Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."
he's just the worst :shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Monkeycheese
Feb 24, 2002

ninja minúsculo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LKX_VZgQ6qs

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

I like the office i hate the office

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
its one of those shows that even though i had already seen a lot of i was completely fine just not watching anymore
pam and that guy got married and it was just not a good show

Redmanred
Aug 29, 2005

My hometown japan
:japan:
why does jim have to prank dwight so much?

Fuck Your Website
Nov 29, 2003
FUCK YOU, AND FUCK YOUR WEBSITE
Why was that Sam such a scamp. Diane such a snooty bitch

Sir John Feelgood
Nov 18, 2009

String Beans posted:

Its just to impress pam. Hes imature.

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

String Beans posted:

they act like jim is the regular relatable guy but i feel like if you worked with someone who spent all their time either hitting on the secretary or setting up extremely elaborate multi-step pranks you'd think he was a huge loving rear end in a top hat

Guancho
Aug 23, 2010

You don't write any postcards when you're on the road to self-discovery
nard dog? more like cock lord

SD87
Jun 7, 2011
Good show to fall asleep to

Sir John Feelgood
Nov 18, 2009

SD87 posted:

Good show to fall asleep to
Futurama is too, i find

CommonTerry
Dec 16, 2013

good is soda grape
I saw a few episodes of it but I didnt see steven Colbert in it once

Idiot Kicker
Jun 13, 2007
Helms was tolerable on the daily show but not at all on the office/the hangover

Propaganda Hour
Aug 25, 2008

after editing wikipedia as a joke for 16 years, i ve convinced myself that homer simpson's japanese name translates to the "The beer goblin"
i tell people to check their butts at work all the time and :laffo:

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

the way steve carell acts is really weird and unsettling to me, like he's playing a dude pretending to be an actor on television.

barfoid 4
Aug 21, 2014

by XyloJW
who is ed helms op

CommonTerry
Dec 16, 2013

good is soda grape

barfoid 4 posted:

who is ed helms op

not op obv but he makes helmets

Rubellavator
Aug 16, 2007

barfoid 4 posted:

who is ed helms op

it's the dude from the hangover that keeps loving prostitutes and ladymen

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry
yea ed helms was really bad, i mean the office was generally a pretty crappy show but ok for hte first few seasons but ed was definitely one of the worst cast

lol jim has a long face

naem
May 29, 2011

The first 4 seasons are some of the best tv ever, it tapered off fast after that

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

im helms deep in season 7 of "the office"

putin is a cunt
Apr 5, 2007

BOY DO I SURE ENJOY TRASH. THERE'S NOTHING MORE I LOVE THAN TO SIT DOWN IN FRONT OF THE BIG SCREEN AND EAT A BIIIIG STEAMY BOWL OF SHIT. WARNER BROS CAN COME OVER TO MY HOUSE AND ASSFUCK MY MOM WHILE I WATCH AND I WOULD CERTIFY IT FRESH, NO QUESTION
*jim looks at camera*

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth
It was p good till Steve left then everything went to poo poo and nothing was funny anymore. I really just watched the rest just to say I finished it.

Arclyte
Apr 21, 2002
Ri-dit-dit-dit-doo

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

Over There posted:

It was p good till Steve left then everything went to poo poo and nothing was funny anymore. I really just watched the rest just to say I finished it.

and who do you say that to that doesnt look down on you?

Over There
Jun 28, 2013

by Azathoth

BeefThief posted:

and who do you say that to that doesnt look down on you?

My dog :/

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

Xaris posted:

yea ed helms was really bad, i mean the office was generally a pretty crappy show but ok for hte first few seasons but ed was definitely one of the worst cast

what makes it worse is that the actress who plays erin is actually pretty good/funny but then they anchor her to ed helms for the show's duration

naem
May 29, 2011

Ed has done some fun stuff but on that show he does WACKY CHARACTER GUY and it got old immediately

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

They should have ended it when Carrell wanted out.

