Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
wheez the roux
Aug 2, 2004
THEY SHOULD'VE GIVEN IT TO LYNCH

Death to the Seahawks. Death to Seahawks posters.

Dubious posted:

Bad post alert regarding Paul Richardson

its you. youre the bad poster

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schwack
Jan 31, 2003

Someone needs to stop this! Sherman has lost his mind! Peyton is completely unable to defend himself out there!
Local news guys saying that Harvin was tapping himself out of games and refused to return for the last few series against Dallas. They're also saying the Bevell was calling plays without realizing that Harvin checked out. I feel like that reflects poorly on him.

Also that he got in a fight with Baldwin in week four of preseason which left Baldwin with a cut on his face and kept them both out of the game.

I hope we get some real info that can be corroborated, but we almost certainly won't. I'm gonna miss his potential a lot :[

wheez the roux
Aug 2, 2004

we've probably got the 2nd worst receiving corps in the league now after jacksonville, although hurns seems to be p good so maybe it's a tie

maybe in the offseason we can repair our o-line. lmao who am i kidding they've never given a poo poo about it, we'll pick up WRs and then watch them produce nothing because russell is getting pummeled half a second after the snap

gohuskies
Oct 23, 2010

I spend a lot of time making posts to justify why I'm not a self centered shithead that just wants to act like COVID isn't a thing.
Seahawks fans can look forward to more key 3rd down plays starring the 3rd string TE and the lucky fan in secion 318, row G, seat 9. Marshawn Lynch need not get the ball with such a strong system.

wheez the roux
Aug 2, 2004

i have decent hands, can run okay, and im willing to be signed for dirt cheap. call me pete

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack

TubeStank posted:

What the gently caress is a Paul Richardson? This is a hilarious move. They might get a teensy tiny bit of the trade value of the original trade back!

He is loving beast, futer HOFer? Could be

Doug Baldwin sucks rear end, dude has gaslighted the management. Maybe he will play better now

Mrit
Sep 26, 2007

by exmarx
Grimey Drawer

gohuskies posted:

Seahawks fans can look forward to more key 3rd down plays starring the 3rd string TE and the lucky fan in secion 318, row G, seat 9. Marshawn Lynch need not get the ball with such a strong system.

Seahawks offensive gameplan is now to just give it to Russell Wilson and hope somehow we get points.

Wait.

That has been the gameplan the last 3 games, nevermind.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747
A conditional 4th is almost nothing. Did we just trade him to prevent a cap hit next year or something? (Aside than the possible off-field reasons) I know we still have it on the books this year.

And is this a sign we might be waving the white flag on this season? Our team is nosediving fast it seems.

Its Miller Time
Dec 4, 2004

How are you not aware of the massive cap pressure the Seahawks are under? Don't they have a shitload of young people to sign?

wheez the roux
Aug 2, 2004

effectual posted:

A conditional 4th is almost nothing. Did we just trade him to prevent a cap hit next year or something? (Aside than the possible off-field reasons) I know we still have it on the books this year.

And is this a sign we might be waving the white flag on this season? Our team is nosediving fast it seems.

it's baffling and stupid and hosed up and bullshit and the only reason given with any weight to it so far is he didn't get along with most of the team or the coaching staff

which of loving course he didnt get along with the coaching staff because he has every reason to be infuriated that bevell had any input whatsoever or was even loving employed at a level higher than high school

gently caress

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Bevell sucks but he isnt the reason Willson and Baldwin can't get any separation or break a tackle. Very little talent in the passing game. Willson sucks

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

When I was on my Seahawks hate bender last year I told you guys that he was known for being a raging dickbag. Remember how I mentioned that he pooped and pissed all over girls locker room?

He'll be right at home with the Jets.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Its Miller Time posted:

How are you not aware of the massive cap pressure the Seahawks are under? Don't they have a shitload of young people to sign?

I know they'll need cap space next year, but I don't know if trading Harvin now helps with that or not

?

I don't know contract technicalities.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

After Harvin scored his TD in the super bowl I said out loud if he never plays another down for us the trade was worth it, I stand by it.

Tzen
Sep 11, 2001

God is dead.

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

That 1 reception, 7 yard play was Hall of Fame worthy, my sources report

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

African AIDS cum posted:

After Harvin scored his TD in the super bowl I said out loud if he never plays another down for us the trade was worth it, I stand by it.

It was a close game, that seven points were the difference maker.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

NippleFloss posted:

It was a close game, that seven points were the difference maker.

