Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug
nice

Hogge Wild fucked around with this message at 17:36 on Oct 21, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Azraelle
Jan 13, 2008

Azraelle fucked around with this message at 17:38 on Oct 21, 2014

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

no they will not posted:

I'm going to pick a winner and post all the threads (and unwritten prompts by quitters) in about six hours... there's still time for people who haven't posted

have to wait 3-4 more hours from now to do mine

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TdaM5Mv-TTo

CommonTerry
Dec 16, 2013

good is soda grape

gnarlyhotep posted:

I went and looked at some trad games threads and holy crap there's no way I can reproduce that level of sperg

wanna play pathfinder sometime

Suicide Sam E.
Jun 30, 2013

by XyloJW

no they will not posted:

I'm going to pick a winner and post all the threads (and unwritten prompts by quitters) in about six hours... there's still time for people who haven't posted

Didn't get a thread. Not cool enough for school.
:derp:

GrrrlSweatshirt
Jun 2, 2012
please refer to me as IMMORTAL rear end RULER OF THE COSMOS from now on

Suicide Sam E.
Jun 30, 2013

by XyloJW

GrrrlSweatshirt posted:

please refer to me as IMMORTAL rear end RULER OF THE COSMOS from now on

IM rear end RULER COSMIC
gotcha.

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

its hard to post about something you have never thought about in your life

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012
Time is up! I've decided in going to wait until tomorrow morning before announcing the winner, so watch this space... It's all extremely constructive

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

no they will not posted:

Time is up! I've decided in going to wait until tomorrow morning before announcing the winner, so watch this space... It's all extremely constructive

i would like you to post the threads and prompts now because I am bored.

1gnoirents
Jun 28, 2014

hello :)
enter

edit: I said enter

g0lbez
Dec 25, 2004

and then you'll beg
i was really counting on that forums upgrade tonight. i don't know what i'm going to do now

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Light Torch

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012
Wow, there were a lot more people who posted than I thought: 16 entries to 22 no shows. Impressive. Here are the non-posters, and the prompts they judged to be beneath them:

amityville anus: Please make a thread dedicated to your band's discography in the Musician's Lounge, subforum of No Music Allowed. Mention your influences, your band's lineup (past and present) and some information about the themes and struggles involved with each album. The download link for each album should lead to a different .txt file comprised of a mixture of garbled characters and swear words.

darkwing cuck: Please make an Amusement Park/Theme Park Discussion thread in the Tourism & Travel subforum. Mention the already-existing Walt Disney World megathread, some aspects of other genuine amusement parks, and at least two fictional amusement parks.

dog kisser: Please create a thread in traditional games where you go through a custom ruleset for "playing" Yahoo Answers with friends, assigning points and an eventual victor. If questioned on your choice of forum for posting the thread, say that, while yahoo answers is a component of the game, all the real gameplay is player-to-player.

dongsbot 9000: Please make a Serious Hardware/Software Stuff thread about your experience "hacking" tamagotchis to perform other functions (such as as an alarm clock, reminding you about appointments etc) while also being quite kitsch

EagerSleeper: Please post a thread in Serious Hardware/Software Crap about your new technique for getting a computer to run twice as fast, by using two SSDs instead of one.

Ectral: Please post a thread in The Cavern of COBOL talking about a new "racially unbiased" programming language you and a few friends have been working on, and are looking for feedback on.

Eleanor Pwnsevelt: Please make a TELL thread in Ask/Tell talking about your experiences as a proprietor of a men's hat shop, and how the resurgence in sales of fedoras etc has impacted your business.

Funkstar Deluxe: Please make a thread in the animal forum about the logistics of keeping a lizard and a bird in the same cage/terrarrium.

gnarlyhotep: Please post a Traditional Games "Game Room" thread, for signups for a game of "Ichor of the dark card: Pick of five and two", complete with elaborate sign-up requirements. When the game starts, it plays as a game of 52 card pickup
(Eagle eyed readers will note that gnarlyhotep did in fact write for this prompt, but didn't post the thread: check it out here instead)

Hogge Wild: Please create a thread in ADTRW about how anime-style fanart of popular western tv shows and movies helps to elevate both the eastern and the western art involved.

