Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Basil Hayden
Oct 9, 2012

1921!

Thoguh posted:

Iowa State got the ball back down 38-45 with 1:19 left in the game.

Iowa State scored and tied it up with 0:28 left in the game.

Iowa State lost 48-45.

Football is the worst. I hate it and I don't know why I watch. There is nothing redeeming about football. It should be banned. No one should ever be a fan of a football team. Just end it. Cancel everything. Hope is merely a dream. There is only failure. There is only disappointment. There is only death.
You'd think as an ISU fan you'd be steeled against this kind of thing by now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Alouicious posted:

i just looked up the box score for Florida/Mizzou

that wasn't a football game. that was an art exhibit.

Will Muschamp is an Andy Kaufmann character.

ur in my world now
Jun 5, 2006

Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was

Smellrose

Scarf posted:

It takes a special degree of talent (or lack thereof) to score 42 points and only 7 of those being scored on offense...

Only Mizzou can gently caress up so hard that they gently caress up loving up.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

Apparently they had to break out teargas at WVU tonight

That was taken tonight.

This is why while I hate WVU, they are the best and totally belong in the Big XII. God bless you hillbilly fire lighting man.

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

It's funny how people are just now like "oh its time for Muschamp to go" when that time was at the end of last season.

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

tranime scholar posted:

I haven't caught any interviews from it, but I really hope Muschamp says something like "Really proud of our Defense, only allowing 7 offensive points."

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
It would be really cool if we could be Muschamp as our DC.

ur in my world now
Jun 5, 2006

Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was

Smellrose

Scarf posted:

I haven't caught any interviews from it, but I really hope Muschamp says something like "Really proud of our Defense, only allowing 7 offensive points."

He looked completely shellshocked by the end of the game. If there was an interview, he probably just started sobbing or drooling on the mic.

Speaking of interviews, I wonder what our offensive staff has to say for themselves after this week. We can't count on our opponents to shoot themselves in the foot with a loving Davy Crockett like Florida every week.

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs
This time of the year is why I'm reminded that I hate football

We have 3 likely first-round picks on our defense and yet we will continue to be Not Good Enough for another year :smith:

ebg
Mar 31, 2008

West By God Virginia loving owns and that picture is just glorious.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

I wonder if we could just uhh demote Muschamp to DC and hire a new head coach.

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART
When you gain 611 yards, you should not lose a football game.

Unless your defensive coodinator is Ted Roof.

(having such a young d-line doesn't help, though)

Pakled fucked around with this message at 05:54 on Oct 19, 2014

swizz
Oct 10, 2004

I can recall being broke with some friends in Tennessee and deciding to have a party and being able to afford only two-fifths of a $1.75 bourbon called Two Natural, whose label showed dice coming up 5 and 2. Its taste was memorable. The psychological effect was also notable.

vyst posted:

I legit want him at UNC after we fire Koennig

Deteriorata
Feb 6, 2005

vyst posted:

How different the world would be if Mack Brown had retired in 2010.

Roasted Donut
Aug 24, 2007

NWA WHITE POWERRR!!!!

Pakled posted:

When you gain 611 yards, you should not lose a football game.

Unless your defensive coodinator is Ted Roof.

(having such a young d-line doesn't help, though)

ted roof is a piece of poo poo

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

So, when viewed as a comedy that UF game was hilarious. By the time it was 28-0, I just wanted them to hit 60.

gently caress it. Burn it to the ground. gently caress that lesbo-haired gorilla we have masquerading as a football coach.

gently caress that dumbo-eared doofus QB we keep trotting out there. gently caress it all.

Boo. Boo this team. They are the worst.

Each week feels like bottom. But fear not! There is always next week. A recursive shop of horrors.

That Works posted:

It's funny how people are just now like "oh its time for Muschamp to go" when that time was at the end of last season.

We've been calling for his head since last season, duder. Where you been?

His 'time to go' was the second we saw 00:00 against Georgia Southern.

LeeMajors fucked around with this message at 06:03 on Oct 19, 2014

ur in my world now
Jun 5, 2006

Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was

Smellrose
I don't know anything about that guy but I keep reading his name as Red Toof so gently caress him anyways.

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

LeeMajors posted:

lesbo-haired gorilla

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Al golden would be fun at uf

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Incoherence posted:

I don't know what the major Notre Dame message board is, but someone should go check on their servers right about now after that call.

http://www.ndnation.com/boards/showpost.php?b=hof;pid=458;d=this

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

quote:

Roof served as the head coach at Duke University from 2003 to 2007, compiling a 6–45 record.

