Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
burritolingus
Nov 6, 2007

by Ralp
"It's bullshit that Family Guy got cancelled. Television always kills great shows."

I'm posing that as a question but it's not really a question, more of a statement really, so you don't have to answer or anything.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dexters Secret
Jun 19, 2014

the family guy x simpsons episode was pretty good

Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth

burritolingus posted:

"It's bullshit that Family Guy got cancelled. Television always kills great shows."

I'm posing that as a question but it's not really a question, more of a statement really, so you don't have to answer or anything.

Most of Fox's shows turn to poo poo eventually and the only "good" ones are the shows that get cancelled before they reach that point. See also Firefly and the fact that they cancelled it after only half a season kind of indicates how quickly you have to cancel a Josh Weadon show to keep him from making GBS threads it up

burritolingus
Nov 6, 2007

by Ralp

Dexters Secret posted:

the family guy x simpsons episode was pretty good

The one where Quagmire raped Marge until she loved him, then murdered the Simpsons?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rqdTjAgxL0Y ?

Dexters Secret
Jun 19, 2014

burritolingus posted:

The one where Quagmire raped Marge until she loved him, then murdered the Simpsons?

:geno:

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

family guy is actually a really good show but referencing it is not funny.

burritolingus
Nov 6, 2007

by Ralp

Yaldabaoth posted:

Most of Fox's shows turn to poo poo eventually and the only "good" ones are the shows that get cancelled before they reach that point. See also Firefly and the fact that they cancelled it after only half a season kind of indicates how quickly you have to cancel a Josh Weadon show to keep him from making GBS threads it up

That's pretty much every show on tv though.

Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth

burritolingus posted:

That's pretty much every show on tv though.

You're right, law amended to include all shows

1gnoirents
Jun 28, 2014

hello :)
I actually didn't know they got canceled.

xutech
Mar 4, 2011

EIIST

American Dad is funny, Family guy is unfunny dogshit.

Minorkos
Feb 20, 2010

burritolingus posted:

why

the culminator
Oct 29, 2012
When you think about it Family Guy had the same career arc as Spongebob

Really funny show that debuted in 1999
Went off the air in the early 2000s, came back in 2005 and turned to poo poo immediately

suprising similarities imo almost creepy

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

burritolingus posted:

uggggggggghhhhhh

burritolingus
Nov 6, 2007

by Ralp

1gnoirents posted:

I actually didn't know they got canceled.

Yep, after three seasons. Last episode didn't air until Cartoon Network picked it up because Antisemitism (I remember some people claiming Jews killed Family Guy). It had a cult following online for a time, and then they brought it back and here we are.

While it was off the air two of the writers made another cartoon show called 3 South that was pretty funny, mostly because it only had a single season, as is the fate of most animated shows on MTV. I think Bordertown is supposed to be its spiritual sequel but I don't know I haven't seen it.

burritolingus fucked around with this message at 15:54 on Oct 20, 2014

1gnoirents
Jun 28, 2014

hello :)

burritolingus posted:

Yep, after three seasons. Last episode didn't air until Cartoon Network picked it up because Antisemitism (I remember some people claiming Jews killed Family Guy). It had a cult following online for a time, and then they brought it back and here we are.

While it was off the air two of the writers made another cartoon show called 3 South that was pretty funny, mostly because it only had a single season, as is the fate of most animated shows on MTV.

oh actually I remember the first cancellation, nm. I thought it was cancelled now for good

last I heard brian died?

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

Mort Goldman is the best character on family guy by a million miles too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

burritolingus
Nov 6, 2007

by Ralp

1gnoirents posted:

oh actually I remember the first cancellation, nm. I thought it was cancelled now for good

last I heard brian died?

I heard they brought him back after three episodes or something.

• Locked thread