Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Torka
Jan 5, 2008

Al Cowens posted:

I don't know much of anything about New Zealand so perhaps you can enlighten me but I'm pretty sure your neighborhood doesn't have the same kind of faux-radical activist climate that I'm surrounded by and well GBS might have an IQ of 60 in these times but I'm sure you know about anecdotes and the perils thereof

oh right, yeah I guess due to cultural differences it's a bit rarer for someone outside academia to self identify as a feminist here so maybe they're more likely to be thoughtful about it if they do? idk

it's deffo been my experience that feminist women make good friends (and sometimes partners but I don't want to emphasise that part because "feminism's cool because liberated women are easy" is the worst meme and misses the point)

Torka fucked around with this message at 04:41 on Oct 19, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hohhat
Sep 25, 2014

Effectronica posted:

learn some intersectionality (the real thing) and get back to us.

No you.

Al Cowens posted:

Suck my twink mocha-colored cock with a side of sambal oelek

Please don't threaten people with sexual assault because they disagree with you. <--- controversial feminist idea

Effectronica
May 31, 2011
Fallen Rib

Agag posted:

No you.

Please don't threaten people with sexual assault because they disagree with you. <--- controversial feminist idea

That's not a threat. Telling people to suck your dick is not a threat.

Butt Frosted Cake
Dec 27, 2010

hell yeah man i love to read philosophy books are ftw

Al Cowens
Aug 11, 2004

by WE B Bourgeois

Agag posted:

No you.
You're actively working against minority interests and a significant force in their oppression lmao.

Miltank
Dec 27, 2009

by XyloJW

Torka posted:

it's deffo been my experience that feminist women here make good friends (and sometimes partners but I don't want to emphasise that part because "feminism's cool because liberated women are easy" is the worst meme and misses the point)

its not a meme its a stereotype and its true.

e: but that is a good thing and just another reason why feminism is ftw

Miltank fucked around with this message at 04:43 on Oct 19, 2014

cat doter
Jul 27, 2006

gonna need more cheese...australia has a lot of crackers
weirdos bring up the extremist feminism "all sex is rape" all the time but regular rear end feminists are sex positive and will probably gently caress you if you're not a loving douchebag and they like you

sex shame is stupid

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

cat doter posted:

sex shame is stupid

But I got a boner from a videogame once. :cry:

Harime Nui
Apr 15, 2008

The New Insincerity
liberals, liberals, liberals

liberals liberals liberals liberals

liberals liberals LIBERLALS liberals liberals, liberals

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Typical Pubbie posted:

I personally prescribe to the philosophy of egalitarianism, which is like feminism only better. True equality means treating everyone's problems as though they are equally important.
i agree with this. egalitarianism is a much better movement because it doesn't focus only on the issues of one gender or race. as a card carrying member of the klu klux klan i dont understand why we cant just put all these social movements in one basket, because obviously every person should be equal before the law and i dont think anyone can disagree. women and negroids shouldn't get horribly unfair treatment like affirmative action and sexual harassment laws that discriminate against all the marginalized white men in our society.

that's why i ardently agree with your post, my vote is for egalitarianism too.

Dolphin fucked around with this message at 04:51 on Oct 19, 2014

hohhat
Sep 25, 2014

Effectronica posted:

That's not a threat. Telling people to suck your dick is not a threat.

So you don't believe ordering strangers to perform sex acts is threatening. Interesting.

Al Cowens posted:

You're actively working against minority interests and a significant force in their oppression lmao.

Minority = gamers.

Torka
Jan 5, 2008

Miltank posted:

its not a meme its a stereotype and its true.

e: but that is a good thing and just another reason why feminism is ftw

yeah I guess I misused meme there

and yeah of course a woman who doesn't think having sex makes her a bad person will be more likely to have sex when she wants to, and that is a good thing, I'm just wary of promoting that as a reason for a guy to support feminism since it's self-serving

Torka fucked around with this message at 04:52 on Oct 19, 2014

Effectronica
May 31, 2011
Fallen Rib

Agag posted:

So you don't believe ordering strangers to perform sex acts is threatening. Interesting.

Minority = gamers.

It isn't. It's only threatening when you're doing other threatening things to give it the menace that doesn't exist online or in casual conversation. Like, if I told you to go gently caress yourself if you asked me for the time, would you think I was ordering you to jack it?

hohhat
Sep 25, 2014

Effectronica posted:

It isn't. It's only threatening when you're doing other threatening things to give it the menace that doesn't exist online or in casual conversation. Like, if I told you to go gently caress yourself if you asked me for the time, would you think I was ordering you to jack it?

I think this should be a safe space where everyone can discuss their feelings without that kind of triggering language.

Effectronica
May 31, 2011
Fallen Rib

Agag posted:

I think this should be a safe space where everyone can discuss their feelings without that kind of triggering language.

Go gently caress yourself.

