Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Surprisingly Dope
Jan 12, 2011

Lope burgs again
after all, i do have 25 USD of forums upgrades to earn back.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Suicide Sam E.
Jun 30, 2013

by XyloJW

no they will not posted:

Wow, there were a lot more people who posted than I thought: 16 entries to 22 no shows. Impressive. Here are the non-posters, and the prompts they judged to be beneath them:

I think what we can all take away from this contest is th

I find myself disappointed although not surprised that the no-shows outnumber the entries significantly. Some of those ideas seem really trill to me, and now I will forever be deprived of getting to see the results. Some of the posts ideas seem more challenging than others to me. This is likely just personal perspective, though.

You said "please" asking politely, and somehow people ignored this. Like, they asked to be included in the contest. Not everyone who wanted to enter the contest was able to get in due to limited space, you treated all the entrants with utmost diffidence, and so many of the goons considered completely crapped out. Just wow.

More than anything I am disappoint that I recognize more than a few names on the no-show list and now am forced to re-evaluate how I think of these once-respected goons.

bonestructure
Sep 25, 2008

by Ralp

awwww yiss

Sagabal
Apr 24, 2010

Holy poo poo g0m lol

madeupfred
Oct 10, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Congratulations to those who won.

Surprisingly Dope
Jan 12, 2011

Lope burgs again

no they will not posted:

fine. anime sandwich aka misandrist wytch has to do all the untaken prompts

amityville anus: Please make a thread dedicated to your band's discography in the Musician's Lounge, subforum of No Music Allowed. Mention your influences, your band's lineup (past and present) and some information about the themes and struggles involved with each album. The download link for each album should lead to a different .txt file comprised of a mixture of garbled characters and swear words.

Misandrist Wytch posted:

Like a lot of people, sometime around 2012 I got really into Vaporwave. Known as the "irony genre," its sampling of old pop songs and relatively low barrier to entry led to a goldrush of sorts, where the gold was hip and sonically pleasing music. Me and my friend Chance were chilling in his dorm room doing as we usually do, drinking "40s" and smoking weed, when we got the idea to download Fruity Loops and try our hand at vaporwave production. Influenced by vaporwave maestros such as Blank Banshee and Lady who slowed down Diana Ross songs by 300% than called it a day we got to work. Frusturated with modern consumerism and disillusioned with the Hedonistic lifestyle of College, me and Chance poured our heart and soul into our debut EP, nA77y 1C3. Reception was admittedly lukewarm, but we took criticism, such as "turn this fag poo poo off" and "this is just beer commercials slowed down by 90% with the gamecube startup theme shoved in every 5 seconds" seriously and prepared for the making of the next album.

With album 2, we set our goal as to make the vaporwave equivalent of Pinkerton. This time we mainly sampled from old Diamond Commercials (By the way, did you know that Diamonds are pretty much bullshit? There was no tradition of giving diamonds as Engagement rings until a huge marketing campaign by De Beers. Because they had a monopoly on diamonds (itself gained through violent and illegal oppression of Africa) they were fully able to control the message, the brand of Diamonds. With the phrase "A Diamond Is Forever" as the centerpiece of the campaign, they quickly were able to convince Diamonds were a neccasary part of the courting process, when in fact Diamonds are not even a rare gem. If you ever need an example of the insidious power of adverstising, look no farther than Diamonds), giving the tunes an etheral and exclusive tone, while also throwing in the wild debauchery samples from Beer commercials. This album would be titled "Da Beers," and was released to great acclaim by my Parents who said it was something "real special. very, uh, interesting." Unfortunately, the intense process of creating Da Beers had absolutely exhauted me and Chance, and so we went our separate ways, Plastic Treez no more. Neveruntheless, it was a wonderfully fullfilling project, and I hope to produce more music in the future. Cheers, and hope everyone enjoys.

