Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

Nick Chubb's good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nachos
Jun 27, 2004

Wario Chalmers! WAAAAAAAAAAAAA!
I've known Muschamp was poo poo since the smoke and mirrors 11-2 season. I can't believe people actually thought that was a well coached team. His dumb brand of football requires tons of luck and basically no margin for error and he will never have sustained success as a HC at any level.

D.N. Nation
Feb 1, 2012

My thing with Muschamp is that he preferred that low-margin style despite having a team completely populated by knuckleheads. The last two seasons, UGA finished the game against Florida with the ball in time-killing drives because Florida kept committing dumbass personal fouls.

Allahu Snackbar
Apr 16, 2003

I came all the way from Taipei today, now Bangkok's pissin' rain and I'm goin' blind again.
Between the A&M game and the Florida game, I still can't stop laughing

Idiot Kicker
Jun 13, 2007
Man the FSU-ND game was really entertaining. Plus they tried (almost successfully) to get me to like Notre Dame because David Robinson's kid is on the team and they did this poo poo:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T0DgMloFt6Q&t=2s

But yeah, still not enough. gently caress ND.

That video was supposed to go to 2:18 but it didn't once I posted it.

Idiot Kicker fucked around with this message at 15:15 on Oct 19, 2014

Invicta{HOG}, M.D.
Jan 16, 2002
In the middle of another frustrating Arkansas season, just going to say that as long as we have Brandon Allen as QB we will continue to suck. Someone better step up this year or the next or else we need to change our OC/QB coaching because there is talent coming in.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

D.N. Nation posted:

My thing with Muschamp is that he preferred that low-margin style despite having a team completely populated by knuckleheads. The last two seasons, UGA finished the game against Florida with the ball in time-killing drives because Florida kept committing dumbass personal fouls.

The personal fouls, blown coverages, turnovers.

I've never seen a team that seems to specialize in tripping over its own dick. They were poorly coached when they won 11 games. It took a blocked punt to beat W Carolina, or whatever 'sacrificial mid-November lamb' we had lined up.

Method Mango
Sep 26, 2005

Muschamp's first order of business as a head coach was to hire Charlie Weis. Not exactly the sign of a good decision maker. I hated the 11-2 season because it bought him extra time he didn't deserve.

Fussy Dutchman
Jul 29, 2008
Now I'm stuck arguing with idiot ND fans who think that last TD play wasn't a pick.

They're ignoring video replays to hang their hat on a still frame where Ramsey is holding Procise's jersey. I mean, the dude looked like he was run blocking. Just run a route like a normal receiver, get in the way a little, and that's a TD.

:negative:

Also, I didn't realize how loving amazing that falling throw from Winston to Greene was. It's a shame he's such a questionable guy off the field, I think I'd kind of like Jameis otherwise. :\

Farking Bastage
Sep 22, 2007

Who dey think gonna beat dem Bengos!
Florida is going to get railed on like a drunken broward county cougar at a chippendales show in Jacksonville. It will feature brutal acts of penetration, tears, and images not suitable for television, but somehow strangely satisfying.

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT
P. cool waking up not winless and without crippling depression. It's good stuff

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007

Fussy Dutchman posted:

Now I'm stuck arguing with idiot ND fans who think that last TD play wasn't a pick.

They're ignoring video replays to hang their hat on a still frame where Ramsey is holding Procise's jersey. I mean, the dude looked like he was run blocking. Just run a route like a normal receiver, get in the way a little, and that's a TD.

Also, I didn't realize how loving amazing that falling throw from Winston to Greene was. It's a shame he's such a questionable guy off the field, I think I'd kind of like Jameis otherwise. :\

It probably OPI, but Robinson's first TD was the exact same play with no flag. Be consistent refs.

:colbert:

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

PostNouveau posted:

Well, I can cross Death Valley at night off my list. It's a good environment, and the tailgating was fun.

LSU fans are ... really something. In my experience, most home fans go out of their way to welcome the visitors, but I mostly saw angry, drunken, misshapen people barking "Tiger Bait" at any Kentucky fan in their view. Also, the band doesn't play "Neck" anymore , so they've inserted "Suck that Tiger dick, bitch" into another song. Also, the frat next to us ransacked our tailgate spot during the game and stole most everything.

I really don't like a lot of the fanbase that came onboard once Saban got the team to be consistently good.

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe
I'd like to thank Georgia for inflicting that on Coach Bert.

C2C - 2.0
May 14, 2006

Dubs In The Key Of Life

Lipstick Apathy

quote:

@LSUsports: RT @CollegeGameDay: GameDay is heading to Baton Rouge for #MISSvsLSU! #GetUp4GameDay

Geaux to hell, Ole Miss, geaux to hell!

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

C2C - 2.0 posted:

Geaux to hell, Ole Miss, geaux to hell!

