Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

i kinda want to watch Soymetheus now but i also want to watch Star Gate but i might just watch more Breaking Bad

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

cormac books should be limited only to coen brother direction

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!

Moola posted:

nobody has ever raged about prometheus dude

films not interesting enough to get mad about

lol

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

lol

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG

Sheng-ji Yang posted:

leftovers was decent

It was, but the things I disliked about are things that are Lindelof trademarks (IT WAS ALL A DREAM) whether or not he was actually responsible for that stuff. When the material constantly has you questioning what's real it gets hard to give a poo poo about.

naem
May 29, 2011

Dickgina

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

if it bleeds we can gently caress it

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot
whole lot of bitch mades crying about a movie because its not super deep and meaningful poo poo

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Flesh Forge posted:

It was, but the things I disliked about are things that are Lindelof trademarks (IT WAS ALL A DREAM) whether or not he was actually responsible for that stuff. When the material constantly has you questioning what's real it gets hard to give a poo poo about.

i think the dream stuff was handled pretty well in leftovers

opus111
Jul 6, 2014

i watched thsi film with my dad an d we both enjoyed it. you guts are really weird.

Ivor Biggun
Apr 30, 2003

A big "Fuck You!" from the Keyhole nebula

Lipstick Apathy

Gimp Fack posted:

Heh Ridley Scott is guaranteeing that there will be no xenomorphs in Prometheus 2. Also

https://uk.yahoo.com/movies/ridley-scott-updates-us-on-prometheus-2-and-blade-98235330841.html

"Blade Runner sequel". Calling it now, Ridey Scott is Lucasing his legacy

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

they actually liked the movie though because they arent spergs

SuperMechagodzilla
Jun 9, 2007

NEWT REBORN
Prometheus is a ridiculously cool and good version of Jason X/Leprechaun 4: In Space/Critters 4/Hellraiser: Bloodline.

MajorB
Jul 3, 2007
Another stupid '07er

babypolis posted:

they actually liked the movie though because they arent spergs

the protagonist of this video is the one that's not talking.

SuperMechagodzilla
Jun 9, 2007

NEWT REBORN
In 1982, John Carpenter wrote, produced, and scored a camped-up Halloween sequel about an evil corporation building replicants and messing around with technopagan magick. Michael Myers was only in it for like five seconds.

This also owned a lot.

Amarcarts
Feb 21, 2007

This looks a lot like suffering.
The movie was alright, with some great scenes, but I didn't like the opening scene and the stuff in the plot about how humans were made by the engineers. I study evolutionary biology IRL. The vast majority of people who believe in evolution are just as clueless about the details of how it works as the religious right, but because they aren't as batshit brainwashed as the religious right they are inclined to believe they are deep thinkers and that inevitably it's going to be shown that humans are way too special compared to other species on this planet to have evolved without some sort of intelligent guidance/intervention.

Prometheus is probably the third or fourth movie I've seen with a plot that's pandered to this fantasy in some way. It's just their way of coping with the fact that they don't have a traditional origin myth and they didn't pay attention in science class. Also non-scientists love to assume that evolutionary biologists worship Darwin the way people worship the founding fathers or Jesus. Hence the biologist character in the movie written to look like a blind faith religious idiot.

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

SuperMechagodzilla posted:

Prometheus is a ridiculously cool and good version of Jason X/Leprechaun 4: In Space/Critters 4/Hellraiser: Bloodline.

I see what u did there

Spatula City
Oct 21, 2010

LET ME EXPLAIN TO YOU WHY YOU ARE WRONG ABOUT EVERYTHING
Noomi Rapace is wonderful and should be in all movies. :3:

Robotnik Nudes
Jul 8, 2013

In Ridley Scott's Prometheus a religious girl and her douchebag boyfriend go in search of God with an atheist robot. She gets knocked up, has a backalley space abortion, then her aborted tentacle fetus hentai fucks God to death.

What's not to love?

naem
May 29, 2011

Spatula City posted:

Noomi Rapace is wonderful and should be in all movies. :3:

I would like to snuggle her and also Charlize's butt

Effectronica
May 31, 2011
Fallen Rib

Amarcarts posted:

The movie was alright, with some great scenes, but I didn't like the opening scene and the stuff in the plot about how humans were made by the engineers. I study evolutionary biology IRL. The vast majority of people who believe in evolution are just as clueless about the details of how it works as the religious right, but because they aren't as batshit brainwashed as the religious right they are inclined to believe they are deep thinkers and that inevitably it's going to be shown that humans are way too special compared to other species on this planet to have evolved without some sort of intelligent guidance/intervention.

