Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747
Haha, are they hoping to catch a smörgåsbrød or something?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BadOptics
Sep 11, 2012

Dongattack posted:

Haha, are they hoping to catch a smörgåsbrød or something?

Sweden stole all their communism.

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
i hope im not the only one that doesnt know that would be embarrassing

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747
Paging Putin to this thread, tia

r u ready to WALK
Sep 29, 2001

They're just looking for the closest IKEA so they can have some of those delicious swedish meatballs

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
after Ukraine comes Scandinavia

Less people and military in all of Scandinavia combined than in Ukraine

Roy
Sep 24, 2007
Russian defectors trying to jump ship to Glorious Sweden

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer
Why not?

concerned mom
Apr 22, 2003

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer
russia's only coastline is by kaliningrad so they have to send all their ships past sweden.

r u ready to WALK
Sep 29, 2001

I'm amazed Russia is actually trying to blame the Netherlands, as an extra gently caress you after shooting down that passenger jet full of Dutch citizens I guess

rezatahs
Jun 9, 2001

by Smythe
what's on a russian sub anyways? like beets and potatoes? sad sandwich

1gnoirents
Jun 28, 2014

hello :)
amazing how our deployment of an armored division there barely made the news, with the very open concept that "if you come here we will fight you Russia". typically that's kind of huge news but eh

Robert Red Rocket
Apr 28, 2013

CHEATED ON HIS WIFE, SLEPT WITH PROSTITUTES ON FBI TAPES, JACQUELINE KENNEDY SAID MLK WAS TAPE-RECORDED BY FBI PLANNING A SEX PARTY
Someone's just Putin submarines down into the waters.

Redmanred
Aug 29, 2005

My hometown japan
:japan:

rezatahs posted:

You dip that in Vodka served in a ripped in half 1 liter soda bottle.

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer

rezatahs posted:

Borscht and cod roe.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
i hope u (world) comes to our defenses when russia inevitably tries to ivnade scandinavia again

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747

Zzulu posted:

i hope u (world) comes to our defenses when russia inevitably tries to ivnade scandinavia again

lmao they wont

Hippie Hedgehog
Feb 19, 2007

Ever cuddled a hedgehog?

1gnoirents posted:

amazing how our deployment of an armored division there barely made the news, with the very open concept that "if you come here we will fight you Russia". typically that's kind of huge news but eh

Who's "we"? And where did you deploy your tanks?

Dongattack
Dec 20, 2006

by Cyrano4747
america might come to norways aid tho to apprehend some oil

1gnoirents
Jun 28, 2014

Zzulu posted:

http://www.reuters.com/article/2014/10/01/us-ukraine-crisis-baltic-usa-idUSKCN0HQ33720141001

it will be a different situation if they do

School Nickname
Apr 23, 2010

*fffffff-fffaaaaaaarrrtt*
:ussr:
crew got drunk (or took the famous TCC Russian hell drug), collided with a whale, torpedoed another and then got lost

Whorelord
May 1, 2013

Jump into the well...

error1 posted:

I'm amazed Russia is actually trying to blame the Netherlands, as an extra gently caress you after shooting down that passenger jet full of Dutch citizens I guess

the flags are pretty similar

Rambling Robot
Sep 13, 2011
Duggar Fan Club Superstar #1 LOL

error1 posted:

They're just looking for the closest IKEA so they can have some of those delicious swedish meatballs

More Western propaganda I see.

Russia (11 stores) 2000

Store Opened m2
Adygea Adygea-Kuban 2008 27,100
Kazan 2004 23,700
Moscow Belaya Dacha 2005 28,300
Moscow Khimki 2000 31,600
Moscow Teply Stan 2001 29,800
Nizhniy Novgorod 2006 25,300
Novosibirsk 2007 27,100
Omsk 2009 27,000
Rostov-on-Don 2007 27,100
St Petersburg Dybenko 2003 31,000
St Petersburg Parnas 2006 25,300
Yekaterinburg 2006 25,300

Feindfeuer
Jun 20, 2013

shoot men, receive credits
The Baltic fleet has how many submarines left in operation? Two aging Kilo Class boats and that one single Lada*. I doubt it's russian, and if it is they probably got lost as their nav equipment failed and the russians hope it sinks so deep nobody finds it so they can keep claiming they still have three boats in serice in that region.

*edit
That seems to have been reassigned to the northern fleet for further testing, cause it still sucks and is not fit for service, so there are only two aging Kilo class subs left in the baltic fleet.

Feindfeuer fucked around with this message at 18:01 on Oct 20, 2014

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!

School Nickname posted:

crew got drunk (or took the famous TCC Russian hell drug), collided with a whale, torpedoed another and then got lost

this made me lol p hard

1gnoirents
Jun 28, 2014

Feindfeuer posted:

The Baltic fleet has how many submarines left in operation? Two aging Kilo Class boats and a single Lada. I doubt it's russian, and if it is they probably got lost as their nav equipment failed and the russians hope it sinks so deep nobody finds it so they can keep claiming they still have three boats in serice in that region.

theyve reopened a base there and have been retrofitting those old cold war diesels for a while now, and building new ones as well. they're way into the micro subs as well

Feindfeuer
Jun 20, 2013

shoot men, receive credits
Yes, they have to retrofit the ones that survived the fall of the soviet union because most of them were hardly sea worthy anymore. Also turns out that the single Lada that exists was reassigned to the northern fleet, cause it's still an unsuable piece of poo poo that doesn't work and needs further testing and trials before it has any chance of beeing accepted into service.

That leaves the baltic fleet with two Kilos that are retrofitted to a standard of not-falling-apart and an unkown number of unkown mini-subs. Which is pretty neat, cause if those sink somewhere off the coast of sweden they can hide the disapearance of the crew a lot easier than with a full sized sub going missing.

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

why are the subs going so fast? cause their "russian"

hackbunny
Jul 22, 2007

I haven't been on SA for years but the person who gave me my previous av as a joke felt guilty for doing so and decided to get me a non-shitty av
Russia sea power is poo poo, always been. taking crimea is, in fact, a pretty obvious move for a virtually landlocked power

1gnoirents
Jun 28, 2014

I know subs are scary if you're in a ship, although in reality subs are scary because nukes.

but torpedo warfare seems so ............. outdated. I would figure you could shoot torpedos with other smaller torpedos all day long and two subs "fighting" would have to ram each other to death

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!
crimea seems like a cool place to go on vacation

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Putin wants to gently caress with Sweden op.

the fart question
Mar 21, 2007

College Slice
the answer is that apparently raking in huge piles of cash isn't enough for putin

Iseeyouseemeseeyou
Jan 3, 2011

Fetus Tree posted:

crimea seems like a cool place to go on vacation

crimea river

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

gender illusionist posted:

the answer is that apparently raking in huge piles of cash isn't enough for putin

Dude unironically believes he is the new gatherer of the Russian lands.

Frozen Horse
Aug 6, 2007
Just a humble wandering street philosopher.

hackbunny posted:

Russia sea power is poo poo, always been...

What do you mean, they have total naval dominance in the Sea of Azov.

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!

at first i got mad that you were insulting me but then i got the joke, well done

Al Cowens
Aug 11, 2004

by WE B Bourgeois
woop woop back up that sub too fast

Yivgev
May 19, 2004

i brought my +1 ak-47

Dongattack posted:

Paging Putin to this thread, tia

Hello.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU