Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Digi_Kraken
Sep 4, 2011
"It is understood that she stopped drinking water on 16 September and was frustrated that her death wasn’t days after, but two weeks."

quote:

An elderly woman has starved herself to death to get around the UK’s tight and restrictive laws on assisted suicide.

Octogenarian Jean Davies, who is also a right-to-die campaigner, spent five weeks attempting to end her life and succeeded in doing so on 1 October.

The former maths teacher, 86, did not have a terminal illness, but suffered a range of conditions that made her life uncomfortable including chronic back pain and fainting episodes.

She told the Sunday Times: “It is hell. I can’t tell you how hard it is. You wouldn’t decide this unless you thought your life was going to be so bad. It is intolerable.”

It is understood that she stopped drinking water on 16 September and was frustrated that her death wasn’t days after, but two weeks.

I am glad we fought WWII so that we can force the elderly to Auschwitz themselves lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
she should have been prescribed opiates in higher and higher doses

Berious
Nov 13, 2005
killing yourself over back pain and fainting seems pretty extreme

Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Governments don't want to legalize suicide because it would be a huge PR gently caress up if a large swath of the populace legally commits suicide due to that government's lovely policies making life hell for them

RobattoJesus
Aug 13, 2002

What a weird way to kill yourself. The only reason prisoners starve themselves to death is because they can't do stuff like buy a ducati and crash head-first into a statue of winston churchill at 200 mph.

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

she could have taken a trip to that one scandivanian country whre they will kill you if you want

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

RobattoJesus posted:

What a weird way to kill yourself. The only reason prisoners starve themselves to death is because they can't do stuff like buy a ducati and crash head-first into a statue of winston churchill at 200 mph.

it was a statement, as well as suicide

RobattoJesus
Aug 13, 2002

Iggy Koopa posted:

she could have taken a trip to that one scandivanian country whre they will kill you if you want

Malmo? I mean the dignitias suicide clinic is in switzerland which is in central europe, but I'm pretty sure you could find someone willing to kill you in Malmo.

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

RobattoJesus posted:

Malmo? I mean the dignitias suicide clinic is in switzerland which is in central europe, but I'm pretty sure you could find someone willing to kill you in Malmo.

i live in ontario and havent even gotten my god drat drivers license, switzerland is scandinavia okay david bowie rear end motherufker

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005

Iggy Koopa posted:

my education of the world comes mostly from playing risk is the country youre talking about scandanavia

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

gary oldmans diary posted:

my education of the world comes mostly from playing risk is the country youre talking about scandanavia

yeah tahts the one thanks bro

RobattoJesus
Aug 13, 2002

Iggy Koopa posted:

i live in ontario and havent even gotten my god drat drivers license, switzerland is scandinavia okay david bowie rear end motherufker

goddamn americans and they'are lovely geografy

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

im going to cut you

RobattoJesus
Aug 13, 2002

Iggy Koopa posted:

im going to cut you

See, assisted suicide is easy.

Here is my jugular, make it clean.

gorki
Aug 9, 2014
the current UK government is committed to driving us poors to suicide by making our lives so poo poo. it would be manners to make it easy for us really :(

Digi_Kraken
Sep 4, 2011
I can't believe she chose starving though, I am not in the UK but you should be able to put together an exit bag very cheaply and easily.

I mean, poo poo, just take 30 advil with a bottle of liquor and take a nap.

Starving takes weeks and is agonizingly painful. Why?????

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva
should have self mummified like me that poo poo's badass

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TdaM5Mv-TTo

Yivgev
May 19, 2004

i brought my +1 ak-47

Race Hate Kramer posted:

I can't believe she chose starving though, I am not in the UK but you should be able to put together an exit bag very cheaply and easily.

too old to use google

gorki
Aug 9, 2014

Race Hate Kramer posted:

it does say that she thought it would be a matter of days after beginning to dehydrate herself. tbh though severe depression can make a person stop eating and drinking but leave them too mentally scrambled to get their poo poo together to do a quick suicide

Pissed Ape Sexist
Apr 19, 2008

There is no loving way she stopped drinking any water two weeks before dying.

Iprazochrome
Nov 3, 2008
Yeah sounds like she lied to get attention, false flag imo

batteries!
Aug 26, 2010
maybe shes still alive

maybe shes the op

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lonesomedwarf
Mar 22, 2010

how do they know that she was frustrated did she leave a diary i hope the last entry says "i am so hungry and thirsty. i just feel pain now. arrrrrgggggggghhhhhhhh--........................................"

• Locked thread