Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
And the void looks into you. Nothing in this thread matters. Nothing anywhere matters when you think about it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flowers For Algeria
Dec 3, 2005

I humbly offer my services as forum inquisitor. There is absolutely no way I would abuse this power in any way.

expected goatse, gently caress you

roboshit
Apr 4, 2009

enter the void was a cool movie

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Flowers For Algeria posted:

expected goatse, gently caress you

you shouldn't expect anything. Ever.

Rapman the Cook
Aug 24, 2013

by Ralp

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009
helldumping me is against the rules!

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

drat thats a good pic

only thing it misses is a glass of red wine

peanut
Sep 9, 2007

No point

ThisGuy
Aug 16, 2014

This Fuckin' Guy

Hogge Wild posted:

drat thats a good pic

only thing it misses is a glass of red wine

You can't have alcohol at freshman homecoming. p sure.

Speaking of nihilism, how about people who get mad on internet forums? It's been super funny watching people getting viably upset over something. Like chill breh, nothing matters anyway

gwaaargh
Jul 7, 2010

by XyloJW

ThisGuy posted:

Speaking of nihilism, how about people who get mad on internet forums? It's been super funny watching people getting viably upset over something. Like chill breh, nothing matters anyway

shut your loving slut mouth

Flowers For Algeria
Dec 3, 2005

I humbly offer my services as forum inquisitor. There is absolutely no way I would abuse this power in any way.

Applewhite posted:

you shouldn't expect anything. Ever.

not from you anyways

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Flowers For Algeria posted:

not from you anyways

Or from anyone.

Amarcarts
Feb 21, 2007

This looks a lot like suffering.
We make fun of Russia a lot, but GBS is like the eastern European derelict apartment courtyard of the internet. A whole bunch of intoxicated people in striped shirts in a verbal twerk cypher day in and day out.

WHERE IS MY COFFEE
Apr 22, 2009

WHO PUT THAT UP THERE
YOU GUYS ARE ASSHOLES
Annoyed the void

Narciss
Nov 29, 2004

by Cowcaster
In early elementary school I came up with the theory that I was the only "real" person (i.e./e.g. a conscious individual with subjective experiences) that existed. Nowadays I know this is an extant theory called "Solipsism", but I had invented it independently of any outside philosophical influences.

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Narciss fucked around with this message at 20:47 on Oct 19, 2014

Suicide Sam E.
Jun 30, 2013

by XyloJW
Thread exists.
Voted 1 because 0 is not yet an option.

100 HOGS AGREE
Oct 13, 2007
Grimey Drawer

Suicide Sam E. posted:

Thread exists.
Voted 1 because 0 is not yet an option.

Ascribing value to a thing is inherently ridiculous when nothing has any actual meaning.

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.
"Ridiculous" is a value judgement.

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

God loves you op.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Lawman 0 posted:

God loves you op.

God is dead

Decebal
Jan 6, 2010
The Sun will keep getting hotter, and soon the oceans will boil away. Maybe humanity will come together,like no other time in recorded history and build an interstellar ship.

we'll all dead and everything will be just a huge desert

No. 6
Jun 30, 2002

While I believe that life is inherently meaningless, I do thin that humanity has the capability of surviving ion some capacity long beyond the death of the Earth.

Kleen_TheRacistDog
Feb 17, 2014

Can't bust the Krust fuckman
www.skullmund.com
im too depressed to be nihilist

DisgracelandUSA
Aug 11, 2011

Yeah, I gets down with the homies

We're all just zombies shuffling through existence destined for bleak nothingness and worm food.

Roargasm
Oct 21, 2010

Hate to sound sleazy
But tease me
I don't want it if it's that easy
Life has no meaning the moment you lose the illusion of being eternal.

i hate everything
Oct 15, 2010
Sorry I'm more of an absurdist really.

les fleurs du mall
Jun 30, 2014

by LadyAmbien
actually even in true nihilism stuff matters, it's just devoid of its own inherent meaning but that's okay

Funkstar Deluxe
May 7, 2007

「☆☆☆」

les fleurs du mall
Jun 30, 2014

by LadyAmbien

Cool film if you are interested in things like the tibetan book of the dead and also powerful drugs

cool film if you like cinematography and art house concepts

awful film if you loving detest all of the above

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

a beautiful, soft meat sack
Clapping Larry
Anime matters.

Funkstar Deluxe
May 7, 2007

「☆☆☆」

Quickscope420dad posted:

Cool film if you are interested in things like the tibetan book of the dead and also powerful drugs

cool film if you like cinematography and art house concepts

awful film if you loving detest all of the above

the love hotel scene towards the end of the movie didn't have to be like 10-15 minutes long but im glad it was

Funkstar Deluxe
May 7, 2007

「☆☆☆」
:mrgw:

les fleurs du mall
Jun 30, 2014

by LadyAmbien

Funkstar Deluxe posted:

the love hotel scene towards the end of the movie didn't have to be like 10-15 minutes long but im glad it was

i dunno i think the duration of the scene really helped to build the cringing awkwardness factor that they weren't going for at all

Funkstar Deluxe
May 7, 2007

「☆☆☆」
tbh i dont remember much of the movie except that you should never take drugs in japan

AchtungBaby
Dec 5, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Mda8RBiEkcc

Action Yak
Nov 9, 2008

I asked my philosophy professor what the difference was between atheists and nihilists and after a pause he said that atheists still believe in the power of love or some gay poo poo so I guess I'm a nihilist.

les fleurs du mall
Jun 30, 2014

by LadyAmbien

Action Yak Police posted:

I asked my philosophy professor what the difference was between atheists and nihilists and after a pause he said that atheists still believe in the power of love or some gay poo poo so I guess I'm a nihilist.

i hope all of this is a joke cause otherwise you had one incredibly poo poo philosophy prof

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.

Quickscope420dad posted:

i hope all of this is a joke cause otherwise you had one incredibly poo poo philosophy prof
Seriously. What the hell.

GrrrlSweatshirt
Jun 2, 2012
pyf guy posting in a mock thread, when he sees a pic of a fat brony: uh oh guys i looked into the abyss too much hahaha. dont touch the poop or it looks also into you. oh man this is what i get for staring into the abyss

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fruity Gordo
Aug 5, 2013

Neurotic, Impotent Rage!
chin up op

• Locked thread