Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Love Stole the Day
Nov 4, 2012
Please give me free quality professional advice so I can be a baby about it and insult you
When the game first came out, another guy made a thread like this and I really liked it. Now that it's on a Steam Sale, I figure that I might as well do it as well because I had so much fun in that thread.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/223830/ (currently 35% off) (sorry Dexters Secret, but not anymore)

I'll update the thread somewhere between "after every mission" to "daily" with screenshots and other information about how your soldier is doing, how they died, et cetera.

I plan to play this out until I either fail the game (I'm a beginner beginner to the XCOM-like games) or succeed or whatever.

The time frame for this thread that I'm expecting is about one week starting now.

I'll add people based on the order they appear in this thread. Let's see if this goes anywhere :coffeepal:

-----

Direct Links to AAR posts:

:rory: 1st Operation AAR, where Simsense Cumshots suicide bombs himself for absolutely no reason.

:rory: 2nd Operation AAR, where gently caress Trophy 2k14 gives us a hint of his future greatness.

:rory: 3rd Operation AAR, where Contest Winner pries Okiemurse's sniper rifle from his cold, dead fingers.

:rory: 4th Operation AAR, where the Contest Winner saga comes to an abrupt, stupid end and gently caress Trophy 2k14 puts the loving team on his Herculean back.

:rory: 5th Operation AAR, where everything went great until we discovered that prefiring doesn't work on aliens when they open doors!

:rory: 6th Operation AAR, where the North American imps throw down their guns and run around in circles.

Love Stole the Day fucked around with this message at 23:04 on Oct 31, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!
I wonder how long I'll live this time.

I AM BRAWW
Jul 18, 2014

Zoq-Fot-Pik posted:

I wonder how long I'll live this time.

Zoq-Fot-Pik will be my BIA. (Brothers in Arms) No Homo.

OkieMurse
Nov 2, 2011

I get paid to stab people with sharp objects.
You have my laser rifle

Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

my name is big shirtless rod

Falsum
May 10, 2013

Crazy for the Bros
I want a Purple Heart

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
Ok I'm in

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
If I die I am going to be cross with you OP

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Hi

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Make me a fat soldier.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Name is either Wormskull or Edwin M. LeBrown, whichever you prefer.

K. Flaps
Dec 7, 2012

by Athanatos
drat, those alien bastards are gonna pay for shooting up my ride

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

K. Flaps posted:

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

K. Flaps posted:

Cuntpunch
Oct 3, 2003

A monkey in a long line of kings
Posting to die a miserable death to a Chrysalis or whatever its called in this game.

OkieMurse
Nov 2, 2011

K. Flaps posted:

A Spider Covets
May 4, 2009

K. Flaps posted:

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003
heyyyy I didnt last too long last game and died a gay old death! round 2!

Love Stole the Day
Nov 4, 2012
Please give me free quality professional advice so I can be a baby about it and insult you
Alright, so I've assigned the names from top to bottom in the post order. The only person who I didn't have enough room for is Cuntpunch, unfortunately. If he's okay with getting a Jet named after him instead of a soldier like everyone else, I'll do that instead. Otherwise, I'll just keep the usual names.

For the sake of clarity, here's the difficulty I ended up choosing (reminder: my only experience with this game is 6 hours of XCOM: Enemy Unknown a few months ago).

Then they made me choose where to set up my base. North America had the most money in funding to offer at the start, so I guess it's there. I named the base "The Imp Zon" (because I fatfingered it when pressing Enter and I don't know how to edit the base's name so gently caress it):

... and here is the current roster as of right now:

... and here are the people so that you all can see how you look in the game (I just went with the default randomized stuff they gave me and slapped your names on):

Zoq-fit-pok

I AM BRAWW

Okiemurse

gently caress trophy 2k14

Falsum

The Taint Reaper

Contest winner

Simsense cumshots

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

*gets really jealous of the people with 69 stats*

K. Flaps
Dec 7, 2012

by Athanatos
Please include me when the first of your old soldiers dies. (I hope it's BRAWW :twisted: )

OkieMurse
Nov 2, 2011

Awwww yeah mlg pro snipa. I'm probably the only one that stands any chance of living through the first mission in this game. Look at those dead eyes. That dude has seen some poo poo...

Seriously, even then I'll be dead soon. Its brutal especially if you don't save scum.

Looking forward to the AAR, OP.

Edit: aw gently caress I'm GREEK? I'll probably spend the whole time on vacation collecting xcom paychecks until you go bankrupt.

klapman
Aug 27, 2012

this char is good
you will find that I am an excellent soldier

sword_man.gif
Apr 12, 2007

Fun Shoe
my ki is powerful, and my aim is true

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Give me some grenades and poo poo pls on top of my m16 and some c4 Tia.

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

a beautiful, soft meat sack
Clapping Larry
I want in on this.

OkieMurse
Nov 2, 2011

drilldo squirt posted:

I want in on this.

Captain Drilldo Squirt has a good ring to it.

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

a beautiful, soft meat sack
Clapping Larry
I'm having a good feeling about this whole thing.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

obstipator
Nov 8, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
i hope all your soldiers die, OP. that way I can steal their spots in the lineup.

Falsum
May 10, 2013

Crazy for the Bros
Brothers, we will die a glorious death

Zoq-Fot-Pik
Jun 27, 2008

Frungy!

K. Flaps posted:

I AM BRAWW
Jul 18, 2014
:wtc: How'd OP know I was Canadian.. f*cked up, but please carry on. Make sure I get a cool shotgun tho.

memy
Oct 15, 2011

by exmarx
I make post

El Burbo
Oct 10, 2012

Nobly sacrifice one of your soldiers, so that I may take their place.

memy
Oct 15, 2011

by exmarx

K. Flaps posted:

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?
I will die 4 u

Thug Lessons
Dec 14, 2006

I lust in my heart for as many dead refugees as possible.
Name one after me.

I AM BRAWW
Jul 18, 2014

K. Flaps posted:

Please include me when the first of your old soldiers dies. (I hope it's BRAWW :twisted: )

Twisted -_-

Eye of Widesauron
Mar 29, 2014

I volunteer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Kid, don't threaten me. There are worse things than death, and uh, I can do all of them.

K. Flaps posted:

• Locked thread