Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Neurosis
Jun 10, 2003
Fallen Rib

Alas Boobylon posted:

i like the Mi-go the Mi-go are legit

yeah whisperer in the darkness is a real good story

the colour out of space is probably lovecraft's best that is really creepy

there are also authors nowadays who write in the same vein as lovecraft but with good prose and characters and they wouldn't be what they are without the gentlemen from providence

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neurosis
Jun 10, 2003
Fallen Rib

Harime Nui posted:

What's really funny is, Cthulhu, at least in the Lovecraftian canon or w/e, is not a huge deal. He's like the high priest of a race of aliens who arrived on earth 1 billion years ago and fought another alien race. Not some omnipresent deity, more of a kaiju demi-god. He seriously gets K.O'd by a steamship ramming him in the face in The Call of Cthulhu. He's got nothing on the actual gods in the mythos like Shub-Niggurath or Nyarlathotep.

or azathoth the idiot king who has to be kept in permanent slumber at the centre of the universe by outer gods playing piping music forever otherwise he'll wake up and destroy the universe

nylarlathotep is interesting because he actually appears to have intelligence that can be related to as a human or at least he takes some notice of us

he got beaten by a measly hoo-man though which is a bit weak

Neurosis
Jun 10, 2003
Fallen Rib

Shadow posted:

I don't know jack poo poo about Cthulhu but I've been seeing references about that poo poo online for nearly 20 years.

Metallica had a great instrumental named after Call of Cthulhu but they spelled it "Ktulu"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t1RTgznup5c

they also had the thing that should not be which had some of their non-lovely lyrics

i miss cliff burton

i wonder if james hetfield ever got gently caress drunk and told lars "Lars... it should have been you in that bunk that night... it should have been you"

• Locked thread