Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Seether
Mar 4, 2014

Nelson Mandingo posted:

Lindelof's career somehow survived Prometheus. Shows that the key to success is who you know, not your results.

If you though Lindelof's work was bad, check out who they have tapped to write the second screenplay: Michael Green http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2316204/. His last movie? The Green Lantern... Yeah.

Nowhere to go

but

down.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

Lindelof is an okay writer and like people harp on prometheus because religious themes gives their little tummies gas, Lost has set a lot of people on the wrong side of a goodish writer because :qqsay: the shows mysteries didn't reveal like i wanted :qqsay:

itsgotmetoo
Oct 5, 2006

by zen death robot
The plot doesn't make sense. The robot is cliche as gently caress. Any religious themes are handled like a toddler with a fuckin' fisher price tool set. The only interesting/rewarding moment is when the main character realizes that her belief might have been justified but her faith was not. That might have been an interesting point if the beginning of the movie wasn't her constantly repeating poo poo like, "It's what I choose to believe."

Honestly, the opening scene is poo poo, and sets the standard for the rest of the lovely movie.

Effectronica
May 31, 2011
Fallen Rib
Prometheus ruined science fiction for all time. Why are we dignifying it by calling it a "movie"?

Ergath
Sep 19, 2014
Prometheus was an abjectly loving terrible film with a spasticated "look at how deep I am" pustule of a plot. The script made me vomit blood and the only reason I kept some shreds of my sanity intact were a) Fassbender was good and b) I didn't pay to watch it. gently caress this shite film in all of its orifices simultaneously with cacti.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
actually ometheus is bad because ancient aliens is a retardedly boring concept

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TdaM5Mv-TTo

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme

SniperWoreConverse posted:

ancient illegal aliens

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

Aliens are real. They exist in a dimension only accessible by taking huge quantities of DMT though.

appropriatemetaphor
Jan 26, 2006

starship troopers is a good example of a movie that knows its supposed to be dumb and poking fun at like, scifi/fascist poo poo and is therefore good and awesome

itsgotmetoo
Oct 5, 2006

by zen death robot
DMT is a gateway to the world of David the Gnome in my experience.

appropriatemetaphor
Jan 26, 2006

ummmm stargate dude

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
stargate came out 200 years ago, theres' something to be said about being fresh

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TdaM5Mv-TTo

Mike the TV
Jan 14, 2008

Ninety-nine ninety-nine ninety-nine

Pillbug
my friend walked out of the theater after 20 minutes into the movie. i told him it was a better use of his money than staying and watching the whole thing.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

itsgotmetoo posted:

DMT is a gateway to the world of David the Gnome in my experience.
Norse mythology is all true. Giants built the Pyramids.

im pooping!
Nov 17, 2006

appropriatemetaphor posted:

ummmm stargate dude

i watched stargate on netflix like a month ago and noticed this immediately

appropriatemetaphor
Jan 26, 2006

sg1 yo, not the movie with oniel one el

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme

im pooping! posted:

moons sucked up all the water

:science:

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

DUNK A DILL PICKLE REALDO
so wait, wtf...

quote:

Spaihts wrote a script for a prequel to the events of the Alien films, but Scott opted for a different direction to avoid repeating cues from those films. In late 2010, Lindelof joined the project to rewrite Spaihts's script, and he and Scott developed a story that precedes the story of Alien but is not directly connected to that franchise. According to Scott, although the film shares "strands of Alien's DNA, so to speak", and takes place in the same universe, Prometheus explores its own mythology and ideas.

this is the explanation for why prometheus is so terrible? because it's "not really a prequel"? ie because ridley scott is a loving imploded geriatric hack?

god drat it, getting old sucks, you turn into a loving idiot if you're unlucky (most ppl are unlucky)

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

naem posted:

I think you guys overrate the original alien movies.