Leroy Diplowski: Please make a thread in creative convention showcasing your paintings and sculptures, looking for constructive feedback. The post must contain no pictures.

Los Lobos: Please post a thread in Pet Island about the "Pet Rock" phenomenon of the 70s, and what it had to teach us about real pet ownership and care.

madeupfred: Please post a thread in Business, Finance, and Careers for discussing the techniques you use to invest the thousands of dollars you earn from drawing small chalk drawings on public sidewalks and saying god bless you to passers by.

Nathilus: Please post a thread in GiP (Goons in Platoons) about your experiences flying one of the military's many so-called "unmanned" drones.

OMFG FURRY: Please make a thread in the subforum "The Dorkroom" dedicated to "mirror photography" - the art of taking a photograph via a mirror, both for the aesthetic qualities associated with a mirror and the practicalities (using a periscope to take photos around corners, etc)

proof of concept: Please make a thread in the DIY&Hobbies subforum, for a project you are in the process of undertaking - a waterproof bird house made entirely of aluminium foil, with little to no adhesive used. Be sure to mention hurdles you've run into, techniques you plan to use, and where this bird house will go once completed.

Quickscope420dad: Please make a thread in subforum: The Crackhead Clubhouse about using drugs as a means to improve the memory, either from the perspective as someone with advice to give, or someone who is looking for help. Mention both the emotional factors, that taking a drug might remind you of a previous time you've taken the drug, and the physical factors, that the drug actually improves your memory.

Rocks: Please make a thread in the car forum detailing your efforts to custom-build the world's tallest car.

roymorrison: Please make a thread in Batmans Shameful Secret about news articles about comics, either from an intellectual or a derisive perspective.

Shithouse Dave: Please post a thread in Automotive Insanity about how car alarm technology is woefully underdeveloped, and give some ways you think it could be improved.

Spanish Manlove: Please write a short piece of romantic WWII fiction detailing the forbidden love between two soldiers, and post it in Creative Convention for feedback. Please do NOT write the story from a comedic perspective.

wilfredmerriweathr: Please make a thread in Traditional Games outlining the rules for a fun real life version of angry birds that you and a few friends have been playing in a park or other open space.

-----

Here are the real winners, those that dared to be constructive, and their respective threads:

Alejandro Sanchez: Please create a thread in Sports Argument Stadium from the perspective of a gym teacher, for discussion of places to bulk buy cheap plastic soccer balls, small orange plastic cones, and other such paraphernalia for P.E. class. If questioned on your choice of forum, note that teaching sport is one half of playing sport.

Applewhite: Prompt: please make a thread in the Inspect Your Gadgets subforum about an upcoming new, curvier phone.

Azraelle: Please make a thread in The Firing Range about your experiences as someone who converts toy guns into real guns for a price. Don't be afraid to be specific.

bonestructure: Please make a thread in The TV IV about Season 6, Episode 11 of popular NBC sitcom Friends. In this episode, Rachel buys a table from pottery barn, but pretends she bought it at a flea market after finding out that Phoebe hates pottery barn. Meanwhile, Joey and his roommate, Janine, go on a double date with Chandler and Monica, which goes well... or does it? Please be as in depth as possible about the plot of the episode, behind the scenes info, trivia, etc.

CommonTerry: Please create a thread in Goons With Spoons about non-alcoholic cocktails. Mention some of your favourites, and at least one creation of your own.

Equine Don: Please post a thread in the Musician's Lounge asking about ways to better incorporate your PlayStation 3 Rock Band controllers into your band's live show. Add details as necessary.

FartGhost: Please make a thread in the Games forum about forgotten Japan only super famicom rpg Seiken no Deimashi: ENTERTAIN.

g0lbez: Please make a thread in Sports Argument Stadium about a real life league who have started playing a sport based on Final Fantasy X's blitzball

Izumi Konata: Please create a thread in You Look Like poo poo about ways to use different items of exercise equipment in unconventional ways to bulk up faster.

Machai: Please make a thread in The Book Barn dedicated to the underrated artists who draw the illustrations in elementary school textbooks. Please include pictures and a brief historical overview (veracity notwithstanding).

Puppy Galaxy: Please make a thread in The Punchsport Pagoda subforum, about your love for a little known local independent wrestling promotion, that is notable for having never shown a wrestling match, preferring instead to rely on suspense and character drama.

