Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo
People should really check out KC. Great beer, great food, a (now) booming night life, low CoL, the best art/music scene in the Midwest (since everyone from Omaha finally just moved to KC) and lots of young people moving here for work.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
i lol @ the kids walking around in loafers, brightly colord shorts and polos in NC

thats such a weird cultural thing/look

glowing-fish
Feb 18, 2013

Keep grinding,
I hope you level up! :)

Crow_Rodeo posted:

People should really check out KC. Great beer, great food, a (now) booming night life, low CoL, the best art/music scene in the Midwest (since everyone from Omaha finally just moved to KC) and lots of young people moving here for work.

Which state is better?

Vlonald Prump
Aug 28, 2011

Here in America, you grab them by pussy. In old country, pussy grab you!!
Buglord

Waroduce posted:

i lol @ the kids walking around in loafers, brightly colord shorts and polos in NC

thats such a weird cultural thing/look

they're called WASPs Waroduce

appropriatemetaphor
Jan 26, 2006

i stayed in astoria for a bit, walkable with a lot of cool greek poo poo and can take the ol NQ out to manhattan for the big city life

Julius CSAR
Oct 3, 2007

by sebmojo

glowing-fish posted:

Which state is better?

Inside KC proper, Missouri. Outside of the city, in the metro/suburban area the Kansas side is better

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx

ethanol posted:

there isn't enough charlotte, nc on this list to be considered a serious dad list

http://www.theonion.com/articles/horrified-man-suddenly-realizes-hes-putting-down-r,35102/

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Tautologicus posted:

Boston doesn't care..get out

Very typical Boston.

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx
boston cares way too much, especially about new york

Lee Harvey Oswald
Mar 17, 2007

by exmarx
ive never been but houston seems like an unlivable shithole c/d?

glowing-fish
Feb 18, 2013

Keep grinding,

Lee Harvey Oswald posted:

ive never been but houston seems like an unlivable shithole c/d?

Your username/post almost works.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
This belongs here.

amuayse
Jul 20, 2013

by exmarx
I'm sad no one mentioned Honolulu

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

amuayse posted:

I'm sad no one mentioned Honolulu

I had no idea Waikiki was completely overrun with prostitutes until I went out to a few bars one night I was there.

amuayse
Jul 20, 2013

by exmarx

Chinatown posted:

I had no idea Waikiki was completely overrun with prostitutes until I went out to a few bars one night I was there.
At least it's not Waianae

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer
How can you hate Chicago or Milwaukee

good people there, basically unobjectionable

I mean you're not gonna fall in love or anything but... they're nice

LA is the biggest urban sprawl I've ever seen

feels like I kept driving by the same poo poo for an hour, it's like one of those lovely sandbox video games where they re-use model assets and you can't tell where you are

Like I assume there's cool stuff there but it's just a loving huge city

amuayse
Jul 20, 2013

by exmarx
The sky in LA is a weird yellowish green when I saw it

YarPirate
May 17, 2003
Hellion
http://scsuperman-the-legend.com

i nominate st. cloud, mn because we have our own version of superman who stands on street corners and vows (according to his website) to replace the police department by himself

that's pretty cool, right?

Action Yak
Nov 9, 2008

I want to defend St. Louis but it is a poo poo-hole. Basically everything worth visiting is in Forest Park. The Arch is really uninteresting.

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich
good cities in the south:

new orleans: owns bones. tons of culture. rips you off with a smile. impossible to be sober here
atlanta: so sprawling it's easy to ignore the parts of town where assholes hang out. trees everywhere
charlotte: i guess? baby atlanta. less traffic
tampa: small enough, most tolerable city in florida

ok cities in the south:

memphis: good food and music but super poor and depressing
nashville: kind of cool, still in tennessee
knoxville: nashville in the mountains. old hippies go here to die
houston: atlanta in a swamp
dallas: atlanta with zero charm
austin: not really the south
richmond: meh. salt lake city east of the mississippi river
charleston: very pretty, but probably sucks if you're not a wealthy white person
louisville: too old money. too close to indiana

bad cities in the south:

anywhere in the following states otherwise not mentioned: arkansas, alabama, florida, georgia, kentucky, mississippi, north carolina, south carolina, tennessee, virginia, west virginia
st. louis: awful, record breaking levels of racism, nothing to do
orlando: the rear end in a top hat of america
miami: overrated, plus not really the south

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

Grimey Drawer
nashville seems at the very least to be a good city to get drunk in for a weekend

England Sucks
Sep 19, 2014

by XyloJW
Lol this guy thinks Tampa is tolerable.

