Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

Tekopo posted:

I don't think it is worth it to redo everything just to see if Tovak's Co-Op skill can help. Also, Gutter Owl, you can use my co-op skill for the red mana token.

Tovak goes after you, so the co-op skill wouldn't be on the table by the time your turn rolled around.

Good lord. It'll take me a bit to go through this and double-check the maths...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beffer
Sep 25, 2007
Serves Volkare right for loafing around at the bottom of the map for most of the game.

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

Some notes:

At this point, I'm just going to give people random advanced actions from levelups just to remember they've got them, because all that's really going to change is a couple points on the score at the end of it all. Poor Volkare. (I'm not even putting them into hand, just tossing them onto deck.)

Wolfhawk does not get a wound from the Horn of Wrath, and gets an advanced action.
Arythea picks up an advanced action. In a wonderful display of timing, she draws Call to Arms.
Krang shouldn't really clump his blocks up like that, Block doesn't quite work that way, but it's okay because they divvy up perfectly into the right amounts.
I really hope Krang means 'Guardsmen' instead of 'Swordsmen' or I might be going insane.
Krang gets +34 Fame, levels twice, gets an advanced action.
Tovak gains +61 Fame from defeated enemies, not +62. Not that it matters at this point! He gets an additional action.

Volkare frenzies, moving forward a space.

As everyone fully joined the battle, it is Volkare's turn again! He rolls blue, and is attacking with a single, lonely swordsman. Someone please put him out of his misery.

Volkare - 0 city, 1 keep, 0 dragons, 0 orcs. ATTACK!
Wolfhawk (Bubble-T) - 8 hand, 9 deck.
Arythea (Fat Samurai) - 6 hand, 17 deck.
Krang (Tekopo) - 8 hand, 12 deck.
Tovak (Gutter Owl) - 9 hand, 1 deck.
Unit Offer | Fame/Reputation Track

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

Oops, that was stupid. Given the way I handle updates, updating Volkare's sheet killed off the previous image, that I probably should have kept around for posterity's sake.

e: I fixed it

Stelas fucked around with this message at 00:51 on Jan 8, 2015

gutterdaughter
Oct 21, 2010

keep yr head up, problem girl
Let's let Arythea have the 3 fame if possible, since the lowest fame is used for the final scoring.

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

When you see it, you'll shit yourself.

Let me take care of Volkare.

Block Volkare using a blue mana die to play Determination (powered) for 5 block, play Temporal Portal (sideways) for 6 block, blocking the attack.

Use Ice Golems to tank the Guardsmen.

Play both Rages (unpowered) for 4 attack, play everything but Heroic Tale sideways to kill the guardsmen. And done.

Or Fat Samurai can take care of it, that's fine.

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

I stand corrected on Diplomacy. Holy poo poo, that's become a strong card.

Bubble-T
Dec 26, 2004

You know, I've got a funny feeling I've seen this all before.

Stelas posted:

As everyone fully joined the battle, it is Volkare's turn again! He rolls blue, and is attacking with a single, lonely swordsman. Someone please put him out of his misery.

Can't we offer him a peace treaty and go drinking. This just seems like beating up a small child.

I feel like writing to Vlaada about it, this seems like the kind of thing he'd have a special rule for.

gutterdaughter
Oct 21, 2010

Bubble-T, you'll still need to at least block or soak Volkare's attack, since you come before Fat Samurai in the turn order.

Actually, we might all need to block? I'm not sure how it works, exactly. 'Course, everyone but Fat Samurai can just play six random cards sideways for block 6 and be done with it.

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

You could just not take part in the co-op defence. I mean, that's just cruel otherwise.

gutterdaughter
Oct 21, 2010

Y'know, I didn't realize you could refuse to take part in the defense until now. Learn something new every day.

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

To go quickly is foolish. To go slowly is prudent. Not to go; that is wisdom.
I don't think I should have Call to Arms in my hand, but whatever advanced action I ended up picking instead. I could pick up Chivalry for an extra Fame point, I guess. Assuming that:

CO: Polarize a White die into Green to Power up Concentration, play Determination for block 7. Block Volkare. Golems soak the Guardsmen's attack. Power up Chivalry for 4 attack +1 Fame and +1 Reputation, play Rage and use Burning Power for 7 attack.

Stelas posted:

Oops, that was stupid. Given the way I handle updates, updating Volkare's sheet killed off the previous image, that I probably should have kept around for posterity's sake.

Keep GO's turn to go along with before and after images of Volkare's army. Post it in the boardgame thread everytime someone asks about MK.

Fat Samurai fucked around with this message at 09:16 on Jan 8, 2015

Bubble-T
Dec 26, 2004

I don't know if I'm holding things up but I assume someone else wants to kill that last guy. I'm happy to do nothing.

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

I'm just gonna use a white die to power Heroic Tale to get a random advanced action card.

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

Volkare attacks! He has a single, lonely troop!

Fat Samurai posted:

CO: Polarize a White die into Green to Power up Concentration, play Determination for block 7. Block Volkare. Golems soak the Guardsmen's attack. Power up Chivalry for 4 attack +1 Fame and +1 Reputation, play Rage and use Burning Power for 7 attack.

The players win!

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

:woop:

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

FINAL STATUS

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

I like the fact that in most Mage Knight scenarios you are, in fact, the bad guys.

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

Well, we have kinda assaulted every man made fortification and burned down every monastery in the map.

