Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Smash it Smash hit
Dec 30, 2009

prettay, prettay

Saga posted:

What exactly do you think this will achieve OP?

You can't have an intelligent, rational discussion with a religious whackjob. Try it at your local megachurch / generic Christian fundamentalist gathering (if you're outside the US) and see how well that works.

If you're planning to just hurl abuse or post things that offend a particular type of ultraconservative muslim, you're sort of helping them justify their existence. ISIS is like the Westboro baptist church or those slightly less nutty evangelicals who go around preaching in public places - any attention is good attention to them.

lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

Beer Jerky
Nov 3, 2011

Saga posted:

What exactly do you think this will achieve OP?

You can't have an intelligent, rational discussion with a religious whackjob. Try it at your local megachurch / generic Christian fundamentalist gathering (if you're outside the US) and see how well that works.

If you're planning to just hurl abuse or post things that offend a particular type of ultraconservative muslim, you're sort of helping them justify their existence. ISIS is like the Westboro baptist church or those slightly less nutty evangelicals who go around preaching in public places - any attention is good attention to them.

Do you expect ISIS to use our antiviolence laws against us like WBC I mean your analogy kind of sucks

SirEvelynTremble
Dec 25, 2013

FUCK YOU HITLER
STALINGRAD
ROFLMFAO
What will this achieve??? ISIS will crumble as their social media is taken over by "im gay" and "cuck", their anger will make them misjudge a military operation, some will join GBS and the NSA/CIA/FBI will trawl our forums for Govt Paid Trolling contenders.

Smash it Smash hit
Dec 30, 2009

prettay, prettay

SirEvelynTremble posted:

What will this achieve??? ISIS will crumble as their social media is taken over by "im gay" and "cuck", their anger will make them misjudge a military operation, some will join GBS and the NSA/CIA/FBI will trawl our forums for Govt Paid Trolling contenders.

you have my sword.

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames

SirEvelynTremble posted:

Yes, I think I would be a good fit with the CIA, lets make this happen. Great idea to help goons get back to work SirEvelynTremble! Bravo, just bravo.

SirEvelynTremble
Dec 25, 2013

FUCK YOU HITLER
STALINGRAD
ROFLMFAO
Remember if u work for the CIA u can legally torture people

Hingehead
Nov 24, 2013
This needs to be the plot for next season of homeland.

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames
But legally, could someone just put together a group of cool dudes from the USA, outfit and train them, go over and gently caress up ISIS and then come back home as hero's, or would they be arrested and sent to fed pound me in the rear end prison?

SirEvelynTremble
Dec 25, 2013

FUCK YOU HITLER
STALINGRAD
ROFLMFAO
If anyone wishes to post a CIA resumé here, no need to fill out your address & phone number as they already have it

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames
My resume is my IP history. They already know I'm a good guy, just waiting for the call.

John Denver Hoxha
May 31, 2014

What a persistent nightmare!
....but enough about my posts
Goons vs ISIS.... whoever loses, we win

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD
I've wondered about this. They have twitter accounts etc, do they just get constantly flooded with thousands of negative comments a day? How do they use social media and not get trolled to hell?

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

Funky See Funky Do posted:

I've wondered about this. They have twitter accounts etc, do they just get constantly flooded with thousands of negative comments a day? How do they use social media and not get trolled to hell?

They don't respond. An amazing and hard concept to understand.

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
also it's really easy to spot the trolls when everyone else is speaking Arabic

The Biscuit
Jul 2, 2007
Half of everything is luck.

Michael Corleone posted:

But legally, could someone just put together a group of cool dudes from the USA, outfit and train them, go over and gently caress up ISIS and then come back home as hero's, or would they be arrested and sent to fed pound me in the rear end prison?

If you are a Dutch citizen you can.
I think it would be technically treason in USA, as you are fighting for a foreign country.

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
you can fight for a foreign country as an American, just not against America or its allies

the Lafayette Escadrille and the Flying Tigers are cool things to Google

England Sucks
Sep 19, 2014

by XyloJW
This could not possibly backfire and end up ruining us all.

GET MY BELT SON
Sep 26, 2007

you have my keyboard

Kempo Yellow Belt
Jan 5, 2012
Fun Shoe

The Biscuit posted:

If you are a Dutch citizen you can.
I think it would be technically treason in USA, as you are fighting for a foreign country.

They have to be on the Good Guys list at the state department. PMCs(Mercenaries) are doing it all the time. Who the gently caress knows what dirty poo poo Triple Canopy is doing in South America. But they are doing something. DynCorp, BlackWater(Xi, Academi?), all are doing this in some form. I guess what i'm saying is. SA needs to create a PMC.

Seizure Meat
Jul 23, 2008

by Smythe
there's also a poo poo ton of Americans in the FFL and IDF

Gasbraai
Oct 25, 2010

Lictor my Dictor

SirEvelynTremble posted:

Forums user VikingSkull suggested this idea. I think it's good.

Benefits :

*Trolling Jihadis must be quite easy/rewarding
*US Military will love us
*ISIS might wage war with us and cut off Lowtax's head (ok not really a benefit this last bit)

Its also no reason to call this plan off.

SirEvelynTremble posted:

*Will make SA socially relevant

We cannot let this happen, changed my mind, plan cancelled everybody.

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames
Just watched some videos of these sick fucks. Lets DDOS their website for real. And send goatse to all their twitter accounts. Also, start a Facebook page for people that hate ISIS and a new forum on SA to organize our campaign, and also talk about how much we hate ISIS. loving sheep loving pos's think they are going to raise their flag on the White HOUSE? I think not.

Like seriously, how many well trained and equipped mercenaries would it take to wipe these guys out. Lets start a kickstarter, and ask lowtax to sponser our PMC. The SA logo will be on our uniforms, and we will raise the flag over the corpse of al-Baghdadi.

Michael Corleone fucked around with this message at 19:08 on Oct 24, 2014

verdigris murder
Jul 10, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Michael Corleone posted:

Aka the Monopoly syndrome. You go directly to jail, and the only pounds you collect are convicted thug semen shares.

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe

Broenheim posted:

Cons

-Will get us all beheaded

sexy young infidel
Nov 13, 2014

Faggot of the Year
2012, 2014
twitter is stupid

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

if i infiltrate isis, how do i know they won't just troll me with cute kitten pictures and make me look dumb to the spy agency that i assume is funding us

Vegeta
Sep 11, 2014

by Ion Helmet

Al Borland posted:

You're not supposed to be posting here

skeletonotherkin
Sep 26, 2014

sexy young infidel posted:

twitter is stupid

Nice rereg fucktherow. Also thanks for giving lowtax another ten bucks :mrgw:.

EXTREME INSERTION
Jun 4, 2011

by LadyAmbien

Al Borland posted:

They responded, at times, over the summer

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mustang
Jun 18, 2006

“We don’t really know where this goes — and I’m not sure we really care.”

VikingSkull posted:

there's also a poo poo ton of Americans in the FFL and IDF

Some Americans also fought for Rhodesia during the Rhodesian Bush War and there's already some Americans fighting with the Kurds. Can't forget about the Abraham Lincoln Brigade during the Spanish Civil War either

• Locked thread