I was about to complain about LSU getting GameDay after being so mediocre, but then I took a look at next week's schedule and... yeah okay, seems alright.

Scarf
Jun 24, 2005

On sight

Mahoning posted:

It probably OPI, but Robinson's first TD was the exact same play with no flag. Be consistent refs.

:colbert:

They so rarely see such blatant pick plays, it caught them off guard.

I laughed when Kelly said, "We teach that play, it's a legal play. We run it all the time." You been runnin illegal plays dog.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
The highlight of Sportscenter lsdt night was Kelly saying "We don't coach illegal plays," followed by clips of those two TDs with blatantly illegal picks. Maybe he doesn't know? Someone should tell him.

Ty1990
Apr 22, 2011

Fussy Dutchman posted:

It was OPI. The same thing happens on a lot of plays and it doesn't get called and that's where I think some ND fans complain. The bottom line is that you can't pick somebody, it's a rule, and it's a rule they knew about and broke and they didn't get away with it like they thought they would. It was a ballsy call from the ref but a very good one because you know the screen shots of Procise blocking the FSU DB would have been all over the place this morning had they not called it. To defend the fan base a little bit, most of the writers/smart fans of the team realize that it was a penalty and have not complained.

And yea, as I mentioned earlier, Jameis was absolutely ridiculous in the 2nd half last night. Van Groder is getting a lot of poo poo this morning but he kept dialing up blitzes that put Winston on his rear end the whole game, but in the 2nd half the kid was just dropping dimes on us. There probably isn't another QB in the country that could have did what he did last night.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

PostNouveau posted:

The highlight of Sportscenter lsdt night was Kelly saying "We don't coach illegal plays," followed by clips of those two TDs with blatantly illegal picks. Maybe he doesn't know? Someone should tell him.

I would respect him if he was honest. "Yeah they were illegal, I honestly thought I wouldn't get caught".

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

I'm awake with a horrible pounding headache and I need to puke again.

I hate close games with a passion

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
San Diego State beat Hawaii 20-10, and is sitting at first place in the West division of the MWC.

Donnell Pumphrey is the best RB in the country that no one knows.

Football :)

Fussy Dutchman
Jul 29, 2008

CharlestheHammer posted:

I would respect him if he was honest. "Yeah they were illegal, I honestly thought I wouldn't get caught".

You really expect any coach to say that? I'm pretty sure he knows the play is designed to skirt the rule--just like every other coach who runs the same play. It's not like this was some special trick play he cooked up. It's supposed to be the 2 outside receivers in the bunch run quick slants over the middle and cause some "traffic" while the other sneaks out into the flat.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Ty1990 posted:

It was OPI. The same thing happens on a lot of plays and it doesn't get called and that's where I think some ND fans complain. The bottom line is that you can't pick somebody, it's a rule, and it's a rule they knew about and broke and they didn't get away with it like they thought they would. It was a ballsy call from the ref but a very good one because you know the screen shots of Procise blocking the FSU DB would have been all over the place this morning had they not called it. To defend the fan base a little bit, most of the writers/smart fans of the team realize that it was a penalty and have not complained.

And yea, as I mentioned earlier, Jameis was absolutely ridiculous in the 2nd half last night. Van Groder is getting a lot of poo poo this morning but he kept dialing up blitzes that put Winston on his rear end the whole game, but in the 2nd half the kid was just dropping dimes on us. There probably isn't another QB in the country that could have did what he did last night.

Yeah the second half Winston was incredible. The offensive line was still absolute poo poo, but he was getting the ball out fast and moving when he needed to. The first drive of the second half told the story when he put up his first half stats in 3 minutes.

FSU's defense last night was abysmal. Broken coverage on every other drat play. Multiple players whiffing on backfield hits and then giving up huge runs. It seemed like defenders were just standing still and/or giving up on plays.

Fussy Dutchman posted:

You really expect any coach to say that? I'm pretty sure he knows the play is designed to skirt the rule--just like every other coach who runs the same play. It's not like this was some special trick play he cooked up. It's supposed to be the 2 outside receivers in the bunch run quick slants over the middle and cause some "traffic" while the other sneaks out into the flat.

And if they had bumped and run, it would have been 100% ok. I still can't believe they just plowed through and were run blocking on a pass play. I thought it was bullshit during the first touchdown pass but it wasn't as egregious as the one at the end.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

Fussy Dutchman posted:

I said respect not expect.

C2C - 2.0
May 14, 2006

Dubs In The Key Of Life

Lipstick Apathy

pillsburysoldier posted:

I'm awake with a horrible pounding headache and I need to puke again.

I hate close games with a passion

You're loving weird, dude.

Arkane
Dec 19, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Fussy Dutchman posted:

Not only does #8 INITIATE contact at the line of scrimmage, but he almost brings Prosise to ground he is holding his jersey so tightly. Watch the play. #20's jersey is tugged so hard he almost goes to the ground in the end zone.

