Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

reminder that amazon is just an online Walmart that exploited it's cool 90s dot com bubble status and randianism to evade taxes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
it is morally correct to evade any tax you can.

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy
hey everyone im cremnob

lmao look at that non apple fail

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

my super liberal officemate who shares huffpost articles with me all goddamn day got rich from investing in amazon in the 90s, lol

FamDav
Mar 29, 2008

Werthog 95 posted:

my super liberal officemate who shares huffpost articles with me all goddamn day got rich from investing in amazon in the 90s, lol

then why does he sit next to you

theadder
Dec 30, 2011

lol

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

FamDav posted:

then why does he sit next to you

she spent all her money on a dumb house. her husband's a neurologist and she's a programmer and her parents own mines back in india. she has no concept of how privileged she is and it's really funny sometimes

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

like the one time we were out to lunch and she saw a panhandler and started going on about how nobody should ever be homeless because you should learn to save a few hundred bucks every paycheck

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 8 hours!
Slippery Tilde
yeah but gently caress publishers

BANME.sh posted:

book publishers have been notorious poo poo heads in the past so it's good that amazon is kicking them down a notch

thats my uneducated option, thanks for reading it

exactly

angry_keebler
Jul 16, 2006

In His presence the mountains quake and the hills melt away; the earth trembles and its people are destroyed. Who can stand before His fierce anger?

Sagebrush posted:

source your quotes please

as one example

if illiterate girls in second and third world countries can be trained to work in the garment industry despite all of the hardships they face then an adult american with all of his or her advantages can surely scrape together a few hundred dollars and start a small boutique/mtm clothing line and make at least part time minimum wage without being subjected to the indignities of life as a low skilled manual laborer

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 8 hours!
Slippery Tilde
it's funny because he has the name of a clown

A Curvy Goonette
Jul 3, 2007

"Anyone who enjoys MWO is a shitty player. You have to hate it in order to be pro like me."

I'm actually just very good at curb stomping randoms on a team. :ssh:
hey this thread is dumb im gonna post a bunch of pictures of dogs

peace

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

did you marry atomicthumbs or what

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

angry_keebler posted:

as one example

if illiterate girls in second and third world countries can be trained to work in the garment industry despite all of the hardships they face then an adult american with all of his or her advantages can surely scrape together a few hundred dollars and start a small boutique/mtm clothing line and make at least part time minimum wage without being subjected to the indignities of life as a low skilled manual laborer

1. lol if you think "starting a small boutique clothing line" is a reliable and effective way for a poor warehouse worked to improve their station

2. the vast majority of the people in america you're talking about who are destitute, unemployed, or homeless are in that state because they're mentally ill, not because they're lazy or something

angry_keebler
Jul 16, 2006

In His presence the mountains quake and the hills melt away; the earth trembles and its people are destroyed. Who can stand before His fierce anger?

Sagebrush posted:

1. lol if you think "starting a small boutique clothing line" is a reliable and effective way for a poor warehouse worked to improve their station

2. the vast majority of the people in america you're talking about who are destitute, unemployed, or homeless are in that state because they're mentally ill, not because they're lazy or something

jfc it was an example

and who is talking about crazy drunk bums we're talking about warehouse workers who don't have the guts to risk their humdrum comfort for success

if somebody has a part time menial no skill job a they can't come up with a way of making more money by working somewhere else or for themselves then lol

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Don't ask me about Sonic the Hedgehog diaper fetish

angry_keebler posted:

jfc it was an example

and who is talking about crazy drunk bums we're talking about warehouse workers who don't have the guts to risk their humdrum comfort for success

if somebody has a part time menial no skill job a they can't come up with a way of making more money by working somewhere else or for themselves then lol

:geno:

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

angry_keebler posted:

jfc it was an example

jfc

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

never thought I'd see the bootstraps argument applied unironically itt

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

if you're poor and unskilled, you just didn't have the guts. now lemme tell you about this john galt guy

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

As a computer man with hundreds of posts in the YOSPOS science fiction thread, let me tell you about how lazy those guys who pack my Star Wars dolls are

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

Displeased Moo Cow posted:

*rthymic chant* USA USA USA USA

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

lmao i have 18 kids to feed I'm not going to try to form a union

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

BONGHITZ posted:

lmao i have 18 kids to feed I'm not going to try to form a union

Yeah yo kids are gonna unionize against you

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

A Curvy Goonette posted:

hey this thread is dumb im gonna post a bunch of pictures of dogs

peace

no dogface, voted 1.

theadder
Dec 30, 2011

Citizen Tayne posted:

As a computer man with hundreds of posts in the YOSPOS science fiction thread, let me tell you about how lazy those guys who pack my Star Wars dolls are

lol

theadder
Dec 30, 2011

i had assumed it was satire tbh

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Maybe

theadder
Dec 30, 2011

is bezos gonna do a new fire phone soon

emoji
Jun 4, 2004
I'm the Amazon employees ITT afraid to criticize their company on yospos

cremnob
Jun 30, 2010

cool av

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

i saw an ad for a fire phone on the back of a magazine today. i noticed that no one looking in the general direction of the magazine rack was running off to buy a fire phone. lol amazon

angry_keebler
Jul 16, 2006

theadder posted:

i had assumed it was satire tbh

Ericadia
Oct 31, 2007

Not A Unicorn

angry_keebler posted:

as one example

lol

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

i don't know what the code is for the troll face emoticon and emoticons are blocked at work for some reason, so i hope i typed the troll face emoticon correctly.

ShadowHawk
Jun 25, 2000

CERTIFIED PRE OWNED TESLA OWNER
the article has a bit of a point and all but I feel like Amazon might also be responsible for the self-publishing existential threat to publishing companies

and no one should give a poo poo at all if all the publishers went out of business due to new tech that made everything better for authors and consumers

cremnob
Jun 30, 2010

self-publishing isnt a threat to publishers cause everything that comes out of self-publishing is complete garbage

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Don't ask me about Sonic the Hedgehog diaper fetish

cremnob posted:

complete garbage

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

cremnob posted:

self-publishing isnt a threat to publishers cause everything that comes out of self-publishing is complete garbage

also 95% of stuff that comes out of regular publishers though

• Locked thread