, he throws the ball deep to uh, Javon Walker? Doug Gabriel? Someone, anyway somehow it's completed for a game winning touchdown.

That bomb to Jeff Duckworth in the Big Ten title game was an early glimpse at Russell Wilson Bullshit

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack
I remember being mad when they traded Darrell Jackson for nothing but then he ended up doing nothing and retired

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle
So the Seahawks receivers now have a combined 3014 career yards, 2119 of which are Baldwin. That should work, right?

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!

African AIDS cum posted:

Probably a good move, Harvin is due for a career ending injury soon and we have Paul Richardson to take over. And hell, we won the super bowl so who am I to judge

We don't have Tate anymore. Lynch is one year older. Our OL is more injured than last year. Our Defense is a worse.

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde

shiksa posted:

So the Seahawks receivers now have a combined 3014 career yards, 2119 of which are Baldwin. That should work, right?

Wilson gets no time and the receivers we have can't get separation. Harvin was the only dude with speed.

We have Baldwin and Kearse as our top receiving threats. Yeah, doesn't look good.

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

The trade could be alright for the Jets I suppose but the timing is unbelievably poor.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

African AIDS cum posted:

What the gently caress is a Paul Richardson? This is a hilarious move. They might get a teensy tiny bit of the trade value of the original trade back!

v2vian man
Sep 1, 2007

Only question I
ever thought was hard
was do I like Kirk
or do I like Picard?
I think if a WR has fewer than oh say 10 career yards you can't say he is ready to take over as a contributor. Let's just check Paul Richarson's stats here oh drat well he's 70% of the way to taking over

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

The Heroes the Vikings Deserve
Lipstick Apathy
Bad post alert regarding Paul Richardson

• Locked thread