Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
a neurotic ai
Mar 22, 2012
because I once built a computer and then I realised I could get geniuses to do it for me and now it just works.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pram
Jun 10, 2001
buy a mac op

KOTEX GOD OF BLOOD
Jul 7, 2012

hackintosh supremacy

a neurotic ai
Mar 22, 2012
this is what I did. I came to own a MacBook Pro with retina display 2013 edition and we have been happily married ever since.

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
my custom gaming rig is extremely powerful, op.

theadder
Dec 30, 2011

well i press the buy button at apple.com op so yes

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
if you want to get sick frags you need to build your own custom rig. that pre-purchased crap is for n00bs and lamers.

a neurotic ai
Mar 22, 2012
does it have flashy lights on it so that you know it's powerful Smythe?

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
it has no lights, op.

a neurotic ai
Mar 22, 2012
then how do u find it in the dark?

bobbilljim
May 29, 2013

this christmas feels like the very first christmas to me
:shittydog::shittydog::shittydog:
when u build your own pc computer you can put any number of fans in it that you like so my dream of having mor4e than ten fans in a glorious cacophony can be achieved

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003

Ocrassus posted:

then how do u find it in the dark?

The lamp, OP.

HAIL eSATA-n
Apr 7, 2007

i build my own computer because i like having nice things that are quiet and last a long time

i also play games and use windows so i am not very good at making decisions

PandaCookies
Mar 19, 2009

Delicious endangered confection!
I once tried to plug an ethernet cord into a 56k modem! Let me tell ya, that sure was a crazy night! Whew!

PuTTY riot
Nov 16, 2002
no, op but I've replaced everything but the motherboard and processor on a Frankenstein dell core 2 quad from 2006. suits my needs

a neurotic ai
Mar 22, 2012
I put together the parts for a 4k gaming rig for fun and then laughed at the cost and thought that there are actually people idiotic enough to buy that poo poo for reals.

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

postin from a hot little number i put together last year

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮

bobbilljim posted:

when u build your own pc computer you can put any number of fans in it that you like so my dream of having mor4e than ten fans in a glorious cacophony can be achieved

or no fans at all :supaburn:

bobbilljim
May 29, 2013

this christmas feels like the very first christmas to me
:shittydog::shittydog::shittydog:

PandaCookies posted:

I once tried to plug an ethernet cord into a 56k modem! Let me tell ya, that sure was a crazy night! Whew!

as if an rj45 plug would fit into an rj11 socket :cmon:

a rad dink
May 28, 2006

take me to your peener
i built my own pc out of legos. can i have a job?

Perplx
Jun 26, 2004

Best viewed on Orgasma Plasma
Lipstick Apathy
i haven't owned a "custom gaming rig" in 2 years, sometimes I think about making a watercooled gsync setup but then I call my sponsor and the urge passes

Laslow
Jul 18, 2007
if by "build" you mean have foxconn do 95% of the work instead of 100%, then sure.

Phoenixan
Jan 16, 2010

Just Keep Cool-idge
building your own computer has never been easier

Stymie
Jan 9, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
i don't use computers

a cyberpunk goose
May 21, 2007

waiting on the latest tape out of my home brew Von Newman architecture, I think I didn't gently caress up my cross bar so maybe my poo poo won't go into a weird HACF when DMA tries to contend for SRAM lol!!! only 10 more years before I can start on a proper graphics accelerator coprocessor

man shoveling all that silica rich sand and processing it by hand was a chore lemme tell ya, hope my custom lithography rig was well calibrated this time, 600nm here I come!! lol!!

theadder
Dec 30, 2011

id like to place an order mido

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
if you can't build a computer and have it function properly in 2014 then lol

poo poo is all color coded and super simple now it's like lego almost

Ericadia
Oct 31, 2007

Not A Unicorn
I've never built a computer, but i once bought a bunch of parts on new egg and assembled a computer

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

Moridin920 posted:

if you can't build a computer and have it function properly in 2014 then lol

poo poo is all color coded and super simple now it's like lego almost

and yet if i were to open the cj bin i would find five requests from people who don't know what to do about their mouse being unplugged

Widdiful
Oct 10, 2012

im in the process of doing so, op. when i get paid im going to buy some new computer parts and build a new compute from the scratch. ive used my current pc for so long now so im going to miss it a little, op. it is also a piece of poo poo so ill be glad that im never going to use it ever again.

A Wheezy Steampunk
Jul 16, 2006

High School Grads Eligible!

Smythe posted:

my custom gaming rig is extremely powerful, op.

same

Cold on a Cob
Feb 6, 2006

i've seen so much, i'm going blind
and i'm brain dead virtually

College Slice
the wifi in my desktop died so i used my airport express to extend my network and to plug ethernet into it because i'm too cheap to buy new crap for my winblows pc

one day the ssd or video card will die and i'll bin it because i prefer my mac now

One-Man-Bucket
Jan 6, 2004
The banjo is the superior instrument
I recently put an ssd in moms laptop from 2006, does that count op?

a neurotic ai
Mar 22, 2012
No. you should have taken it to a Genius Bar and the geniuses would have told you to bin that pos and instead purchase a new MacBook Air 2014 edition.

a cyberpunk goose
May 21, 2007

Ocrassus posted:

No. you should have taken it to a Genius Bar and the geniuses would have told you to bin that pos and instead purchase a new MacBook Air 2014 edition.

:kickflip:

Baxate
Feb 1, 2011

i send the design specs to tim cook and his army of chinese laborers build it for me, op

a neurotic ai
Mar 22, 2012
hi Jony, will you record a new video and speak softly into my ears about seamless design please?

SYSV Fanfic
Sep 9, 2003

by Pragmatica

YoOL 2006. What was the last year 68000 samples were given out?

PuTTY riot
Nov 16, 2002

keyvin posted:

YoOL 2006. What was the last year 68000 samples were given out?

im the wire management

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮
I should rebuild my old pentium 3 I still have the mboard/ram/gpu for

• Locked thread