Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

i really don't think those are good enough reasons to hate on the guy. can't a person just post what they think in the way they want?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

DUNK A DILL PICKLE REALDO

Effectronica posted:

Well, poster Sweet Tea, I think that possibly it may have a little bit of something to do with the manner, that is, the way in which he writes the posts that he makes, wherein (to make an analogy) sentence fragments swell outward, expanding into full clauses, sentences, and finally gigantic comma-spliced monstrosities, like twenty frayed ropes merged into one. This is of course setting aside the Weltschmerz derived from the heedless needless and creedless obscurantism commonly displayed within his writings, and the beef many of the more critically fluent posters on Something Awful have with his actual conclusions, and in addition there is the deranged aspect of shouting into a void that often happens whenever people attempt to interact with him, what jungian theory considered to be the cause of schizophrenic and schizotypal symptoms. i would advise all people that "get" SMG to be careful because that likely means you have a predisposition to a mental illness. peace.

oh yeah man oh yeah i got a nice pynchon half chubby from that first sentence

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
Weltschmerz is a fetish where youre sexually aroused by thinking about the pus/fluids/seeps that come from welts and similar wounds

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TdaM5Mv-TTo

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

like say you have an idea about hot dogs, if the idea itself is true to our conception of hot dogs then do you have to write it in any way or respond to people criticizing it for it to be worth posting? like i said i disagree with him often but it's unrealistic to expect him to respond diligently to the dogpile on top of him in every thread

Effectronica
May 31, 2011
Fallen Rib

Sweet Tea posted:

like say you have an idea about hot dogs, if the idea itself is true to our conception of hot dogs then do you have to write it in any way or respond to people criticizing it for it to be worth posting? like i said i disagree with him often but it's unrealistic to expect him to respond diligently to the dogpile on top of him in ever thread

I don't- I don't know why you took that to be a serious post. Have you seriously never seen niggerstomper58's confession?

NorgLyle
Sep 20, 2002

Do you think I posted to this forum because I value your companionship?

Tubgirl Cosplay posted:

Because his gimmick is extremely funny in bad threads full of griping manchildren, and it makes the people who can't be funny even on accident insanely furious that someone would come along and ruin their idiot slapfights about canon
No lie, when they started posting 'Current Releases' I spent a few weeks convinced it was a really well done subtle parody of terrible internet film reviewers and that there would be some kind of amazing payoff after a couple of columns. Jokes on me I guess.

Stick Figure Mafia
Dec 11, 2004

Sweet Tea posted:

like say you have an idea about hot dogs, if the idea itself is true to our conception of hot dogs then do you have to write it in any way or respond to people criticizing it for it to be worth posting? like i said i disagree with him often but it's unrealistic to expect him to respond diligently to the dogpile on top of him in every thread

let me write a five page essay on your use of the word "dog" and your fixation with male genitalia

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

what does permabanned poster niggerstomper58 have to do with anything? don't bring him into this

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

I just read the script for PROM 2: The Awakening by director Ridley Scott

some cool things happen

Charlie Theron comes back as a alien human android hybrid with acid android blood.
Weyland comes back as a ruthless android played by that guy from momento
Shaw was never heard from again
Shaw comes back as a clone with alien still in pregnancy, reproduced from date salvaged from the Prometheus ship recorder
Shaw has acid blood
The three plus a rag tag group of space miners must reinvestigate the planet from prometheus.
they fall for all the same traps again and shaw is the only one who survives

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

I bet Noomi Rapace gives dynamite handjobs.

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

supermechagodzilla is both incredibly right and incredibly funny, which makes a double incredible sandwich for those of us who are into that kinda thing

BooLoo
Oct 18, 2010

SLAM TIME
I enjoyed everything well enough until they didn't just run to the side when the spaceship was rolling towards them.

Baba Ganoush
Oct 12, 2014
Dinosaur Gum
It's supposed to be a 3 part trilogy and the prequel to the Alien movies. But the directors keep leaving or something so it's taking forever to do a second film.

Anyway, that's why a lot of people probably didn't like it

Because they didn't know

Throwdini
Aug 2, 2006
i like that the crew are normal dumb idiots instead of genius star trek types

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG

Harime Nui posted:

It would have been funny to me, like really funny, if the same actress just turned up in the role of Wonder Woman, yes.

Does it bother you that the Human Torch is also Captain America (and much better in that role)

Baba Ganoush posted:

It's supposed to be a 3 part trilogy and the prequel to the Alien movies. But the directors keep leaving or something so it's taking forever to do a second film.