The first had a spooky vibe that made it seem intelligent but it was ultimately just a good monster movie.

alien is one of the greatest suspense thrillers ever made, and is sort of the pinnacle of "monster movie." it has absolutely some of cinema's most exquisite atmospheric set design and cinematography.

aliens is kinda lovely honestly.

im pooping!
Nov 17, 2006

i heard veronica cartwright was kinda pissed about her role in that movie because every subsequent time i or anyone else saw her in anything, we assumed she was just a whiny bitch, even if she wasnt

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Lindelofs career somehow survived a huge blockbuster success lol

The mind boggles at the thought

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

appropriatemetaphor posted:

starship troopers is a good example of a movie that knows its supposed to be dumb and poking fun at like, scifi/fascist poo poo and is therefore good and awesome

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

im pooping! posted:

UNCLEAR WHTA IS BEIN SHOWN HERE PLS HELP

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

im pooping! posted:

i heard veronica cartwright was kinda pissed about her role in that movie because every subsequent time i or anyone else saw her in anything, we assumed she was just a whiny bitch, even if she wasnt

lol...

quote:

She was originally cast as Alien's heroine Ellen Ripley, but director Ridley Scott switched her role with Sigourney Weaver's just prior to shooting the film.

suxxx

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

*puts on PPE*

*dives into Prometheus thread*

*looks around*

YUP IT'S STILL A SHITFIELD

*gets out*

*spends the next six hours getting scrubbed with bleach*

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG

SuperMechagodzilla posted:

The gay robot helps Noomi get over her daddy issues by transforming her douchey atheist boyfriend into an ebola ghost.

The ebola ghost gets shot fifty times, lit on fire, & run over by a space truck.

Right those are pretty ok things but there's all this, idunno, REST OF THE MOVIE

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG

FuturePastNow
May 19, 2014

Charlize Theron is hot, I hope her dumb character was a robot so she can come back for the next one.

muddream
Oct 13, 2014

nomadologique posted:

alien is one of the greatest suspense thrillers ever made, and is sort of the pinnacle of "monster movie." it has absolutely some of cinema's most exquisite atmospheric set design and cinematography.

aliens is kinda lovely honestly.

yup

yup

terminator 2 is the only great james cameron movie, but ridley scott used to be able to pick the right script around 33% of the time before he became old.

SuperMechagodzilla
Jun 9, 2007

NEWT REBORN
In Prometheus, the $130 million prequel to Alien, the shapeshifting slasher monster transforms into an evil bong-snake to punish some dudes' homosexual weed tryst.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!
the funniest part is how every single prometheus hater is absolutely going to go see prometheus 2 and then that will be the WORST MOVIE EVER GODDAMIT I HATE IT SO MUCH ARGGG

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

SuperMechagodzilla posted:

In Prometheus, the $130 million prequel to Alien, the shapeshifting slasher monster transforms into an evil bong-snake to punish some dudes' homosexual weed tryst.

at least it preserves the numero uno rule of slashers, moral trespassers must be punished with hellfire

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
I have never met a person in real life who liked prometheus

only strange internet weirdos like SMG like it

Scrotum Modem
Sep 12, 2014

Heh Ridley Scott is guaranteeing that there will be no xenomorphs in Prometheus 2. Also

quote:

“Right now, as we speak, it’s being written. I’ve had 15 drafts evolving. I definitely want to do that ['Prometheus 2'] again because I really enjoyed doing ‘Prometheus’.

https://uk.yahoo.com/movies/ridley-scott-updates-us-on-prometheus-2-and-blade-98235330841.html

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!
prometheus rage should be on the 'indicators of autism' list

naem
May 29, 2011

Maybe there'll be more abortion squids

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Nelson Mandingo posted:

Lindelof's career somehow survived Prometheus. Shows that the key to success is who you know, not your results.

leftovers was decent

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
tbh the funniest prometheus-related thing was when a bunch of the prometheus lubbers dropped their banners when scott released The Counselor and cemented the fact that yeah, he's not 2deep4u, he's just too old for this poo poo now

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

prometheus rage should be on the 'indicators of autism' list

nobody has ever raged about prometheus dude

films not interesting enough to get mad about

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Neurolimal posted:

tbh the funniest prometheus-related thing was when a bunch of the prometheus lubbers dropped their banners when scott released The Counselor and cemented the fact that yeah, he's not 2deep4u, he's just too old for this poo poo now

to be fair the worst part of that was the writing, what the gently caress cormac :captainpop:

• Locked thread