Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Bubble-T
Dec 26, 2004

You know, I've got a funny feeling I've seen this all before.

Stelas posted:

I think I just heard Gutter Owl wail at the sky.

I'm in an unfortunate spot where I have to get really lucky for it to do anything today! I have kept it now though.

Also gently caress walls.

Bubble-T fucked around with this message at 09:33 on Oct 23, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

To go quickly is foolish. To go slowly is prudent. Not to go; that is wisdom.

Stelas posted:

I can't draw your personal skills right now, but Swift Bolt / Heroic Tale / Intimidate. I might have to see what I can do regarding getting lunchtime updates sorted - seems like it'd be a perfect idea for this group and the timezone matchups.

I don't like intimidate and Heroic Tale doesn't really fit... Swift Bolt, I guess. More Ranged and a crystal next turn is always good.

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

When you see it, you'll shit yourself.

Gutter Owl please don't take the blue mana if you can :v:

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

To speed things up, if Gutter Owl doesn't take the blue mana, use the blue mana dice and cast Temporal Portal (powered) to move to the Dungeon that Wolfhawk just vacated.

Tekopo fucked around with this message at 10:57 on Oct 23, 2014

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

Wow, the monastery might survive after all. I'm happy to run COs, just bear in mind repeating a dungeon doesn't give you any goodies, it just lets you fight a dungeon enemy.

Stelas fucked around with this message at 10:54 on Oct 23, 2014

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

Let me check if I can take on the monastery then. I know I can take out most of the dungeon monsters, which is why I was aiming there.

Bubble-T
Dec 26, 2004

The new purple enemies in Lost Legion are pretty rough, no doubt to make Monasteries a little less appealing as loot pinatas.

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

Yes, I can do the monastery, but I'd like the gold mana this turn Gutter Owl. It's not overwhelmingly important that I get it so if anyone needs it more let me know.

EDIT: I only need the gold mana to get rid of one wound from my discard pile (since otherwise I just rest this turn otherwise).

Tekopo fucked around with this message at 11:09 on Oct 23, 2014

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

Well, I can take the monastery, but as it stands, a bunch of stuff will give me 3 wounds that I can't really counter, either monks or fire mages mean that I can win without wounds and if I get sorcerers I get 3 wounds + 3 in the discard. Well, I guess I can just walk up the healing glades. Go big or go home.

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

I was afraid of taking three wounds total while in the monastery. :stare:

Honestly, the most difficult part of this game for me is knowing when to take wounds.

Rivensteel
Mar 30, 2010
Out of curiosity, what would you have done differently, Gutter Owl?

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

Fat Samurai posted:

I was afraid of taking three wounds total while in the monastery. :stare:

Honestly, the most difficult part of this game for me is knowing when to take wounds.
The 3+3 is only if I face the sorcerers. I'm still deliberating if it is worth the risk.

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

Speaking of which, this has been useful. It's a pic of all the enemy tokens in the base game and the expansion on BGG.

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

Also in co-op I don't think wounds are quite as crippling because: you can slow-play your hands rather than having to rush to keep up and you don't need to worry about them tanking your score. It should be possible for me to heal most of them out (if I get three wounds, that is).

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

Tekopo posted:

Also in co-op I don't think wounds are quite as crippling because: you can slow-play your hands rather than having to rush to keep up and you don't need to worry about them tanking your score. It should be possible for me to heal most of them out (if I get three wounds, that is).

I'm used to either single player or competitive, so anything that slows me down is to be avoided like plague.

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

One of the interesting things about Volkare when he's on Fair speed is that you often do have to kind of... wait for him to catch up. I've had two groups now where we've all coordinated our plan very closely, and as a result we've placed the city a goddamn mile away from Volkare. In both cases, he took ages to catch up and we ended up shrugging our shoulders and calling the game rather than wait out the ton of turns.

I would definitely suggest that wounds aren't so much of a problem, in general, and especially not early on when you have lots of time to Tranquility them out of your deck. They won't generally affect the score a whole lot, either, unless someone gets an absolute ton of them they never get rid of. Of course, they will always suck, but it's not the end of the world quite as much.

Rivensteel posted:

At a guess, I would assume Gutter Owl was thinking about picking up some troops first, or else rejigging Tovak's hand a little. I can't say for sure because, as Game Moderator, I'm missing a couple of the module tools that list what's left in a player's deck, but I'm fairly certain that Tovak still has a Concentrate and a Swiftness around. It wouldn't have helped immensely against the catapults but would have freed up some movement cards to dramatically reduce the catapult damage.