Those 7 points sealed the deal and allowed me to watch the rest of the game stress free. What a rush

Prozach
Oct 30, 2013

When God invented Lycra, he was thinking about Divas matches.
Maybe if he was a free agent signee like Matt Flynn who I could easily forget about I could rationalize a single play being worth it, but I'd rather have Cordarelle Patterson and another 3rd round pick over 10 games of Percy Harvin.

Febreeze
Oct 24, 2011

I want to care, butt I dont

African AIDS cum posted:

Those 7 points sealed the deal and allowed me to watch the rest of the game stress free. What a rush

Honestly they kind of did. There was always the threat of "PEYTON loving MANNING" even with the lopsided score but when the runback happened it just felt over completely for the Broncos

Fellwenner
Oct 21, 2005
Don't make me kill you.

effectual posted:

Really? You're ready to call it quits on the team because one prima donna was traded out? Yeah, we've got problems to sort out and work through, but they're nothing we've not been able to surmount before. We're 3-2, not 0-5. The sky isn't falling.

wheez the roux posted:

it's baffling and stupid and hosed up and bullshit and the only reason given with any weight to it so far is he didn't get along with most of the team or the coaching staff

which of loving course he didnt get along with the coaching staff because he has every reason to be infuriated that bevell had any input whatsoever or was even loving employed at a level higher than high school

gently caress

I'd hope that a goddamned adult being paid millions to play a loving game can stow the bullshit and be a bit more mature. I hope you're not implying that Harvin had just cause to be a bitch.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Russell Wilson runs the show there and if you get on his bad side your rear end is grass. What a leader. Paul Richardson gonna be catching bombs and meeting sick kids asap.

Just look at this filthy grab

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5QX7qh-QvHg

wheez the roux
Aug 2, 2004

Febreeze posted:

Honestly they kind of did. There was always the threat of "PEYTON loving MANNING" even with the lopsided score but when the runback happened it just felt over completely for the Broncos

if nothing else it was worth it because the broncos fans i was watching the game with spent the whole halftime :smug:-facing and going on about "just you wait, peyton's gonna tear you apart in the 2nd half"

the looks on their faces as they slumped down when harvin ran that kick back made up for all the years the hawks spent getting their face stomped on by the broncos in the afc west :allears:

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
I am in actual disbelieve.

Why would Seattle even consider trading Harvin for anything less than a second rounder?

Fellwenner
Oct 21, 2005
Don't make me kill you.

Harvin isn't what got this team to the superbowl last year. It was defense and Lynch.

wheez the roux
Aug 2, 2004

Fellwenner posted:

Harvin isn't what got this team to the superbowl last year. It was defense and Lynch.

our defensive depth was all traded away in the offseason and lynch's career is in the hands of darrell bevell soo

Fellwenner
Oct 21, 2005
Don't make me kill you.

wheez the roux posted:

our defensive depth was all traded away in the offseason and lynch's career is in the hands of darrell bevell soo

Be positive!

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

Mel Mudkiper posted:

Reminder: the last time TFF unanimously agreed a trade was dumb was when the Browns traded Trent Richardson

Just sayin

I totally called that as a good trade for Cleveland at the time. :smug:

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

The smear campaign by Seattle is pretty great. I'm willing to bet Golden Tate deserved whatever black eye Harvin gave him though.

Dr_Strangelove
Dec 16, 2003

Mein Fuhrer! THEY WON!

wheez the roux posted:

i have decent hands, can run okay, and im willing to be signed for dirt cheap. call me pete

Good luck with the drug testing

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

I found my kendo stick, bitch!

Lipstick Apathy
Man, this is one weird goddamn trade. Maybe the biggest head scratcher I've seen since Randy Moss went to the Patriots for a slightly better 4th rounder than the Packers offered. I think both teams were expecting a bigger offer to come from somewhere and it just didn't happen. In this case though, how in the gently caress did NO ONE offer a straight up 3rd? I know Percy is pretty situational but... drat.

I guess I gotta listen to Benny and the Jets and make a stupid lyric rewrite and post it in the farthouse at some point. Unless someone's already beat me to it.

Fenrir fucked around with this message at 14:16 on Oct 18, 2014

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

David Nelson is getting cut as a result. Nelson is a fantastic human being and does great things for orphans in Haiti. I just don't want him starting at WR for my football team.

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

I found my kendo stick, bitch!