Bad Even For Duke

wootmachine
Aug 28, 2006

HAIL SABAN

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.
Mizzou had one more first down than they had TD and they won the game. I'd like to see the last time those same variables were matched.

Mizzou essentially won in spite of themselves.

Dattserberg
Dec 30, 2005

National champion, Heisman winner, King crab enthusiast

Lasagna Pilot posted:

Pillsbury said FSU would miss Pruitt, I didn't think so but it looks like that is the case right now.

Dude he wasn't the only one. We're just not a very complete football team at the moment. Excuse me, I'm just pissed I'm in north Florida and not able to be in Tally tonight.

ur in my world now
Jun 5, 2006

Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was

Smellrose

Crotch Bat posted:

Mizzou had one more first down than they had TD and they won the game. I'd like to see the last time those same variables were matched.

tranime scholar posted:

JonathonSpectre
Jul 23, 2003

I replaced the Shermatar and text with this because I don't wanna see racial slurs every time you post what the fuck

Soiled Meat
Ahahahaha gently caress all Irish.

I got to watch a bunch of Irish fans go from wild ecstatic joy to total crushing misery in under 30 seconds tonight.

It was a good night.

LARGE THE HEAD
Sep 1, 2009

"Competitive greatness is when you play your best against the best."

"Learn as if you were to live forever; live as if you were to die tomorrow."

--John Wooden
Cyler Miles is pretty bad, it's no wonder UW has to hold every opponent to 17 points or fewer to win.

John Ross III, however, is Pretty Good

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

I'm just up to see if Lou Holtz says gently caress on cfb final

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Quandary posted:

How can anyone look at that WVU picture and not just appreciate everything about CFB?
My only complaint is that it's not in the middle of the street.

drunk leprechaun
May 7, 2007
sobriety is for the weak and the stupid
Did Luck attempt an exchange program to get the West Fuckin Virginia shirts out of the stands or something? Or they were banned from the stadium after some guy was shown very prominently on an ESPN broadcast wearing one a few years back?

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

CannonFodder posted:

My only complaint is that it's not in the middle of the street.

Morgantown is a dumpy shithole so you can't necessarily assume it isn't.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

JonathonSpectre posted:

Ahahahaha gently caress all Irish.

All Irish?

Probably a bad idea. Óglaigh na hÉireann probably wouldn't take that too kindly.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

sportsgenius86 posted:

That's far too broad an area to be a Morgantown street.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

sportsgenius86 posted:

touche'

Crotch Bat
Dec 6, 2003

Much like with everything else in life, the Euros seem to have more sense on how to do things in a fun atmosphere without sucking the soul out of the event.
I like how Duke is going to repeat as Coastal champs and actually has a better chance of winning the ACC than last year despite being demonstrably worse just because FSU at this point is just barely scraping by.

They'll still win the ACC and all but MSU could probably beat them by 4 TDs right now.

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

Crotch Bat posted:

... because FSU at this point is just barely scraping by.

RumbleFish
Dec 20, 2007

Crotch Bat posted:

The Florida-South Carolina game in 2012 was pretty hosed up. They blew us out (44-11), but at one point they had more points than yards, thanks to us gifting them approximately a thousand fumbles in our own territory. We had more first downs, total yards, and passing yards -- they did out-rush us, at least. I wish it had been us instead of Mizzou visiting this same pain upon them, but I was enjoying the schadenfreude regardless.

RumbleFish fucked around with this message at 07:06 on Oct 19, 2014

SpiritualDeath
Jul 2, 2009

shaping your brain like pottery
gently caress BYU y'all

Our homecoming was spoiled so we'll ruin yours

I especially liked the 0 turnovers and 3 fumble recoveries

Christe Eleison
Feb 1, 2010

Our team is really coming along nicely. Not even mad about the way today's game ended. None of our players died, and we scared UCLA pretty good; just got too cute at the end.

The Pac-12 is so weird this year though. Four of our games have come down to the last minute. We could be 6-1 or 2-5. Instead we've just split it 50-50.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

SpiritualDeath posted:

gently caress BYU y'all

Our homecoming was spoiled so we'll ruin yours

I especially liked the 0 turnovers and 3 fumble recoveries

Any day all the independents lose can't be too bad.

• Locked thread