Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Muttonchips
Jun 5, 2014

by Shine

Gonna get ready to blast some targets.

I'm meeting up with a friend who's bringing his collection of revolvers and handguns and he had he's also bringing a mauser bolt action omg I can't wait.

Gonna be indoor though so apparently it's going to be paper targets only :(

I hope they have some of Osama Bin Laden targets.

If there are any of you who have never fired guns I feel so sorry for you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW

Muttonchips posted:

Gonna get ready to blast some targets.

I'm meeting up with a friend who's bringing his collection of revolvers and handguns and he had he's also bringing a mauser bolt action omg I can't wait.

Gonna be indoor though so apparently it's going to be paper targets only :(

I hope they have some of Osama Bin Laden targets.

If there are any of you who have never fired guns I feel so sorry for you.

shooting paper is less fun than just plinking, don't waste your bullets on paper targets if your goal is to have fun.

Muttonchips
Jun 5, 2014

by Shine
Nooooooo apparently they have separate rifle lane and handgun lane and we're not gonna pay for both so we're gonna ditch the rifle and go with the handguns only.

And idk I think "precision" target shooting is just as fun as blasting poo poo but YMMV.

LifeSizePotato
Mar 3, 2005

i spent 3 hours at the range just yesterday blastin gats and slingin lead, op. it is a lot of fun.

god bless and namaste

Bold Robot
Jan 6, 2009

Be brave.

It they don't have OBL targets they're loving unamerican.

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
ive yet to find a range where i can fire my 1:1 scale replica of the dardanelles bombard and frankly im starting to get a little tired of this violation of my rights to shoot huge cannonballs whenever i please

Cake Smashing Boob
Nov 5, 2008

I support black genocide
Cool I'm going to the sword range later gonna slice some targets w my katana

guns are nice I guess but if you've never held real hanzo steel I feel sorry for you

City of Tampa
May 6, 2007

by zen death robot

Muttonchips posted:

Nooooooo apparently they have separate rifle lane and handgun lane and we're not gonna pay for both so we're gonna ditch the rifle and go with the handguns only.

And idk I think "precision" target shooting is just as fun as blasting poo poo but YMMV.

Rent the rifle lane because you can roll the target forward to shoot handguns, and you'll be able to put the target out farther for when you shoot rifles. Most decent indoor ranges have some automatic way to set the distance of the target.

Rapman the Cook
Aug 24, 2013

by Ralp
"Boy, wish I had a dick" - Every gun lover.

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW

Rapman the Cook posted:

forgot the "I'm so poor and live in such a lovely place i need to shoot rodents so i can eat."

Ramsus
Sep 14, 2002

by Hand Knit
Ammo is too expensive these days. Better stick to owning guns and being really inaccurate with them like me.

TOILETLORD
Nov 13, 2012

by XyloJW

Ramsus posted:

Ammo is too expensive these days. Better stick to owning guns and being really inaccurate with them like me.

just buy a million 7.5 and number 8 shells.

The Droid
Jun 11, 2012

Rapman the Cook posted:

i wouldnt say that, but i would say it about the op

Stealthgerbil
Dec 16, 2004

Rapman the Cook posted:

thats not true i have a big gun and a big dick

psyopmonkey
Nov 15, 2008

by Lowtax
Please wear eyes and ears.

Muttonchips
Jun 5, 2014

by Shine
poo poo was awesome that's all

Risky
May 18, 2003

Rapman the Cook posted:

Shut up nerd

bitchtard
Dec 3, 2010

Guns are super cool. Please don't point them at living things.

Muttonchips
Jun 5, 2014

by Shine

bitchtard posted:

Small game hunting pwns- squirrels are my favorite thing to hunt because they're loving smart. They'll actually hug a tree and rotate to hide from you. Anyone who's hunted squirrels know what I'm talking about. Fuckin hilarious- like out of a cartoon or something. My go to rig was an air rifle with .177 pellets.

Used to live way out in the middle of nowhere where I was able hunt poo poo like that in my backyard with reckless abandon but now I'm in the suburbs and you can't even fire your gun anywhere in the city.

I miss it. :(

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

psyopmonkey posted:

Please wear eyes and ears.

bitchtard posted:

CaptainQuirk
May 9, 2009

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Nothing about guns is cool or interesting and if you use them even recreationally you have either open or closeted feelings of inadequacy and your place in the world.

WEll bye

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010

Muttonchips posted:

Used to live way out in the middle of nowhere where I was able hunt poo poo like that in my backyard with reckless abandon but now I'm in the suburbs and you can't even fire your gun anywhere in the city.

I miss it. :(

Just become a police officer

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring
Please shoot responsibly

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

Big Beef City posted:

Nothing about guns is cool or interesting and if you use them even recreationally you have either open or closeted feelings of inadequacy and your place in the world.

WEll bye

are you mad the OP didn't put a trigger warning in the title? :qq:

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring
It is actually a good thing to know how to responsibly handle a gun, I don't get the GBS gun hate there is no need for people to politicize the issue :shrug:

itsgotmetoo
Oct 5, 2006

by zen death robot
People like guns for the same reason they like to hold roman candles.

Except roman candles take a lot more skill to actually aim.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Luvcow posted:

It is actually a good thing to know how to responsibly handle a gun, I don't get the GBS gun hate there is no need for people to politicize the issue :shrug:

THere's no reason to be able to know how to 'responsibly handle a gun' if no one has them.
Problem solved.

Muttonchips
Jun 5, 2014

by Shine

itsgotmetoo posted:

People like guns for the same reason they like the hold roman candles.

Except roman candles take a lot more skill to actually aim.
Yea the sights on the gun make it a lot easier to go phew phew phew and send bullets where you want em to go

Triple A
Jul 14, 2010

Your sword, sahib.

Luvcow posted:

they project their own insecurities upon firearms and act all holier-than-thou

Junkfist
Oct 7, 2004

FRIEND?

Big Beef City posted:

THere's no reason to be able to know how to 'responsibly handle a gun' if no one has them.
Problem solved.

Oh I thought you left.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Forgot my keys

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

Triple A posted:

they project their own insecurities upon firearms and act all holier-than-thou

but enough about forums poster Big Beef City

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring

Big Beef City posted:

THere's no reason to be able to responsibly handle a gun if no one has them.
Problem solved.

But people will always have them, think of the children. And the people who live in the woods.

I'm more outraged at the video games and the liberal media for portraying irresponsible use of guns. It's not NRA conservatives making movies like "Bullet to the Head" or "The Expendables".

Muttonchips
Jun 5, 2014

by Shine

Luvcow posted:

FYI they're all fake posting and they just want to get a rise of you.

And if they're actually serious (lol) I don't care what some hippie thinks about my guns. They can go back to their stupid SWJ drum circles.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Yeah I'm insecure because I don't need a fashion accessory designed specifically to kill things at my leisure. You got me.

Maxwellsdemon
Nov 12, 2007
meh
Grimey Drawer
I hope you have a fun time and please shoot responsibly.

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

lowtax please filter this to "suave warrior Jesus" tia

Muttonchips
Jun 5, 2014

by Shine

Luvcow posted:

But people will always have them, think of the children. And the people who live in the woods.

I'm more outraged at the video games and the liberal media for portraying irresponsible use of guns. It's not NRA conservatives making movies like "Bullet to the Head" or "The Expendables".

A lot of noobs getting trolled ITT

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Triple A
Jul 14, 2010

Your sword, sahib.

The Mad Archivist posted:

but enough about forums poster Big Beef City

:agreed:

• Locked thread