Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

I was wondering how much of GBS prefers having the theater to themselves? What are the perks? Do you eat loudly?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

psyopmonkey
Nov 15, 2008

by Lowtax
I only go to the theater with people.

I can just watch movies at home.

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

no im not a pedophile

psyopmonkey
Nov 15, 2008

by Lowtax
Is pedo or paedo?

The ae thing looks cooler.

Can we do that on here. Aeny time there is aenything close to an AE we just go with it?

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

psyopmonkey posted:

Is pedo or paedo?

Can we do that on here. Aeny time there is aenything close to an AE we just go with it?

paedo is for english pedos

psyopmonkey
Nov 15, 2008

by Lowtax
Whoa whoa whoa...

So do the paedofiles themselves use the ae? Is it the entire country?

AE thread ITT

Harime Nui
Apr 15, 2008

The New Insincerity
I usually go alone to bad movies like Kick-rear end 2 and Sin City 2 so I can have the whole theater to myself and fall asleep and force an usher to wake me up at closing

Harime Nui
Apr 15, 2008

The New Insincerity
Also The Transporter 2.... huh

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL
yes, it's easier to masturbate

Donovan Trip
Jan 6, 2007
I like to Jack of a lot so I prefer occupied theaters. Ty

gorki
Aug 9, 2014

psyopmonkey
Nov 15, 2008

by Lowtax

I bet theyre watching mannequin.

Ace of Baes
Jul 7, 1977
No I with my wife, or if she can't because of work and I really wanna see it I'll go with a group of friends.
The idea of going to a movie by yourself is weird, half the fun of it is talking to whoever about the movie afterwards.

Al Cowens
Aug 11, 2004

by WE B Bourgeois
I saw The Tale of Princess Kaguya with my bf tonight.

He thought it was alright.

Cubone
May 26, 2011

Because it never leaves its bedroom, no one has ever seen this poster's real face.
yes, and I'm not a pedo, the only time I came was a really provocative sequence in Horton here's a who

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

I don't go to movies usually, but I can usually get people to come along with me. Sometimes I can't, and I'm not going to be stopped for that.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

i don't like to do usually social things, like theatres and restaurants, alone

it feels like a waste

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry
Once when I was like 21. Some remade Jason movie. Some random teenage chick and her buddies was all like "So you sharing that popcorn with anyone?"

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW
lol no.

Who goes to anything alone?

I don't even go to the bathroom alone. poo poo at night its dark and scary. I need someone to hold my hand :ohdear:

Al Cowens
Aug 11, 2004

by WE B Bourgeois

Wicker Man posted:

Once when I was like 21. Some remade Jason movie. Some random teenage chick and her buddies was all like "So you sharing that popcorn with anyone?"
Should have went for it, dude. If there is a next time, go for it. See you in jail :byewhore:

Frisky
Apr 2, 2012

What turtle?
very carefully

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

how is it even like a thing you must do with friends, unless you're a dick who talks during a movie.

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Everything's gonna be A-OK
Oven Wrangler
I once went to a movie by myself but only because every single one of my friends was too busy to go with me. It was ok.

joxxuh
May 20, 2011
I'm married so I need to take the missus along usually, but I often went alone while single. After a good film you are feeling a bit dazed and the last thing you want is someone going "meh, I didn't really like it"

lonesomedwarf
Mar 22, 2010

years ago i was very bored and thought id just go to the movies and i didnt even see what was on but when i got there because i was in a relatively small town at the time the only thing i could see was anger management so i saw that and i dont think i've gone to the movies alone since it was a pretty bad experience.

lonesomedwarf
Mar 22, 2010

psyopmonkey posted:

Is pedo or paedo?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fTaKDnSIb4c

edit i thought the video would show the part where moss says "they say pedophile in america maybe you should move there" but they didn't show that part that was the whole point of pasting that video i am sorry for wasting your time with this

antisocial86
Dec 8, 2003
yes sirs
I saw Zoolander alone when it came out.

I am going to die alone too.

Cake Smashing Boob
Nov 5, 2008

I support black genocide
Went alone once because there was this kind of niche documentary I really wanted to see and none of my philistine friends wanted to go

I was probably the only person there under age 50. Was a good documentary, though

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Everything's gonna be A-OK
Oven Wrangler
I saw Snowpiercer with my mom and sister which was probably weirder than going alone would have been.

Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

lonesomedwarf posted:

years ago i was very bored and thought id just go to the movies and i didnt even see what was on but when i got there because i was in a relatively small town at the time the only thing i could see was anger management so i saw that and i dont think i've gone to the movies alone since it was a pretty bad experience.

comedies tend to make the worst movies to go to.

Better to wait for the unrated version to come out on DVD.

Trixie Hardcore
Jul 1, 2006

Placeholder.
When I was a kid/teen I saw movies alone a lot because my mom & I have different tastes so we'd go to the movies together and then see different movies. (Like, I think when I first saw Pulp Fiction she was watching The Shawshank Redemption.) As an adult I always go with either my girlfriend or friends because I want to share the experience but if there was ever a movie I really wanted to see & no one else does I don't think I'd have a problem going alone.

Rapman the Cook
Aug 24, 2013

by Ralp
I like theatres where I get to post my dumb sig.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!
I guess I'm rear end-backwards because I think it's better to see movies in the theater alone but better to see movies at home with friends.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
I don't have any human friends

But I do have my draconic headmates and they will go watch movies with me any time

Muttonchips
Jun 5, 2014

by Shine
Absolutely. Can't stand it when you go with people and they need to keep adding little quips. Then after the movie, they're like "WHAT DID YOU THINK" and I'm like "Idk. I need time to process it all"

That's why I go by myself. If you want people to back off, just bring a pad so you look like you're a reviewer. That's what I do and it works just fine.

I mean I'll still go in a group setting to socialize or perhaps to take a woman on a date, but if there's a movie I REALLY want to see I'll skip the peanut gallery.

Alas Boobylon
Sep 30, 2014
no

wilfredmerriweathr
Jul 11, 2005
who the gently caress pays to see movies these days

can't think of any worth spending money on

Hometown Slime Queen
Oct 26, 2004

the GOAT
It's not like you can socialize during a loving movie unless you're an rear end in a top hat. I got to some movies alone and some with friends, but we always do other poo poo like go out to eat or something too.

Full Metal Jackass
Jan 22, 2001

Rabid bats are welcome in my home
I never have, but I don't see a problem with it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Segata Sanshiro
Sep 10, 2011

we can live for nothing
baby i don't care

lose me like the ocean
feel the motion

:coolfish:

it's p simple imo, comedies and action flicks are for seeing and laughing at with friends. more serious stuff is for seeing alone or better yet waiting until it comes out on bluray/netflix and torrenting it paying for it and watching it in the privacy of your home like a responsible adult

• Locked thread