Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Alas Boobylon
Sep 30, 2014
i want bullion

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GrrrlSweatshirt
Jun 2, 2012

Saalkin posted:

Does building a sky scrapper without following permit and zoning laws count as a heist?

not sure what a sky scrapper is but it sounds v dangerous. i would not advise this

Coldstone Cream-my-pants
Jun 21, 2007
There's a crazy busy beach restaurant nearby me that is essentially a big outdoor deck. It has a safe in the office that's absolutely stacked with cash by the end of the weekend, and you can pretty much crawl right up under it on the sand. Me and a buddy that worked there always fantasized about pulling up to the beach with a boat, some tools and 50 yards of chain. Cut through the floor, let the safe crash to the ground, and yank it off the beach with the boat. I really feel like you could get away with it.

Saalkin
Jun 29, 2008

GrrrlSweatshirt posted:

not sure what a sky scrapper is but it sounds v dangerous. i would not advise this

I think I'll just ignore this advice.

GrrrlSweatshirt
Jun 2, 2012

Saalkin posted:

youre making a big mistake. heed my warning and build no sky scrappers

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames

Saalkin posted:

Better gets those permits guy or the only one getting robbed will be you when the city takes your billion dollar sky scraper bc you didn't have a permit. Then issues it a permit and sells it to someone else. A sucker is born every minute, don't let it be you.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Michael Corleone posted:

Better gets those permits guy or the only one getting robbed will be you when the city takes your billion dollar sky scraper bc you didn't have a permit. Then issues it a permit and sells it to someone else. A sucker is born every minute, don't let it be you.

I just realized you have a good name for this business.

GrrrlSweatshirt
Jun 2, 2012
a sky scrapper is a flying death bulldozer that wrecks buildings and explodes human beings

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
heh, just came up with a name for the skyscraper job: skycaper

GrrrlSweatshirt
Jun 2, 2012
skygaper

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
skyfapper is what you call it when god masturbates

Dandywalken
Feb 11, 2014

*Coughs from a nearby alley to draw attention"

"Pssst. I got six frag grenades for sale. I'll give 'em to ya for Y180. That's Y30 a pop. What you say, chummer?"

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames
I commit capers quite often on my grandma, well just one actually. I cut off branches on her trees that are dead so the trees will stay alive. She likes this and is happy for my efforts, but I actually just want the wood to burn. So really just a heist of extra grandma love.

NOW ACCEPTING ANY POSITION IN ANY CREW FOR ANY HEIST/CAPER/MURDER/ARSON/ETC

EXTREME INSERTION
Jun 4, 2011

by LadyAmbien
I want to steal ten thousand pounds of anime

Danger - Octopus!
Apr 20, 2008

Nap Ghost
Can I be the camp English guy? I don't think it's a caper unless you have one.

I will bring the following skills to the crew: a posh English accent, a sharp but slightly effete suit (three piece on request), frequent innuendo and sarcasm, ambiguous sexuality, and inopportune British slang (possibly made up) that adds cultural confusion to an already complicated situation.

GrrrlSweatshirt
Jun 2, 2012

Danger - Octopus! posted:

Can I be the camp English guy? I don't think it's a caper unless you have one.

I will bring the following skills to the crew: a posh English accent, a sharp but slightly effete suit (three piece on request), frequent innuendo and sarcasm, ambiguous sexuality, and inopportune British slang (possibly made up) that adds cultural confusion to an already complicated situation.

yea you can be my stuttering aquarium enthusiast. you are gonna be brutalized by a nietzche quoting boor but you get to run him over with a steamroller later so its all good

Selim Sivad
Sep 2, 2008

by Ralp
I am an excellent getaway driver as long as the entire crew can fit into a 2004 Honda Civic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames
On Sep. 6, 2003 a man paid for $150 in groceries at a Food Lion in Roanoke Rapids, North Carolina with a phony $200 bill bearing George W. Bush's portrait. The bill showed a white house with signs on its lawn reading 'we like ice cream' and 'USA deserves a tax cut.' The cashier accepted the bill and gave $50 change. The Smoking Gun was able to actually get a picture of the $200 bill used in the transaction.

What most people don't remember is that this scam is hardly new. Two years ago, on January 28, 2001 a drive-thru customer at a Danville, Kentucky Dairy Queen paid for his $2.12 purchase with $200. That $200 was handed to the cashier in the form of a single $200 bill bearing on the front the likeness of George Bush and a treasury seal marked "The right to bear arms." The back of the bill showed an oil well and the White House lawn decorated with signs. The signs read "U.S. deserves a tax cut," "No more scandals," and "We like broccoli." The cashier accepted the bill and gave the customer $197.88 in change. The customer quickly drove off. Speaking later in her defense, the cashier explained that she had believed the $200 bill to be legitimate because it was green, just like real money. Credit Al Borland.

Sounds like the groundwork of a good caper, but lets make $500 bills, they used to real and we will over than double their take!

• Locked thread