If it was just to do with the actual particulars of Tovak's hand in that one fight, I could probably be persuaded to rejig it a little, especially because I also forgot the rule that Movement directly reduces an enemy's attack value rather than just being treated as Block.

Stelas fucked around with this message at 14:04 on Oct 23, 2014

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

Well, I'll pre-plan to use the gold mana to play Influence (powered) if Gutter Owl doesn't take that mana first, and use it to heal one of my wounds.

Bubble-T
Dec 26, 2004

Stelas posted:

One of the interesting things about Volkare when he's on Fair speed is that you often do have to kind of... wait for him to catch up.

That happened to me in solo, almost lost due to being at the end of my deck and still waiting for him to get close enough to attack. Every turn you have to get rid of at least one card and I nearly didn't have enough damage left when he arrived.

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

Tekopo posted:

Well, I'll pre-plan to use the gold mana to play Influence (powered) if Gutter Owl doesn't take that mana first, and use it to heal one of my wounds.

Healing can only be used on wounds in your hand, and I was pretty sure you rest-ed them all into your discard pile? Only the magical glades can remove wounds from your discard.

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

Okay, I've been playing that wrongly then :v:. I'll just rest again and discard Influence then.

gutterdaughter
Oct 21, 2010

keep yr head up, problem girl
Tovak's Turn

Tovak discards Shield Bash to rest, discarding two wounds. (Keeping the other two in hand for Tranquility.) End turn.

Rivensteel posted:

I would have used Stamina and a sideways Promise to reduce the Stonethrower to 4 strength (2 wounds). Cumbersome lets you reduce strength, so it's even better than standard blocking. Then, Cold Toughness to block the witches, Rage (powered) to kill the stonethrower. Level, then use Shield Bash to weaken and kill the Witches this turn. Same number of turns spent standing in one place, only two wounds, and would have let me keep Instinct for hiring the Guardian Golems next turn.

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

Arythea levels and picks up an action and a skill.

Arythea flips:
Dark Negotiation (Once a turn, +2 Influence at day, or +3 Influence at night.)
Polarization (Once a turn, use one mana as its opposite color.)

By CO, Arythea takes Swift Bolt.

By CO, Wolfhawk moves onto the camp.

By CO, Tovak rests.

By CO, Krang rests.

Volkare draws another Wound and rolls white. Nothing happens!

Wheee, I got through an entire turn in one post! Volkare, man, step it up.

Arythea's Turn

Arythea (Fat Samurai) - 4 hand, 0 deck, skill choice.
Wolfhawk (Bubble-T) - 5 hand, 2 deck.
Tovak (Gutter Owl) - 6 hand, 1 deck.
Krang (Tekopo) - 5 hand, 1 deck.
Volkare - 34 deck. 4 city, 5 keep, 8 dragons, 8 orcs.
Unit Offer | Fame/Reputation Track

gutterdaughter
Oct 21, 2010

Gonna go ahead and CO the rest of the round for Tovak:

1) Use Mana Overload for White. Use a green die, play tranquility (powered) to heal 2 from hand, end turn. (If I've done my math correctly, the last card in my deck should be Swiftness.) End turn.

2) Play Swiftness, plus Rage (sideways), for Move 3. Move to keep. Use green die or crystal, play Concentration (powered) to play Threaten (powered+2) for Influence 7. Hire Guardian Golems if still available. End turn, take rep -1.

3) If round end not yet declared, forced to end round.

gutterdaughter fucked around with this message at 20:19 on Oct 23, 2014

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

If someone could keep either a white or gold mana die in the pool for me that I would be much obliged :tipshat:

gutterdaughter
Oct 21, 2010

Actually, that brings up a good point. I can just use a die from the source for my tranquility next turn, and "waste" Mana Overload on pretty much any color that would be useful.

What are you planning to do, Tekopo, and how much would a +4 help?

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

Gutter Owl posted:

Actually, that brings up a good point. I can just use a die from the source for my tranquility next turn, and "waste" Mana Overload on pretty much any color that would be useful.

What are you planning to do, Tekopo, and how much would a +4 help?
I'm planning to concentrate (unpowered) + white die to use both of my 'swiftness' cards. +4 to attack wouldn't be too useful since I still have battle frenzy available.

gutterdaughter
Oct 21, 2010

...So just using one Swiftness for Range 7 doesn't appeal? Or am I misreading Mana Overload, and it will only give standard attack?