Then with Fuller and #3, this stupid rear end FSU defensive back didn't cover his assignment and is trying to get to Robinson who is wide open for a touchdown. Fuller and him run into each other. lol @ bailing out a busted coverage with a stupid rear end flag in the waning seconds of one of the most important games of the year. It had ZERO IMPACT on the play. That's why you hear one of the refs in the huddle say like "you sure you want to call that?"

That call is going to drive me bonkers for years, especially if it costs ND a playoff spot. I was jumping around in that stadium like a wild hyena after that TD.

Qwijib0
Apr 10, 2007

Who needs on-field skills when you can dance like this?

Fun Shoe

Pakled posted:

I was about to complain about LSU getting GameDay after being so mediocre, but then I took a look at next week's schedule and... yeah okay, seems alright.

With a slate like that, perfect excuse to finally go to Pullman :colbert:

pillsburysoldier
Feb 11, 2008

Yo, peep that shit

C2C - 2.0 posted:

You're loving weird, dude.

I really am. The crazy ride of emotions and notre dame executing and bad BBQ and feeling my heart through my neck still blows though.

Love that we won. Holy poo poo.

pillsburysoldier fucked around with this message at 16:22 on Oct 19, 2014

C2C - 2.0
May 14, 2006

Dubs In The Key Of Life

Lipstick Apathy

pillsburysoldier posted:

I really am. The crazy ride of emotions and notre dame executing and bad BBQ and feeling my heart through my neck still blows though.

Love that we won. Holy poo poo.

I used to go through tons of ups & downs with LSU especially when I was younger. I usually kept company with people who were just as emotionally-invested and crazy about every little detail in the game.

At some point, I realized I was adding un-needed stress to my life during the season fretting over things I couldn't control & ultimately not enjoying games like I used to (when LSU was a punching bag, no less).

I still follow the team, watch games on TV or listen on the radio, and occasionally get tickets & head to the stadium. However, I actively remind myself to just enjoy it. Sure, I still get cross-eyed if there's a particularly horrendous display of football, but it's brief and I don't think about it too long.

Football season had become so much more chilled out for me. Don't get so invested that you get physically ill; that poo poo's not good for you.

anne frank fanfic
Oct 31, 2005

Detroit_Dogg posted:

GOT THE DUB BITCH

gently caress kent state, go army

Thermos H Christ
Sep 6, 2007

WINNINGEST BEVO

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

Apparently they had to break out teargas at WVU tonight

That was taken tonight.

God that rules. I love WVU, perhaps because I have never met a person who went there.

anne frank fanfic
Oct 31, 2005

Thermos H Christ posted:

God that rules. I love WVU, perhaps because I have never met a person who went there.

you will soon cause those hillbillies travel like gently caress since theres nothing to do in wvu except go to games. time for UT to beat WVU at home

Detroit_Dogg
Feb 2, 2008
Aaron Rodgers is gay and lame and oh please cum in me Aaron PLEASE I NEED IT OH STAFFORD YOUR COCK IS NOT WORTHY ONLY THE GAYEST RODGERS PRICK CAN SATISFY MY DESPERATE THROAT

anne frank fanfic posted:

gently caress kent state, go army

gently caress you, bahamas bowl or bust bitch

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Thermos H Christ posted:

The husband of my girlfriend's "BFF" went to WVU and he's straight up gun totin, bible thumpin, backwoods as you would expect.

every
Apr 24, 2008

holy moley

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

I don't honestly know if this love of Kiffin is ironic or not.

Halah
Sep 1, 2003

Maybe just another light that shines

Winkie01 posted:

West Virginia is white trash. Only a few states are worse thinking miss and bama

I remember back in the day HBO had a special on a family that lived in WV they where literally arguing with there kids cos they wanted to go to collage

Teaching the 3 R's in WV schools: Readin' Ritin' and Route 33 to Columbus. I hate the south side of my town.

wootmachine
Aug 28, 2006

HAIL SABAN
It's a weird quantum flux between ironic love and actual love. I am too far gone. Nothing can save me now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BI NOW GAY LATER
Jan 17, 2008

So people stop asking, the "Bi" in my username is a reference to my love for the two greatest collegiate sports programs in the world, the Virginia Tech Hokies and the Marshall Thundering Herd.

Lasagna Pilot posted:

Gator Coach List

Dan Mullen

Dana Holgorsen

Rich Rodriguez

Mike Gundy

Kyle Whittingham

LMAO. I am not going to even be mad if they hire Dana.

Winkie01 posted:

West Virginia is white trash. Only a few states are worse thinking miss and bama

I remember back in the day HBO had a special on a family that lived in WV they where literally arguing with there kids cos they wanted to go to collage

Woah woah woah you gently caress face.

• Locked thread