The episodes post-Carrell were awful and not even remotely worth watching.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

FuzzySkinner posted:

They should have ended it when Carrell wanted out.

The episodes post-Carrell were awful and not even remotely worth watching.

Ricky Gervais was pissed when Carrell wanted out and hassled the guy to no end about it because he was getting crazy royalties as the creator of the original Office and he knew the show would bomb if Carrell left.

One of the funniest moments in TV history is when Gervais was hosting whatever the gently caress awards show and was introducing Carrell and some lady to announce the next award category. Ricky says something to the affect of "Here's Steve Carrell, who made the biggest mistake of his life and mine by leaving the Office. But I'm over that, and I love the guy. Big round of applause!" As Carrell's walking out Ricky goes in for a hug and Steve pushes him away and there is just nothing but pure contempt for Gervais on his face. It was beautiful.

-EDIT-

It's even better than I remember

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7SBlh2JBjZI

Who What Now fucked around with this message at 19:37 on Oct 18, 2014

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry
that sounds pretty funny. never saw the original one

i stopped watching it around the time pam was pregnant so i didn't even get to the point when carrell left 'cause it had gotten pretty bad long before then. same with parks and rec. it pretty much lost steam after the mayor election season. sitcoms shouldn't try to go past 4-5 seasons, they end up getting stale, every has to hook up with someone, and whenever they try to come up with new additions/'shake it up' it ends up being poo poo anyways

Bregor
May 31, 2013

People are idiots, Leslie.

The Wizard of Poz posted:

*jim looks at camera*

Darf
Jun 6, 2011

You have quite a treasure there...
Big Tuna

FuzzySkinner
May 23, 2012

Who What Now posted:

Ricky Gervais was pissed when Carrell wanted out and hassled the guy to no end about it because he was getting crazy royalties as the creator of the original Office and he knew the show would bomb if Carrell left.

One of the funniest moments in TV history is when Gervais was hosting whatever the gently caress awards show and was introducing Carrell and some lady to announce the next award category. Ricky says something to the affect of "Here's Steve Carrell, who made the biggest mistake of his life and mine by leaving the Office. But I'm over that, and I love the guy. Big round of applause!" As Carrell's walking out Ricky goes in for a hug and Steve pushes him away and there is just nothing but pure contempt for Gervais on his face. It was beautiful.

-EDIT-

Ricky Gervais owns.

I think the only show to truly go out on top has been Seinfeld.

Every other show seems to not know when to make a graceful exit really.

The Fuzzy Hulk
Nov 22, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT CROSSING THE STREAMS

In the final seasons the only part I thought was funny was when they gave the new guys the nicknames "Plop" and "Fart".

Calvin Johnson Jr.
Dec 8, 2009
gently caress ed helms

...of SCIENCE!
Apr 26, 2008

by Fluffdaddy
Ed Helms was so bad that even the show itself realized and spent the last few seasons owning his character as much as possible

Who What Now posted:

-EDIT-

The man responsible for The Invention Of Lying calling Hollywood stupid and shallow is the only funny thing Ricky Gervais has done in years

SilvergunSuperman
Aug 7, 2010

FuzzySkinner posted:

Ricky Gervais owns.

I think the only show to truly go out on top has been Seinfeld.

Every other show seems to not know when to make a graceful exit really.

There's even an argument to be made there, the last season without Larry David is a lot more KOOKY than funny imo.

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

DUNK A DILL PICKLE REALDO

Wolfsheim posted:

they act like jim is the regular relatable guy but i feel like if you worked with someone who spent all their time either hitting on the secretary or setting up extremely elaborate multi-step pranks you'd think he was a huge loving rear end in a top hat

this is the secret truth of all post seinfeld sitcoms

everyone is an insufferable piece of poo poo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

he didn't even try to play it off like a joke, jesus, look at the disdain on steve carrell's face

also i've never seen the original office because ricky gervais has been so unfunny in literally everything else i've ever seen him in

• Locked thread