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

Mana Overload is specifically 'any type' of Attack, which is fuckin' bonkers if you have a source of Siege god drat.

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

Oh wow, didn't realise it was 'any attack'. It will help, yes and will ensure that I can take pretty much anything if you give me the mana overload.

gutterdaughter
Oct 21, 2010

Cool. Revised my CO, as per below.

Gutter Owl posted:

Gonna go ahead and CO the rest of the round for Tovak:

1) Use Mana Overload for White. Use a green die, play tranquility (powered) to heal 2 from hand, end turn. (If I've done my math correctly, the last card in my deck should be Swiftness.) End turn.

2) Play Swiftness, plus Rage (sideways), for Move 3. Move to keep. Use green die or crystal, play Concentration (powered) to play Threaten (powered+2) for Influence 7. Hire Guardian Golems if still available. End turn, take rep -1.

3) If round end not yet declared, forced to end round.

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

Polarization, obviously. I love this skill.

Play swift bolt for the crystal and powered crystallize for a Red Crystal. Keep awesome hand of two wounds. Declare end of round next turn.

Edit: unless someone wants more turns, then I can play one card one turn, then the other. I don't see anyone having three more turns, though.

Fat Samurai fucked around with this message at 21:48 on Oct 23, 2014

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

I'm fine with only one more turn, I don't think I'll be able to do much more than take out the monastery and hopefully move to the glade to heal up some.

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

Wolfhawk's Turn

Arythea (Fat Samurai) - 2 hand, 0 deck.
Wolfhawk (Bubble-T) - 5 hand, 2 deck.
Tovak (Gutter Owl) - 6 hand, 1 deck.
Krang (Tekopo) - 5 hand, 1 deck.

Stelas fucked around with this message at 23:26 on Oct 23, 2014

gutterdaughter
Oct 21, 2010

Fat Samurai posted:

Polarization, obviously. I love this skill.

Play swift bolt for the crystal and powered crystallize for a Red Crystal. Keep awesome hand of two wounds. Declare end of round next turn.

Edit: unless someone wants more turns, then I can play one card one turn, then the other. I don't see anyone having three more turns, though.

Just...just checking. You're not declaring end of round now, you're just COing it. Yes? Cuz I need this turn and next turn to heal up and get those golems.

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

Yeah, Arythea only has two wounds in hand. (And also did something this turn - End of Turn can't be used even if you've only played Special cards.)

Bubble-T
Dec 26, 2004

I can't believe I forgot that Fire Bolt does fire damage. I always do that :bang:

Luckily I don't think it makes much difference. Wolfhawk uses the last of her Stamina to move to the maze. The orcs take issue with this, Determination powered by the blue mana die blocks their attack, a curse weakens their armour and Rage powered by a red crystal finishes them off.

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

Gutter Owl posted:

Just...just checking. You're not declaring end of round now, you're just COing it. Yes? Cuz I need this turn and next turn to heal up and get those golems.

Yeah, I play stuff now, declare end of round NEXT turn (because I have to, I don't have any more cards in my deck), which gives everyone another turn, so two turns for everyone.

We could play it safe and have three turns, but that gives Volk an extra draw.

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

Krang's Turn

Wolfhawk levels and picks up a command token.

By CO, Tovak heals up and seeds Mana Overload.

Holy poo poo, so many small problems in keeping track of deck. Sorry! Maybe I should not update ill. (Ha ha ha.) Should be all fixed now.

Arythea (Fat Samurai) - 2 hand, 0 deck.
Wolfhawk (Bubble-T) - 4 hand, 0 deck.
Tovak (Gutter Owl) - 4 hand, 0 deck.
Krang (Tekopo) - 5 hand, 0 deck.

Bubble-T
Dec 26, 2004

I could go for either a spell or artifact on my last turn, how do you all value them? Being able to pick a spell is nice, but I don't like them as much when I have poor crystal generation. On the other hand that Tremor looks really tasty..

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

rchandra
Apr 30, 2013

Fat Samurai posted:

Yeah, I play stuff now, declare end of round NEXT turn (because I have to, I don't have any more cards in my deck)

This doesn't seem right. If you have cards in hand, you can spend turns discarding them (since you said they were all wounds, that would even be one at a time as Slow Recovery).

Not that it looks like people want _that_ many turns, but sometimes that sort of thing is nice in solo on crystal mines.

• Locked thread