Dog Kisser
Mar 30, 2005

But People have fears that beasts do not. Questions, too.

no they will not posted:

dog kisser: Please create a thread in traditional games where you go through a custom ruleset for "playing" Yahoo Answers with friends, assigning points and an eventual victor. If questioned on your choice of forum for posting the thread, say that, while yahoo answers is a component of the game, all the real gameplay is player-to-player.

For the record, this is super hilarious and excellent but I ran out of time! I guess I'm a big loving suck.

g0lbez
Dec 25, 2004

and then you'll beg

dog kisser posted:

For the record, this is super hilarious and excellent but I ran out of time! I guess I'm a big loving suck.

do it

Surprisingly Dope
Jan 12, 2011

Lope burgs again

actually, im doing it now.

bonestructure
Sep 25, 2008

by Ralp

Misandrist Wytch posted:

amityville anus: Please make a thread dedicated to your band's discography in the Musician's Lounge, subforum of No Music Allowed. Mention your influences, your band's lineup (past and present) and some information about the themes and struggles involved with each album. The download link for each album should lead to a different .txt file comprised of a mixture of garbled characters and swear words.

you glorious bastard

keep going and i'll buy you plat on top of the new avatar

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
I'm disappointed in mine because I couldn't get any real responses and also I did a lovely job. If I had it together I would have made a bunch of fake tweets and poo poo, but, gently caress it.

I did try to make a bunch of fake screenshots, but they were too easily traced back to the real image and I was afraid some cd goon would know some silent film from the 20s and promo art for Waits. Also made a broken link to imdb but that'd be more of a red flag than anything imo.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TdaM5Mv-TTo

Surprisingly Dope
Jan 12, 2011

Lope burgs again

bonestructure posted:

you glorious bastard

keep going and i'll buy you plat on top of the new avatar

im going to do some studying than continue.

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]
Gom give me something good to write for D&D, I have their trust.

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012

Misandrist Wytch posted:

whoa. he's doing it

Machai
Feb 21, 2013

SniperWoreConverse posted:

I'm disappointed in mine because I couldn't get any real responses and also I did a lovely job. If I had it together I would have made a bunch of fake tweets and poo poo, but, gently caress it.

I did try to make a bunch of fake screenshots, but they were too easily traced back to the real image and I was afraid some cd goon would know some silent film from the 20s and promo art for Waits. Also made a broken link to imdb but that'd be more of a red flag than anything imo.

wait were we actually supposed to try super duper hard to hide the fact that these were big dumb fake threads? I think I did mine wrong then

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012

Machai posted:

wait were we actually supposed to try super duper hard to hide the fact that these were big dumb fake threads? I think I did mine wrong then

haha I thought yours seemed pretty legit all in all

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012

Equine Don posted:

Gom give me something good to write for D&D, I have their trust.

I can't think of any good D&D prompts... that's why there are none in the contest. couldn't think of any

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]

no they will not posted:

I can't think of any good D&D prompts... that's why there are none in the contest. couldn't think of any

:11tea:

Azraelle
Jan 13, 2008

SniperWoreConverse posted:

I had the same problem, I wanted to add images of lego guns and stuff, but couldn't find any really good ones that weren't easily googleable

Zero Star
Jan 22, 2006

Robit the paranoid blogger.

Machai posted:

I was tempted to put a pic of an AMD notebook in my thread with "DISQUALIFIED: wrong kind of notebook" but that would have been too obvious

Machai
Feb 21, 2013

no they will not posted:

Make a thread in D&D discussing how you think televised Presidential Debates would have turned out had they been used for presidential elections that happened before the invention of the TV. You must bring up Taft VS Bryan in 1908 and how the moderator would handle any potential jokes about them both having the same first name.

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]

Machai posted:

Make a thread in D&D discussing how you think televised Presidential Debates would have turned out had they been used for presidential elections that happened before the invention of the TV. You must bring up Taft VS Bryan in 1908 and how the moderator would handle any potential jokes about them both having the same first name.