Miami is the best city in Florida. Culture abounds. All the nationals from south america live there. Great places to dance. Can't go wrong.

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Monkey Fracas posted:

nashville seems at the very least to be a good city to get drunk in for a weekend

only when you're bored of getting drunk in new orleans

England Sucks posted:

Miami is the best city in Florida. Culture abounds. All the nationals from south america live there. Great places to dance. Can't go wrong.

miami isn't the south. south florida is like a weird slice of caribbean america. it's also overrated

serious norman
Dec 13, 2007

im pickle rick!!!!
I've never been to the United States.

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Gary, Indiana scares me

not like in a "I'm gonna get mugged/shot" way but in a "existence is utterly futile, there is no hope" way

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
Tampa is a dirty shithole, the nigt life sucks, the bars suck, the clubs suck. The famous strip club was terrible, some high school poo poo.

Nice cigars tho

Sfl isnt overrated, u just dont know how to enjoy it

Waroduce
Aug 5, 2008
St.petersbrg was aite but it reminded me of a poorer, more run down, older fort Lauderdale

Fuckstick
Nov 30, 2000

I found Seattle and San Diego to be worth a poo poo.

wilfredmerriweathr
Jul 11, 2005

YarPirate posted:

http://scsuperman-the-legend.com

i nominate st. cloud, mn because we have our own version of superman who stands on street corners and vows (according to his website) to replace the police department by himself

that's pretty cool, right?

saint cloud is so loving lovely

dundun
Oct 29, 2005
H E R B

Waroduce posted:

Tampa is a dirty shithole, the nigt life sucks, the bars suck, the clubs suck. The famous strip club was terrible, some high school poo poo.

Nice cigars tho

Sfl isnt overrated, u just dont know how to enjoy it

lol look at this scrub too scared to go to Ybor City for nightlife. Also St. Petersburg got 60 inch LCD touchscreens on the outside of buildings that you can look up poo poo with, they been had money.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

amuayse posted:

The sky in LA is a weird yellowish green when I saw it

The funny thing is you only get really good smog viewing on clear days. There's often a lot of marine layer that comes in but when it's really clear you can see the NO2 bubble over the city. That only goes away after a good winter rain like twice a year.

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Monkey Fracas posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PbYUnehWQ1E

glowing-fish
Feb 18, 2013

Keep grinding,
I imagine that Nashville is the type of place where there is a lot of stuff to see in the music scene, but beyond that, it is kind of a mix of Midwestern and Southern boring. Basically a tourist town that once you are out of tourist stuff, there isn't much going on?

C/D?

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

(and can't post for 9 days!)

I probably got beat on this but:

op posted:

4. Any city in the deep south that isn't Atlanta: Birmingham, Little Rock, Oklahoma City, etc. BORING

Lee Harvey Oswald
Mar 17, 2007

by exmarx
atlanta is the worst

its suburbs house the worst people in america

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

(and can't post for 9 days!)

I can confirm. Atlanta is the worst city in america.

edit: you can trust me, I'm from there and I'm the worst poster in this thread. it rubs off

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

glowing-fish posted:

I imagine that Nashville is the type of place where there is a lot of stuff to see in the music scene, but beyond that, it is kind of a mix of Midwestern and Southern boring. Basically a tourist town that once you are out of tourist stuff, there isn't much going on?

C/D?

Yeah basically it's a big tourist trap but at least in the last decade became a bit more interesting due to big infusion of people from other states. Plus it doesn't have things that make city bearable like good mass transit and has lots of traffic problems.

It's also a strong blue area in the South.

No. 9
Feb 8, 2005

by R. Guyovich
Louisville is cool for where it's at. I was pleasantly surprised.

glowing-fish
Feb 18, 2013

Keep grinding,

Peanut President posted:

I can confirm. Atlanta is the worst city in america.

edit: you can trust me, I'm from there and I'm the worst poster in this thread. it rubs off

My serious reason for not dismissing Atlanta into the bad list was that Atlanta is probably the center of African-American culture in the south, and it would be a bit problematic of me to dismiss it out of hand.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

glowing-fish posted:

My serious reason for not dismissing Atlanta into the bad list was that Atlanta is probably the center of African-American culture in the south, and it would be a bit problematic of me to dismiss it out of hand.

yeah atlanta is like the epicenter of upper middle class black people

i live in atlanta and i regularly see black people jogging and playing tennis. where else do you see that poo poo

• Locked thread