Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ThisGuy
Aug 16, 2014

This Fuckin' Guy

The Taint Reaper posted:

I never said stop voting.

But when you have people like Anita Sarlaccpitian latch onto videogames of all things in a desperate cash grab disguised as some civil rights schitck it's pretty pathetic.

Honestly, I agree with most of the obvious poo poo she has to say. I just find her to be the type of person I'd get into fights with. She strikes me as an abrasive person.

I listened to her balk at the notion that Huckleberry Finn, a racist book, should still be in print and that CORPORATIONS be making money off of it. You know, those geopolitical behemoths at penguin books.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThisGuy
Aug 16, 2014

This Fuckin' Guy

detectivemonkey posted:

Sabel if you're still out there what is your #1 reference (book, writer whose work I can follow, etc) for learning more about intersectionality in feminism?

Dororthy E Roberts
Angela Davis
Barbara Christian

Smart ladies talking about thangs

ThisGuy
Aug 16, 2014

This Fuckin' Guy

afeelgoodpoop posted:

lol if you care about a persons character before their politics.

The youtubification of discourse means that personality is intrinsically tied to the mode of your message. You can critique a message that is inherently decisive to the manchildren you preach it to

ThisGuy
Aug 16, 2014

This Fuckin' Guy

CommonTerry posted:

very academic use of buzzwords

Yeah it's the APSA writing style. I get docked 10 points if I don't create a meaningless buzzword and suck "NEW MEDIA"s dick

• Locked thread