Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Monday_
Feb 18, 2006

Worked-up silent dork without sex ability seeks oblivion and demise.
The Great Twist

serious norman posted:

you all have terrible taste in the television medium

Look I know you're like 12 years old, and I've seen every single episode (except last night's) and enjoy most of them, but if you think the show is better now than it was 20 years ago you're out of your loving mind.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Monday_
Feb 18, 2006

The Great Twist

luncheon meat posted:

yeah I think there's like one photo of him and he's never done any kind of interview or anything. dude's the best and most people don't even know he exists

He famously refused to be on the DVD audio commentaries, so one time they called him up while recording and talked to him on speakerphone for a few minutes before telling him he's on the DVD, to which he responded "Too bad this isn't really John Swartzwelder".

Monday_
Feb 18, 2006

The Great Twist

Kleen_TheRowdyDog posted:

But the episodes weren't written by only one person. They had a whole bunch of staff writers to punch up scripts, re-work stuff, etc. and Conan was part of that as well during the classic years.

Conan was only on staff for a year and a half. He started at the beginning of season 4 and left part-way through season 5.

SHISHKABOB posted:

The thing is that the "animation" of an animated series is like, the least important part. They have computer programs to do it now, and it's a grunt work process of menial labor.

The people who do the character design are the actually important people. And then for a funny show like the Simpsons also the writers or w/e.

The show's still drawn by hand (and still on paper as far as I know, though they may have switched to WACOMs recently). It's only colored digitally.

Monday_
Feb 18, 2006

The Great Twist

Junk posted:

name one time Bart ever said "cowabunga"

It was mostly just a t-shirt slogan, but he does say it at the beginning of the season 2 episode "Bart Gets Hit by a Car".

Monday_
Feb 18, 2006

The Great Twist

luncheon meat posted:

yeah I was gonna type that but didn't want to seem like the kind of person who has sat around watching like 9 seasons of the simpsons dvd commentaries.

but I am :smith:

:smith::hf::smith:

Monday_ fucked around with this message at 04:29 on Oct 22, 2014

• Locked thread