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

FINAL SCORES

Arythea's fame is the lowest at 75.
Tovak has The Greatest Knowledge, at 20.
Wolfhawk has The Greatest Loot, at 8.
Tovak is The Greatest Leader, at 15.
Arythea is The Greatest Conqueror, at 10.
Tovak is The Greatest Adventurer, at 12.
Arythea took The Greatest Beating, at -6.
(Poor Krang was always just behind Tovak in most categories.)
The city was conquered, for 20.
Volkare was defeated on Heroic/Fair with 0 cards left, earning 40 points.

Grand Total: 194 Fame

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SS9FvIHDlWE

Bubble-T
Dec 26, 2004

I'm happy to have won a single category. This is the least units I can remember buying on Wolfhawk, ended up playing to her theme by accident.

Fat Samurai posted:

Well, we have kinda assaulted every man made fortification and burned down every monastery in the map.

They had it coming, I'm sure.

Bubble-T fucked around with this message at 14:36 on Jan 8, 2015

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

Bubble-T posted:

I'm happy to have won a single category. This is the least units I can remember buying on Wolfhawk, ended up playing to her theme by accident.

They had it coming, I'm sure.

They could have just been reasonable and handed over their priceless treasures willingly, after all.

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

Game should be renamed to Murderhobos

Tekopo fucked around with this message at 15:34 on Jan 8, 2015

gutterdaughter
Oct 21, 2010

Well, that was a bit anticlimactic. Fun, but hardly a brilliant showing for General "Oh He's So Scary" Volkare. It almost felt unsporting.

Welp! Maybe he'll have a better run in the next thread. Get on that, would you Stelas?

Fat Samurai
Feb 16, 2011

Tippis posted:

They could have just been reasonable and handed over their priceless treasures willingly, after all.

We'd burn them down for the XP anyway.

Thanks for running this, Stelas, it's been great.

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

Gutter Owl posted:

Get on that, would you Stelas?

First, I have an 11,000 mile house move to negotiate!

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

Thanks for running the game Stelas!

gutterdaughter
Oct 21, 2010

Stelas posted:

First, I have an 11,000 mile house move to negotiate!

Psh. Excuses.

Thank you for running two back to back games of Mage Knight, Stelas. Given how seldom the real copy comes off the shelf, it's been a real treat.

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

Not a problem!

Thank you to all my players for being prompt and precise and generally good sorts. I realize I made a ton of mistakes in the latter half of the game, and I'm not terribly proud of it - it's not much of an excuse, but Christmas was incredibly stressful as I tried to leave work, fill in forms, look for a place to live, and generally get my poo poo sorted within a fairly short amount of time. Glad we got it all squared away, and I'm pleased to see another game completed.

After Clash of Cultures is finished up and I've moved into my new place... I'll probably be running another game. Having hosed around with Eldritch Horror's big box expansion, maybe that'll be in the works. Or I might finally try the Galaxy Trucker draft I've been meaning to experiment with. Or Imperial Assault will finally have a vassal module I can rope people into playing.

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!
It's been great spectating! COunt me in for next time when you've moved. Have fun with that(!)

rchandra
Apr 30, 2013

Congrats team. That was quite a slaughter, I thought Volkare running out of cards was going to cause you troubles.

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

Good job to all the players! It was a hell of a game to watch/read!

Stelas posted:

Eldritch Horror Galaxy Trucker Or Imperial Assault

Whenever you get poo poo settled, put me in for any of that! I'm curious to see how you could make Galaxy Trucker's ship building part work.

Tekopo
Oct 24, 2008

HOOLY BOOLY posted:

Good job to all the players! It was a hell of a game to watch/read!

Whenever you get poo poo settled, put me in for any of that! I'm curious to see how you could make Galaxy Trucker's ship building part work.
Use the pass and play system from the GT app.

gutterdaughter
Oct 21, 2010

Tekopo posted:

Use the pass and play system from the GT app.

The pass and play system has one flaw for pbp, which is the tile-drawing system, which needs immediate adjudication before proceeding. You're likely to get long periods of

Player: Draw a tile.
Mod (4 hours later): Drawn. Board updated
Player (6 hours later): Draw a tile.
Mod (2 hours later): Drawn.
Player (12 hours later): Draw a tile.
Mod (3 hours later): Drawn.
Player (6 hours later): Draw a tile.
Mod (2 hours later): Drawn.
Player (4 hours later): Draw a tile.
Mod (4 hours later): Drawn.
Player (2 hours later): Pass turn.
Opponent: I cannot take my turn as I have died of old age.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stelas
Sep 6, 2010

Yeah, the major problem is that the build phase has to be fast and snappy enough that it a) reminds people of the real game and b) doesn't make the thread immediately run out of steam. I've been knocking around something like:

- Players sign up with the expectation that they're around about (TIME) each day.
- Each day at (TIME), everyone gets a PM with six tiles from the bag, arranged left to right.
- They PM me back with up to four picks, but have to choose in order from left to right, skipping over any tiles they don't want. i.e. you can't pick and place the rightmost tile and then one to the left of it.
- At the end of each day, the tiles they didn't use are put into a communal pile face up.
- Tiles in the communal pile can be picked up at any point during someone's turn for two of their four picks, but if someone else gets the PM to me first they've snatched that tile away.
- Players can opt to say 'I'm done' as part of their PM, earning them a position marker.
- [some kinda timer mechanic goes here]
- [some kinda card-viewing mechanic goes here]

• Locked thread