Rando: Please create a PYF keychain thread (in PYF), alluding to (but not explicitly mentioning) a now defunct off-site forum and a larger goon keychain subculture

SniperWoreConverse: Please make a thread in the Cinema Discusso subforum about an upcoming Terry Gilliam written/directed movie called "The Gizzard" (2016). Mention plot details, rumours, and quotes from interviews (from both Gilliam and actors approached for the film).

Splatmaster: Please make a thread in Batman's Shameful Secret about a surprisingly good underrated webcomic that you found via the GBS webcomics thread. All images used in the OP must broken links. Please include a brief character overview. If anyone asks for a link, tell them that the site seems to have vanished.

Weird Sandwich: Please make a thread in the food forum about your own recipe for the perfect grilled cheese sandwich.

Zero Star: Please post a thread in The Book Barn asking for help with purchasing a pre-ruled lined notebook. List a few of the options you are considering, comparing paper quality, line spacing, size etc.

My "shortlist" for victory was Azraelle, bonestructure, SniperWoreConverse, Machai, g0lbez, and Weird Sandwich, but overall there can only be one winner, and that winner is         bonestructure  ! PM me for what kind of forums upgrade/avatar you want, and in my heart you're all winners, except Splatmaster.

I think what we can all take away from this contest is th

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]
You gave me a crappy prompt for a forum nobody reads, I'm literally shaking

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]
*screaming at large statue of g0m on the beach in planet of the apes*. God drat you all to hell!!!

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug
Azraelle's was really funny, haven't yet read others.

Azraelle
Jan 13, 2008

The prompts are all amazing.

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug
SniperWoreConverse's was p good too. The biggest problem with this was that most of of the subforums are insulated circlejerks with only a few posters. If you do this kind of thread again, do some GiP threads and more Guns forum stuff.

Hogge Wild fucked around with this message at 12:05 on Oct 22, 2014

Azraelle
Jan 13, 2008

Machai not getting a single reply is kinda sad really.

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]
do another one but on forums where people are allergic to jokes

Pot Smoke Phoenix
Aug 15, 2007

Smoke 'em if you gottem!
Dinosaur Gum

no they will not posted:

and in my heart you're all winners, except Splatmaster.

That's uncalled for and you know it.

g0lbez
Dec 25, 2004

and then you'll beg
i really wanna see Leroy Diplowski's prompt

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012

g0lbez posted:

i really wanna see Leroy Diplowski's prompt

Me too... these prompts are all in the "public domain" now though so feel free to use any of them yourselves

Machai
Feb 21, 2013

no they will not posted:

feel free to use any of them yourselves

:evilbuddy:

bonestructure
Sep 25, 2008

by Ralp

Azraelle posted:

Machai not getting a single reply is kinda sad really.

that was the boat i was in for a whole day with mine, i thought those tviv fuckers loved to hear themselves talk

Machai
Feb 21, 2013

no they will not posted:

Leroy Diplowski: Please make a thread in creative convention showcasing your paintings and sculptures, looking for constructive feedback. The post must contain no pictures.

claiming this one

fuck. marry. t-rex
Jan 23, 2014

Lipstick Apathy
Alejandro Sanchez and Azraelle are the only good ones, in that their threads were actually funny and lasted more than 2 posts

Zero Star
Jan 22, 2006

Robit the paranoid blogger.
Maybe my thread would have gotten replies if I'd posted it in CC instead :shobon:

g0lbez
Dec 25, 2004

and then you'll beg

Zero Star posted:

Maybe my thread would have gotten replies if I'd posted it in CC instead :shobon:

it was a good thread

fuck. marry. t-rex
Jan 23, 2014

Lipstick Apathy

quote:

Los Lobos: Please post a thread in Pet Island about the "Pet Rock" phenomenon of the 70s, and what it had to teach us about real pet ownership and care.

this is a good prompt but i guess los lobos is an unfunny lame

Machai
Feb 21, 2013

Machai posted:

claiming this one

here it is: http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3675290

the funny part is the bit about my uncle is actually true

Surprisingly Dope
Jan 12, 2011

Lope burgs again
Enter

yeah actually they will