I'll think on it...

Sagabal
Apr 24, 2010

My OP image was the third google image result for "gym class" with text layered over it in paint

CommonTerry
Dec 16, 2013

good is soda grape
Really anyone who got a reply is a winner imo.

That said I believe SniperWoreConverse had the best entry, even though the poster looked more like a Lars Von Trier film

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012
I don't think anime sandwich is doing it. In fact, I doubt he had homework at all.

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
Does ebay still sell mystery bags

ziasquinn
Jan 1, 2006

Fallen Rib
Also good thread and threads. I enjoyed. 5

Also all those sub forums are loving buzz kills. Gbs is leaking?! They should be ashamed

Puppy Galaxy
Aug 1, 2004

My post was bad but not for the reasons the wrestling sub forum thinks

Machai
Feb 21, 2013

Your Dead Gay Son posted:

Also good thread and threads. I enjoyed. 5

Also all those sub forums are loving buzz kills. Gbs is leaking?! They should be ashamed

Yeah all the prompts were very GBS so most of the other forums would just ignore them. The toy gun one got some nice responses though, who woulda thought the gun people were less up-tight than the book or art people?

g0lbez
Dec 25, 2004

and then you'll beg
did anyone enjoy my thread. i'm kinda bummed i didn't even get a :gb2gbs: response

CommonTerry
Dec 16, 2013

good is soda grape

g0lbez posted:

did anyone enjoy my thread. i'm kinda bummed i didn't even get a :gb2gbs: response

the "reserved" post made it a 10/10 imo

Izumi Konata
May 4, 2012

by Ralp

Machai posted:

Yeah all the prompts were very GBS so most of the other forums would just ignore them. The toy gun one got some nice responses though, who woulda thought the gun people were less up-tight than the book or art people?

i could judge straightaway by the designatory naming convention this random rear end in a top hat was dealt a lucky draw, random rear end in a top hat pantomiming ralp, wadr gimmickwise グンサィヤー

Izumi Konata
May 4, 2012

by Ralp
i never drink spirits but now i outrageously request platinum archives to steady my horse with a long face

Surprisingly Dope
Jan 12, 2011

Lope burgs again

no they will not posted:

I don't think anime sandwich is doing it. In fact, I doubt he had homework at all.

im done with my midterms and will get back to what matters- fakeposting

bonestructure
Sep 25, 2008

by Ralp

Misandrist Wytch posted:

im done with my midterms and will get back to what matters- fakeposting

footage of WWI ace crossing the tarmac

bog pixie
Feb 23, 2013

Izumi Konata posted:

i never drink spirits but now i outrageously request platinum archives to steady my horse with a long face

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012
Since anime sandwich is on probation due to an ill-conceived bet on a first to ten street fighter II match, I have PMd bonestructure the av cert, and will give anime sandwich one if he completes the Prompt Challenge in future. Also I might do another contest like this in future, so please give yr feedback

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

no they will not posted:

Since anime sandwich is on probation due to an ill-conceived bet on a first to ten street fighter II match, I have PMd bonestructure the av cert, and will give anime sandwich one if he completes the Prompt Challenge in future. Also I might do another contest like this in future, so please give yr feedback

yeah few prompts were fun. next round should have longer time and more dd, gun forum, cinema, tviv and gip stuff.

Suicide Sam E.
Jun 30, 2013

by XyloJW

Hogge Wild posted:

yeah few prompts were fun. next round should have longer time and more dd, gun forum, cinema, tviv and gip stuff.

You can't have that much of a longer time or it will never get done. It either happens or it doesn't. This is conceptual art, not some kind of civic project set to go over its budget.

Yes, it was cool and rad. Do it every month.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bonestructure
Sep 25, 2008

by Ralp
thanks for the cert, g0m. Yeah, this was fun, we should do it again :)

• Locked thread