Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Clochette posted:

When I worked in a restaurant kitchen I was admonished for throwing away sauce that had been in pots on customers' tables and told to put it back in the jars.

The idea is that people spoon the sauce from the pot onto their plate so it never makes direct contact with the customer's hand or mouth and is totes cool to do.

I don't even believe this I've seen some hosed up kitchens but never that. Like what the busser bringing the plate back actually takes the time to go behind the line and scrape the sauce back into the jar or whatever instead of just scraping everything into the trash can and dumping the plate in the dish pit immediately?

e: not calling you a liar I'm just in a state of disbelief

Moridin920 fucked around with this message at 20:32 on Oct 20, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CommonTerry
Dec 16, 2013

good is soda grape

Fetus Tree posted:

why would that burger impress anybody's gf? or anybody at all?

it's expensive and like 2000 calories

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring

CommonTerry posted:

it's expensive and like 2000 calories

That's the poo poo you leave the price tag on as you eat, like slide your receipt out onto the table and highlight what you paid while you display your burger

Morkyz
Aug 6, 2013
lol just lol if you ever have to worry about getting too many calories

Shnag
Dec 8, 2010

"I'll be whatever I wanna do!"

Moridin920 posted:

I don't even believe this I've seen some hosed up kitchens but never that. Like what the busser bringing the plate back actually takes the time to go behind the line and scrape the sauce back into the jar or whatever instead of just scraping everything into the trash can and dumping the plate in the dish pit immediately?

e: not calling you a liar I'm just in a state of disbelief

I think the idea is the table is given a communal pot of sauce with a ladle that they pour all over their stuff. And once the customers are done, they grab the pot and pour it back into the batch. While, not as disgusting as what your suggesting, it is still staggeringly gross.

Still stupid from any viewpoint, I mean, the customer already paid for what you gave them, its not like the restaurant is losing out on anything. And if you are giving the customers so much sauce that they don't make a dent in it, why not just give them less sauce and bring them more if they are going through it?

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Morkyz posted:

lol just lol if you ever have to worry about getting too many calories

Lol if you die at 40 from heart problems

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌

Spider Helidon posted:

Just don't eat the same thing every day and use basic nutritional common sense that you should have absorbed by osmosis by now. It's not like we don't know what's healthy and unhealthy or what an appropriate amount to eat is.

Man, I know you're not seriousposting, but

CommonTerry
Dec 16, 2013

good is soda grape
I think obesity is caused more by people not moving. I just walked for 2 and a half hours to buy a burger at wendy's*

*note that the wendy's is only a block a way but still

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌
I'm genuinely waiting enthusiastically for the first fast-food joint with a drive-thru for mobility scooters.

Like, a place gets so sick of people trying to go through the regular drive-thru with one and throwing a poo poo-fit because they can't be served there for OH&S reasons that they just decide to say "gently caress it".

Bivens
Jun 23, 2003

die mensch·maschine
i'm genuinely waiting enthusiastically for Breetai to choke to death on his bourgeois culturally-appropriated vittles

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!
gonna be an awesome day when we have to change the definition of the word obese/stop using it bc it becomes offensive/describes too broad a group of people

homercles
Feb 14, 2010

uG posted:

fast food is ok if you eat it in moderation like 9 times a week max

How many servings per 'time' are we talking though?

Like, my throat is still inflamed from my grand schnitzel endeavour on the weekend, but only because no-one was man enough to break into my place and slap the schnitzel from my flabby jowls. Not sure what my point is.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

Fetus Tree posted:

gonna be an awesome day when we have to change the definition of the word obese/stop using it bc it becomes offensive/describes too broad a group of people

we are already living in a time where fat shaming is on the agenda of every good social justice warrior so it shouldnt be lng

Spider Helidon
Nov 4, 2010

by XyloJW

homercles posted:

How many servings per 'time' are we talking though?

Like, my throat is still inflamed from my grand schnitzel endeavour on the weekend, but only because no-one was man enough to break into my place and slap the schnitzel from my flabby jowls. Not sure what my point is.

Well said.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Clochette
Aug 12, 2013

Moridin920 posted:

Because the sauce is in a china pot which is expensive and therefore not scraped into the trash can. That means you have to clean them out individually, and if you're gonna scrape the sauce from the pot into the trash might as well scrape it back into the jar.

• Locked thread