Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
hohhat
Sep 25, 2014
Beta-male gamer virgin: "Male-dominated society has deemed me a loser and a failure. Should I adopt alternative value system such as feminism? No, I think I will double down on the frat-bro culture that spurns me and dehumanize women anonymously online."

*dies a virgin*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hohhat
Sep 25, 2014

Narciss posted:

The cognate distance in Feminism can be seen in how little lip service they give to womens' rights abuses in places like the Middle East; instead they focus on trifling issues in 1st world nations like the U.S.

Women face widespread discrimination and abuse in Western societies. Please don't conscript feminist critiques for some racist agenda against Middle Easterners.

hohhat
Sep 25, 2014

Torka posted:

when I meet a woman who says that she's a feminist she usually turns out to be pretty cool to talk to and hang out with

thanks for reading my feminism story

I've never met a single person who is opposed to, or "doesn't believe in," feminism who wasn't a total piece of poo poo.

Please bear in mind this is anecdotal, I don't want to generalize.

hohhat
Sep 25, 2014

Al Cowens posted:

When you approach me in public, you are Schrödinger’s Rapist.

You may or may not be a man who would commit rape.

As I pointed out in another thread, all human beings are dangerous.

hohhat
Sep 25, 2014

Effectronica posted:

learn some intersectionality (the real thing) and get back to us.

No you.

Al Cowens posted:

Suck my twink mocha-colored cock with a side of sambal oelek

Please don't threaten people with sexual assault because they disagree with you. <--- controversial feminist idea

hohhat
Sep 25, 2014

Effectronica posted:

That's not a threat. Telling people to suck your dick is not a threat.

So you don't believe ordering strangers to perform sex acts is threatening. Interesting.

Al Cowens posted:

You're actively working against minority interests and a significant force in their oppression lmao.

Minority = gamers.

hohhat
Sep 25, 2014

Effectronica posted:

It isn't. It's only threatening when you're doing other threatening things to give it the menace that doesn't exist online or in casual conversation. Like, if I told you to go gently caress yourself if you asked me for the time, would you think I was ordering you to jack it?

I think this should be a safe space where everyone can discuss their feelings without that kind of triggering language.

hohhat
Sep 25, 2014

Effectronica posted:

Go gently caress yourself.

Another vindication of the feminist critique of online misogyny.

Al Cowens posted:

Emmett Till: The original gamer.

This hot take fresh from your Google search results for "civil rights movement."

hohhat
Sep 25, 2014

Effectronica posted:

white, probably straight dude pretends that racism has never had a sexual component

Intriguing. Please explain how you think Al's Emmitt Till reference is connected to the issue of feminism. After you've had sufficient time to don your fedora.

Miltank posted:

its not nerd gtfo

It isn't?!

hohhat
Sep 25, 2014

Effectronica posted:

I'd like to superglue a fedora to your head and watch you sob like a little baby.

Violent ideation is a precursor to violent action.

The Taint Reaper posted:

Feminism would be tolerable if it was removed from all types of politics entirely

"This thing is fine, I just never want it to have any influence or change anything, ever."

hohhat
Sep 25, 2014

The Taint Reaper posted:

Politics isn't about change, it's about money and career choices and giving money to those career choices.

So wise.

hohhat
Sep 25, 2014

The Taint Reaper posted:

The phrase never trust a politician rings the loudest and truest of anything, and the fact that people to this very day are duped by them because they appeal to your pet causes for campaign donations is pretty lol worthy.

I mean what abortion is like a decades old fight that's better to never be solved because of how much mad cash rolls in to fund the political sides.

Mmmhmm. I believe I will stop voting and participating in the political system. What has legislation ever really changed, really?

hohhat
Sep 25, 2014

The Taint Reaper posted:

I never said stop voting.

But when you have people like Anita Sarlaccpitian latch onto videogames of all things in a desperate cash grab disguised as some civil rights schitck it's pretty pathetic.

So in your view a private individual receiving voluntary donations to produce YouTube videos is an example of corruption in politics due to special interests?

hohhat
Sep 25, 2014

Dolphin posted:

video games are sexist.

Hope you have your bug-out bag ready.

hohhat
Sep 25, 2014

Torka posted:

yeah but criticism is the same as censorship, someone telling me my hobby is bad is a violation of my rights somehow

And what if she dated a guy? Too evil to imagine.

hohhat
Sep 25, 2014

Pththya-lyi posted:

But you're ignoring the fact that she fails to give people boners! She's failing in her primary purpose!

Step one: state that she is ugly.
Step two: continue make sexually charged remarks about her
Step three: hope nobody notices you sweating and glancing side-to-side*

*nobody will notice, you are alone

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hohhat
Sep 25, 2014

cat doter posted:

I mean way to shoot yourself in the foot, feminism ownin a bunch of fools without even saying anything

Feminism is the ultimate troll.

• Locked thread