Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Inevitable
Jul 27, 2007

by Ralp
white people called black people "niggers" during, and as a callback to, the heyday of the Old South when they owned black people and considered themselves utterly superior to them in every way. NOW black people have appropriated the term as a sort of endearment or indicator of solidarity with their fellow black people. This is cultural appropriation, plain and simple, just as much as hipsters wearing indian headresses at coachella, and it needs to stop because it is NOT OKAY.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

Inevitable posted:

white people called black people "niggers" during, and as a callback to, the heyday of the Old South when they owned black people and considered themselves utterly superior to them in every way. NOW black people have appropriated the term as a sort of endearment or indicator of solidarity with their fellow black people. This is cultural appropriation, plain and simple, just as much as hipsters wearing indian headresses at coachella, and it needs to stop because it is NOT OKAY.

I hate you!

Rapman the Cook
Aug 24, 2013

by Ralp
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hiLpyfD-AGI

Rapman the Cook
Aug 24, 2013

by Ralp
Black people are slaves to a joke culture white people created for them - rap - and the money white people gave them.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

I hate you, too

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005
absolutely

Rapman the Cook
Aug 24, 2013

by Ralp

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

yep.

Rapman the Cook
Aug 24, 2013

by Ralp
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mDfWAr8ut_I

Sir John Feelgood
Nov 18, 2009

word

RonMexicosPitbull
Feb 28, 2012

by Ralp
That's my word

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

How did the gays steal the rainbow and the blacks steal the word friend of the family. The world is falling apart for us upstanding white men.

Inevitable
Jul 27, 2007

by Ralp

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

How did the gays steal the rainbow and the blacks steal the word friend of the family. The world is falling apart for us upstanding white men.

truth itt

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo
nigga

CommonTerry
Dec 16, 2013

good is soda grape
niggas speakin english

CA

not an endorsement
Mar 14, 2008

Personally, I think it's problematic that a sitting Senator has a racial slur for a last name.

anyone else's guilt so strong that they are physically unable to type the n-word on the internet

Fuck Your Website
Nov 29, 2003
FUCK YOU, AND FUCK YOUR WEBSITE
WhAt isn't these days really

Inevitable
Jul 27, 2007

by Ralp
What are you talking about the word friend of the family brings up memories of lynchings and beatings? That's bs nobody here was a slave or was around then. Secondly, "a place white people can never go?" I will call you a friend of the family to your face and beat u down if u have a problem with it. So that ones shot too (no pun intended). Basically, the only proper use of the word friend of the family is in it's original form: a white person calling a black person a friend of the family. Anything else is just ridiculous.

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

Inevitable posted:

What are you talking about the word friend of the family brings up memories of lynchings and beatings? That's bs nobody here was a slave or was around then. Secondly, "a place white people can never go?" I will call you a friend of the family to your face and beat u down if u have a problem with it. So that ones shot too (no pun intended). Basically, the only proper use of the word friend of the family is in it's original form: a white person calling a black person a friend of the family. Anything else is just ridiculous.
op I will culturally appropriate ur boihole and u will like it

CommonTerry
Dec 16, 2013

good is soda grape

Feminition posted:

anyone else's guilt so strong that they are physically unable to type the n-word on the internet

friend of the family (no xylo stay on your board)

Inevitable
Jul 27, 2007

by Ralp
We move around the country for my husband's job. Moving from NJ to CA some years ago, I fell in with a nice group of conservative women and one day, fooling around, I said on the phone to one of them, "How are you doing (b-word that means female dog)." She actually thought I was angry with her and couldn't figure out why. She was so unaccustomed to this type of talk among friends, that even after I explained to her that I was teasing her, I'm from blue-color NJ, etc., she still kept asking people if I was mad at her. I've outgrown such foolish talk, thank heavens, but I remember it because from where I'm from, that kind of talk among friends indicated that you especially liked the person.

Inevitable
Jul 27, 2007

by Ralp
One of your best Bernie! This issue has always bugged me. Maybe we should start calling ourselves Crackers, excuse me, Crackas and tell them they are no longer allowed to use that word. Look out for the Knockout gamers, aka polar bear hunters. The comanda in chief sure seems reluctant to address this one. Now, they not only have the right to call themselves niggas, but they have the right to knock us out if they feel like it. I hope my racist remarks have not offended anyone.

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007
Lol you're loving idiot op

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

ops a bitch made nigga

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

op im gonna chomp down on ur foreskin like shmolevitz

RonMexicosPitbull
Feb 28, 2012

by Ralp