Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DoomLazer
Jun 1, 2011
The reason it's only $10 a month is because they don't have the rights to stream anything worth watching.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

psyopmonkey
Nov 15, 2008

by Lowtax
Thats not very nice.

The Dennis System
Aug 4, 2014

Nothing in Jurassic World is natural, we have always filled gaps in the genome with the DNA of other animals. And if the genetic code was pure, many of them would look quite different. But you didn't ask for reality, you asked for more teeth.
Netflix has a lot of good TV.

psyopmonkey
Nov 15, 2008

by Lowtax
Peaky Blinders wasnt that great.

I liked Lillyhammer more.

Spider Helidon
Nov 4, 2010

by XyloJW
The free ones are good value

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
I liked netflix when they had Buffy, Hercules and Xena on there

but I think theyre not on there anymore so NO DICE

Harime Nui
Apr 15, 2008

The New Insincerity
Buffy and Star Trek on hulu Summer before last was TIGHT

Moola
Aug 16, 2006
:agreed:

I find it hard to like anything like Netflix cause im paranoid theyll rotate what im watching off the service

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot
it's me, i'm the mouthbreather that assume netflix just maliciously removes things and that rightsholders constantly loving them in the rear end for more money are not, in fact, to blame

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot
I for one hope netflix goes bankrupt to be replaced by a service that's actually either more expensive than movie stores used to be or costs four times as much per month (or both)*

it will all be worth it when I can queue up Xena whenever I want

*per user profile

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

hulu is the most ridiculous one. Pay them money and endure ads anyway. lol. eat poo poo. when i'm forced to watch free hulu i leave adblock on anyway. I really want to make sure nobody is getting money for my eyeballs

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

xena is really really hot

The Dennis System
Aug 4, 2014

Nothing in Jurassic World is natural, we have always filled gaps in the genome with the DNA of other animals. And if the genetic code was pure, many of them would look quite different. But you didn't ask for reality, you asked for more teeth.

hemophilia posted:

hulu is the most ridiculous one. Pay them money and endure ads anyway. lol. eat poo poo. when i'm forced to watch free hulu i leave adblock on anyway. I really want to make sure nobody is getting money for my eyeballs

Cable makes you pay, a lot, and it also has ads. A lot of ads.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

The Dennis System posted:

And it also sucks horribly and there's no reason to use it unless you watch a lot of TV or must watch a TV show same-day. So pretty much only useful for sports these days.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

What passes for a good regular broadcast Sitcom these days and if you say Big Bang Theory I will summon a rock gollum to dent all the panels on your car.

MisterFister
Jul 6, 2003

Sticking it to THE MAN, assuming THE MAN is an innocent casual dining restaurant.

numberoneposter posted:

What passes for a good regular broadcast Sitcom these days and if you say Big Bang Theory I will summon a rock gollum to dent all the panels on your car.

New girl makes me laugh sometimes.

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

I canceled Netflix after I finished Breaking Bad. There's nothing worth watching at all. I guess I have Amazon Prime but who gives a poo poo, I have no devices that play it on my TV and I'm not going to watch poo poo on a tablet or laptop like a chump.

Rapman the Cook
Aug 24, 2013

by Ralp

DoomLazer posted:

Govie gtreaming gervices gre garbage.

Yeah, thats what Im hearing ya loving hero. gently caress off.

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

BRING BACK MURDER SHE WROTE

Three-Phase
Aug 5, 2006

by zen death robot
I might sign up if HBO gets a streaming-only service.

And maybe have a new season of Rome.

Riot Bimbo
Dec 28, 2006

The Dennis System posted:

my cable package exists soley so i don't have to wait a couple of hours after my favorite HBO shows air to pirate them

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!
android phone + _____ + allcast + chromecast = great streaming service

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

nothin' wrong with a lady drinkin' alone in her room
I dunno, ten bucks a month really isn't a lot of money, and I can always find SOMETHING to watch. If nothing else, Netflix has a lot of great documentaries. HBOGo is also pretty great if you can get someone to give you their code, though I don't like that you have to manually start each episode of a show.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BigBoss
Jan 26, 2012

by Lowtax

numberoneposter posted:

xena is really really hot

• Locked thread