Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lets! Get! Weird!
Aug 18, 2012

Black King Bazinga

A Stupid Baby posted:

also Sacraboar was pretty good and Super Monday Night Combat could have been good if the creeps didnt die so fast

Literally impossible for SMNC to ever be good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lets! Get! Weird!
Aug 18, 2012

Black King Bazinga
Studio's favorite moba is loving Roundabout

Lets! Get! Weird!
Aug 18, 2012

Black King Bazinga

Kelp Plankton posted:

i enjoyed super monday night combat a lot and wish it had stuck around longer and gotten improved as a whole instead of the developer focusing on queue splitting and monetization

i also enjoy heroes of the storm since it is focused on fighting other players and short cooldowns and less technical stuff like last hitting or denying. but most importantly. xp is shared across your whole team. games where you are competing against your teammates and also the other team are not fun to me. competitive pve or competitive pvp but not both thanks

MNC was good and SMNC was hot garbage. HOTS sucks too. Christ you're all dumb.

Smite woulda been cool if it didn't have a lovely jungle and ridiclous LoL skins like ghetto baby god.

Also LoL remade the best hero into stupid grimdark poo poo.

Also Dota has taken like five years to port already made heroes.

Lets! Get! Weird!
Aug 18, 2012

Black King Bazinga

Widestancer posted:

What defines depth in a MOBA?

http://hydra-media.cursecdn.com/dota2.gamepedia.com/7/7b/Enig_ability_black_03.mp3

Lets! Get! Weird!
Aug 18, 2012

Black King Bazinga

Lets! Get! Weird!
Aug 18, 2012

Black King Bazinga

On the other hand, dota still doesn't have all the heroes after twenty years out of beta...

Lets! Get! Weird!
Aug 18, 2012

Black King Bazinga

The Grumbles posted:

One thing I 'like' about Dota 2 is it's still got a load of weird quirks in the client and a general lack of QA, like there's no standardization for how things are explained in tooltips for example. Or the 'accept match' button sometimes doesn't work and needs a few clicks. Even though unlike the Warcraft 3 mod the client is specifically built for Dota there are a ton of these seams showing where it seems like valve don't really give a poo poo about the whole thing feeling super polished. In that sense it keeps the 'my friend's eccentric dad made this in the garage' spirit of the original Warcraft 3 mod very much alive

Sadly LoL captures that vibe a lot better...a strike against dota.

Lets! Get! Weird!
Aug 18, 2012

Black King Bazinga

Mayheim posted:

One game lets you play as beautiful anime girls, the other game looks like this:

Want dat Tiny cosmetic.

Lets! Get! Weird!
Aug 18, 2012

Black King Bazinga
The term "MOBA" was invented by a pedophile. I'm unsure if he too liked Star Trek but make with that what you will.

Lets! Get! Weird!
Aug 18, 2012

Black King Bazinga
You should play LoL instead. serious

Lets! Get! Weird!
Aug 18, 2012

Black King Bazinga
lol "neat Blizzard heroes"

This is a game that put a nobody as the tank instead of Edmund Duke.

Lets! Get! Weird!
Aug 18, 2012

Black King Bazinga

fadam posted:

Actually Sergeant Hammer rules.

Nah that aint even a real character.

Lets! Get! Weird!
Aug 18, 2012

Black King Bazinga

fadam posted:

Hearthstone rules and HotS is great so I guess so?

lol HotS is the worst.

Lets! Get! Weird!
Aug 18, 2012

Black King Bazinga

The Grumbles posted:

edit: i wish we lived in an alternate universe where demigod's online worked properly at launch and the game became wildly popular. does anyone remember that one dude who was a big ol robot with normal sized dudes firing arrows out of his shoulders that were also battlements

Rook.

Lets! Get! Weird!
Aug 18, 2012

Black King Bazinga

Sazabi_Master posted:

Well since LOL is a polished version of DOTA, I think the answer is quite simple.

lol yeah a polished turd

Lets! Get! Weird!
Aug 18, 2012

Black King Bazinga

Falsum posted:

The more polished one is the one that uses the same middle mouse dragging as your internet browser.

I dont even know which one this is since you're supposed to use edge panning...

Lets! Get! Weird!
Aug 18, 2012

Black King Bazinga
That's all video games.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lets! Get! Weird!
Aug 18, 2012

Black King Bazinga
Don't forget the Workaholics name plebs.

• Locked thread