Prometheus is probably the third or fourth movie I've seen with a plot that's pandered to this fantasy in some way. It's just their way of coping with the fact that they don't have a traditional origin myth and they didn't pay attention in science class. Also non-scientists love to assume that evolutionary biologists worship Darwin the way people worship the founding fathers or Jesus. Hence the biologist character in the movie written to look like a blind faith religious idiot.

I study physics IRL, and have a ball watching sci-fi movies.

SuperMechagodzilla
Jun 9, 2007

NEWT REBORN
In John Carpenter's Prince Of Darkness, a team of inexperienced scientists is sent to examine a jar of green goo, hidden in a secret temple beneath a church. The goo, left there by the ancient aliens that inspired the bible, starts causing everyone to go insane, zombify, mutate, and so-on. The scientists soon realize that the goo will bring about the apocalypse unless they use the power of Jesus to defeat both the God and 'Anti-God' responsible.

Spunky Junior Reporter!
Jul 27, 2011

Fun Shoe
ive never watched this movie or any of the other alien movies

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
Prometheus was ok but flawed. Leftovers was pretty good tho i think

Irradiation
Sep 14, 2005

I understand your frustration.

Ivor Biggun posted:

"Blade Runner sequel". Calling it now, Ridey Scott is Lucasing his legacy

Blade Runner is also poo poo.

lynch_69
Jan 21, 2001

If you made a top 10 list of goons' favourite movies it would be some embarrassing pew pew robots and ninjas poo poo.

Tubgirl Cosplay
Jan 10, 2011

by Ion Helmet

lynch_69 posted:

If you made a top 10 list of goons' favourite movies it would be some embarrassing pew pew robots and ninjas poo poo.

hmm

hmmmmmmmmm

Harime Nui
Apr 15, 2008

The New Insincerity

Irradiation posted:

Blade Runner is also poo poo.

What's it like, to suck

Irradiation
Sep 14, 2005

I understand your frustration.

Harime Nui posted:

What's it like, to suck

Watch Blade Runner and find out.

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug

lynch_69 posted:

It would pretty much be:

1. Galaxy Quest

Harime Nui
Apr 15, 2008

The New Insincerity

Irradiation posted:

Watch Blade Runner and find out.

It's too bad you won't live...... but then again who does?

Portals
Apr 18, 2012

everyone in prometheus was an idiot

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

DUNK A DILL PICKLE REALDO

numberoneposter posted:

i kinda want to watch Soymetheus now but i also want to watch Star Gate but i might just watch more Breaking Bad

gay n bad taste @ life

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

I really like Prometheus and can watch it repeatedly but when people watch it with me and complain incessantly that it makes no sense and the characters make dumb decisions, that its confusing and all these factors lead them to conclude its just not a very good movie, well I just sit back secure in the knowledge that I'm the only one who gets it.

Harime Nui
Apr 15, 2008

The New Insincerity
It's funny becuase, you know what? We all have different things that can make or break movies for us, things that can pierce the bubble of our own personal suspensions of disbelief. For example, I loved Prometheus---I saw it four times in the theater---but that scene where John Kent dies in Man of Steel? What the gently caress was that? Any human being who runs into a tornado after a dog to my mind is so unfathomably retarded I could only regard the subsequent events as comedy. That almost destroyed Man of Steel for me. So yes, we all have

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."

SuperMechagodzilla posted:

In John Carpenter's Prince Of Darkness, a team of inexperienced scientists is sent to examine a jar of green goo, hidden in a secret temple beneath a church. The goo, left there by the ancient aliens that inspired the bible, starts causing everyone to go insane, zombify, mutate, and so-on. The scientists soon realize that the goo will bring about the apocalypse unless they use the power of Jesus to defeat both the God and 'Anti-God' responsible.

sorry SMG, your gimmick doesn't work here because no one in GBS has the patience or attention span to read your posts :shrug:

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

DUNK A DILL PICKLE REALDO
iunno man i thin khe's definitely improving this thread

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

I didn't really dislike it, but pretty much every single character seemed to be a massive idiot who made stupid decisions.
On an alien world, being specifically told not to take your helmet off? Take helmet off.
In an alien building, seeing things never seen before by humans? I'm a geologist and there are no rocks, so I'm not remotely interested, I'll go back to the ship.
Found a one-of-a-kind alien skull? Yay, let's pump electricity into it just to see what happens.
Mysterious alien snake-thing appears out of the mud? Aw, it's so cute, let's play with it.

• Locked thread