Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Torka
Jan 5, 2008

when I meet a woman who says that she's a feminist she usually turns out to be pretty cool to talk to and hang out with

thanks for reading my feminism story

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Torka
Jan 5, 2008

Al Cowens posted:

Dat New Zealand doe

idgi

Torka
Jan 5, 2008

Effectronica posted:

i'm going to read the second sex soon, i think :)

it's good.

Torka
Jan 5, 2008

Al Cowens posted:

I don't know much of anything about New Zealand so perhaps you can enlighten me but I'm pretty sure your neighborhood doesn't have the same kind of faux-radical activist climate that I'm surrounded by and well GBS might have an IQ of 60 in these times but I'm sure you know about anecdotes and the perils thereof

oh right, yeah I guess due to cultural differences it's a bit rarer for someone outside academia to self identify as a feminist here so maybe they're more likely to be thoughtful about it if they do? idk

it's deffo been my experience that feminist women make good friends (and sometimes partners but I don't want to emphasise that part because "feminism's cool because liberated women are easy" is the worst meme and misses the point)

Torka fucked around with this message at 04:41 on Oct 19, 2014

Torka
Jan 5, 2008

Miltank posted:

its not a meme its a stereotype and its true.

e: but that is a good thing and just another reason why feminism is ftw

yeah I guess I misused meme there

and yeah of course a woman who doesn't think having sex makes her a bad person will be more likely to have sex when she wants to, and that is a good thing, I'm just wary of promoting that as a reason for a guy to support feminism since it's self-serving

Torka fucked around with this message at 04:52 on Oct 19, 2014

Torka
Jan 5, 2008

TEAYCHES posted:

i watched some of the anita sarkeesian videos and i think shes right. a lot of the evidence and clips from videogames prove themselves and theres so much of it that its really overwhelming

yeah but criticism is the same as censorship, someone telling me my hobby is bad is a violation of my rights somehow

Torka
Jan 5, 2008

Agag posted:

And what if she dated a guy? Too evil to imagine.

I'm gonna invest in hoop earrings and make millions.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Torka
Jan 5, 2008

Miltank posted:

the one where sean connery abuses a women with chivalry is very lol.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oo0d1zTAFKA

• Locked thread