Lipstick Apathy

Ozu posted:

David Nelson is getting cut as a result. Nelson is a fantastic human being and does great things for orphans in Haiti. I just don't want him starting at WR for my football team.

I hope some team signs him to their practice squad or something so he's got some kind of something to go forward with. Nelson really owns (I live in New York so I've heard a whole lot about the guy) - not as player, he's really not that good at football but yeah, everything I've ever heard tells me he is an awesome human being, so I really hope there's something out there for him. I kinda hoped he would get good just because he's the kind of dude you want to see succeed, but it just didn't happen.

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

You maniacs! You blew it up! God damn you! God damn you all to hell!!

wheez the roux posted:

gently caress

This is the second time he's been traded by a team because "he's an rear end in a top hat.". Maybe he really is the problem, just maybe.

Hand Row
May 28, 2001

effectual posted:

I know they'll need cap space next year, but I don't know if trading Harvin now helps with that or not

?

I don't know contract technicalities.

From what I understand, no. They are saying the Jets can cut him with no cap hit so that must mean all his guaranteed money was paid already. The only benefit the Seahawks get is by not having his base salary on the books next year. Also now that salary cap space transfers to the next year now it doesn't really matter when they traded or cut him.

The cap hit they are taking now is for his signing bonus which is spread over all years of a contract. Seahawks take the hit for the portion assigned to those lost future years. I don't know how much that is compared to his salary for the rest of this year though.

Hand Row fucked around with this message at 15:06 on Oct 18, 2014

HappyHelmet
Apr 9, 2003

Hail to the king baby!
Grimey Drawer

effectual posted:

The front office is painting it as being done because Harvin is an rear end in a top hat who was more drama than he was worth. Cap certainly may have something to do with it though. There was basically no chance of keeping Wagner on the team next year given their cap situation, but now he should be able to stay. I'm still betting Lynch is still gone next year though.

Fenrir posted:

Man, this is one weird goddamn trade. Maybe the biggest head scratcher I've seen since Randy Moss went to the Patriots for a slightly better 4th rounder than the Packers offered. I think both teams were expecting a bigger offer to come from somewhere and it just didn't happen. In this case though, how in the gently caress did NO ONE offer a straight up 3rd? I know Percy is pretty situational but... drat.

John Clayton reported that it's a "conditional 2nd-4th" round pick. Probably based on his performance over the season. So possibly maybe the trade isn't as bad as some people are making it out to be. Still a dumb trade that should have happened at the start of the season.

Idiot Kicker
Jun 13, 2007
Seattle still seems pretty loaded to me, and they should be 6-3 going into Kansas City. I can't wait to see that game.

DrunkPanda
Apr 24, 2005
I am trolling you, CineD

28 Days Later is actually a great movie

fuck starcraft

wheez the roux posted:

everything about this trade is dumb as gently caress and any of harvin's shortcomings int he offense are entirely the fault of bevell. harvin might not be as good as people think but it is impossible to make an informed judgement when his time has been spent with a garbage 0-line ans darrell fuckshit turdman bevell as confounding factors

i am loving flabbergasted

As a Seahawks dislike, I am thrilled with this move. I remember that game where he had 3 touchdowns nullified by penalties, but it showed how dangerous he was

DrunkPanda
Apr 24, 2005
I am trolling you, CineD

28 Days Later is actually a great movie

fuck starcraft

Darth Brooks posted:

Seattle gave up a 1st, 3rd, and 7th round pick to Minnesota for Percy Harvin and got 6 games, 252 yards from scrimmage, and 1 TD and a Superbowl win.

He was disruptive but talented in Minnesota. I thought it was odd that the headaches seemed to go away when he played with a QB he liked.

Let's not pretend Harvin was the reason the Seahawks beat the Broncos in the Superbowl

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

R.A. Dickey
Feb 20, 2005

Knuckleballer.

mcmagic posted:

So the Jets had zero interest in Desean Jackson when all they had to give up was money and they wait till their season is over to help Seattle dump salary and throw them as much as a second round pick? Idzik just radiates incompetence.

I know this is your thing and all but we gave up a conditional fourth rounder for a really talented player who we owe no money to after this year. Im confused how this isn't a great deal. He's almost certainly an rear end in a top hat but the smear campaign is both very predictable and probably overblown. Remember when Desean Jackson was doing drive bys on his off days when he was traded?

R.A. Dickey fucked around with this message at 16:01 on Oct 18, 2014

• Locked thread