Anyway, that's why a lot of people probably didn't like it

Because they didn't know

it couldn't be because it was dumb and terrible, no

Flesh Forge
Jan 31, 2011

LET ME TELL YOU ABOUT MY DOG

Sweet Tea posted:

why do people hate smg? i think he has interesting opinions although i disagree with him often

People a) take poo poo super seriously and b) feel compelled to DEFEAT THE ENEMY ON THE INTERNET NO MERCY NO SURRENDER NO MASTER BUT GOD

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

BooLoo posted:

I enjoyed everything well enough until they didn't just run to the side when the spaceship was rolling towards them.

classic movie mistake!

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

vyst posted:

don't that's dangerous! :ohdear:

Stick Figure Mafia
Dec 11, 2004

why did the aliens land on earth if the water is in the ocean atheists?!

Harime Nui
Apr 15, 2008

The New Insincerity

Flesh Forge posted:

Does it bother you that the Human Torch is also Captain America (and much better in that role)

Those are different cinematic universes! And one of them was really bad!

Moola
Aug 16, 2006

Effectronica posted:

Well, poster Sweet Tea, I think that possibly it may have a little bit of something to do with the manner, that is, the way in which he writes the posts that he makes, wherein (to make an analogy) sentence fragments swell outward, expanding into full clauses, sentences, and finally gigantic comma-spliced monstrosities, like twenty frayed ropes merged into one. This is of course setting aside the Weltschmerz derived from the heedless needless and creedless obscurantism commonly displayed within his writings, and the beef many of the more critically fluent posters on Something Awful have with his actual conclusions, and in addition there is the deranged aspect of shouting into a void that often happens whenever people attempt to interact with him, what jungian theory considered to be the cause of schizophrenic and schizotypal symptoms. i would advise all people that "get" SMG to be careful because that likely means you have a predisposition to a mental illness. peace.

Lil Swamp Booger Baby
Aug 1, 1981

Honestly I liked Prometheus but solely because over the past year my cancerous nerdery has gone into remission and I no longer give a poo poo about stupid garbage like canon or everything needing to make some sort of tangible sense from my detached rational viewpoint.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

Noomi Rapace is in Girl with Dragon Tat.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

numberoneposter posted:

Noomi Rapace is in Girl with Dragon Tat.

She gets plaped too in it which is p hot.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

ok time to watch some 'etheus!

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

:swoon: MURALI :swoon:

The same guy wrote Lost is all you need to know about this lovely movie.

Francis Baconator
Jul 11, 2008

Thanks for the avatar man!

SuperMechagodzilla posted:

Prometheus is probably the best film ever made.
anyone who disagrees with this is literally hitler mussolini

naem
May 29, 2011

vyst posted:

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
i want her to beat me up, sexually

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TdaM5Mv-TTo

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

her sister is hotter IMO

Bolek
May 1, 2003

As a seasoned movie watcher, evidenced by me knowing the credited writer on this movie, and some of his past credited work, my opinion matters an appreciablow me

effectronica made some good post itt

That's about it

Harime Nui
Apr 15, 2008

The New Insincerity

SniperWoreConverse posted:

i want her to beat me up, sexually

well if you're not into BDSM you have aspergers

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

I have watched literally dozens of movie and Prometheus is certainly among films that I have viewed.

naem
May 29, 2011

etalian posted:

her sister is hotter IMO

Proof pls

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

so I just watched Prometheusand I think it needs more olives.

That's right I said it. I ordered and ate a whole footlong meatball sandwich from Subway while watching Prometheus and it definitely needs more olives.

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Prometheus had one of the best trailers. I watched that trailer more than the film, minute for minute.

Neurolimal posted:

movie was bad, rapace should be playing wonder woman instead of gal godot

ethanol
Jul 13, 2007

Mameluke posted:

Prometheus had one of the best trailers. I watched that trailer more than the film, minute for minute.

it was literally just the alien trailer over again though

SuperMechagodzilla
Jun 9, 2007

NEWT REBORN
OFFICIAL list of Alien movies, in order of canonicity:

Prometheus
Alien
Crawl Or Die
Alien 2: On Earth
Apollo 18
The Thing
The Thing
Mutant
Alien Versus|Predators: Requiem
Aliens
Skyline
Europa Report

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

naem
May 29, 2011

I watched a full hour of nothing on Europa report and gave up, do aliens eat anybody or do any of the woman run around in their underpants or anything

• Locked thread