Al Cowens
Aug 11, 2004

by WE B Bourgeois

Agag posted:

Minority = gamers.
Emmett Till: The original gamer.

Al Cowens
Aug 11, 2004

by WE B Bourgeois
http://www.gfycat.com/ConsiderateEnergeticCoelacanth

hohhat
Sep 25, 2014

Effectronica posted:

Go gently caress yourself.

Another vindication of the feminist critique of online misogyny.

Al Cowens posted:

Emmett Till: The original gamer.

This hot take fresh from your Google search results for "civil rights movement."

Miltank
Dec 27, 2009

by XyloJW

Agag posted:

its not nerd gtfo

Effectronica
May 31, 2011
Fallen Rib

Agag posted:

Another vindication of the feminist critique of online misogyny.

This hot take fresh from your Google search results for "civil rights movement."

white, probably straight dude pretends that racism has never had a sexual component

Al Cowens
Aug 11, 2004

by WE B Bourgeois

hohhat
Sep 25, 2014

Effectronica posted:

white, probably straight dude pretends that racism has never had a sexual component

Intriguing. Please explain how you think Al's Emmitt Till reference is connected to the issue of feminism. After you've had sufficient time to don your fedora.

Miltank posted:

its not nerd gtfo

It isn't?!

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

feminism is cool and good

Effectronica
May 31, 2011
Fallen Rib

Agag posted:

Intriguing. Please explain how you think Al's Emmitt Till reference is connected to the issue of feminism. After you've had sufficient time to don your fedora.

It isn't?!

I'd like to superglue a fedora to your head and watch you sob like a little baby.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
Feminism would be tolerable if it was removed from all types of politics entirely

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
i agree with this crap

Al Cowens
Aug 11, 2004

by WE B Bourgeois

Effectronica posted:

I'd like to superglue nekomimi to your head and watch you sob like a little baby.

Harime Nui
Apr 15, 2008

The New Insincerity
This is the hot thread for GBS tonight? Really? I...

*looks at watch*

ohhhh gently caress it's Saturday

cat doter
Jul 27, 2006

gonna need more cheese...australia has a lot of crackers

The Taint Reaper posted:

Feminism would be tolerable if it was removed from all types of politics entirely

everything is politics dude, even apolitics

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
in general women were happier before the second wave of feminism.

CommonTerry
Dec 16, 2013

good is soda grape
feminism is extremely ftm

Amarcarts
Feb 21, 2007

This looks a lot like suffering.
I can dig feminism when it's legit, but there's a certain brand of it that acts like all men are conspiring to keep women down. In actuality, part of being a man is accepting the fact that nobody really cares about you (except maybe your family) so you have to make your own way and figure poo poo out for yourself. Guy friendship is not like girl friendship at all.

circ dick soleil
Sep 27, 2012

by zen death robot

Pththya-lyi posted:

choosing not to have sex? feminist

choosing to have lots of sex? also feminist

Feminism is about women being able to choose what they want to do, and also being allowed to do it.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

cat doter posted:

This is what insufferable people say.

I go home and I have rough sex with my wife while she hits me with a paddle or a whip and calls me racial slurs. As far as I'm concerned feminism just exists now to give organizations money to pay people with little to no practical skill sets.

CommonTerry
Dec 16, 2013

good is soda grape

Amarcarts posted:

I can dig feminism when it's legit, but there's a certain brand of it that acts like all men are conspiring to keep women down.

It's called the patriarchy honky dick haver

hohhat
Sep 25, 2014

Effectronica posted:

I'd like to superglue a fedora to your head and watch you sob like a little baby.

Violent ideation is a precursor to violent action.

The Taint Reaper posted:

"This thing is fine, I just never want it to have any influence or change anything, ever."

Viridiant
Nov 7, 2009

Big PP Energy

Amarcarts posted:

I can dig feminism when it's legit, but there's a certain brand of it that acts like all men are conspiring to keep women down. In actuality, part of being a man is accepting the fact that nobody really cares about you (except maybe your family) so you have to make your own way and figure poo poo out for yourself. Guy friendship is not like girl friendship at all.

Sorry your life is so sad, hope you find someone who cares about you someday.

Al Cowens
Aug 11, 2004

by WE B Bourgeois

cat doter posted:

Everything is either matter or energy, but that doesn't mean uninterested strangers want to hear what you think about quantum mechanics, at all times, at the dinner table, on the toilet, in bed, in gbs, ....

Expounding at length about your pet subject to people who do not care is like the quintessential tism/sperg trait.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Agag posted:

"This thing is fine, I just never want it to have any influence or change anything, ever."

Politics isn't about change, it's about money and career choices and giving money to those career choices.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Effectronica
May 31, 2011
Fallen Rib

Agag posted:

Violent ideation is a precursor to violent action.

Have you considered that it might be you, instead?

• Locked thread