Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Al Borland
Oct 29, 2006

by XyloJW

SLAMMYsosa posted:

imo if youre at dennys for lunch youre asking to get murder suicided

The married couple thing is like grounds for divorce.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

concerned mom
Apr 22, 2003

by Lowtax
Grimey Drawer
Go to drive-through, order 3 separate meals each with a different drink, sit in car outside eating all three meals

serious norman
Dec 13, 2007

im pickle rick!!!!
Eating a home cooked meal by yourself

Steampunk iPhone
Sep 2, 2009

by XyloJW
Remember the goon who got shot to death by cops for pulling a dine and dash at Denny's (alone) and when his parents learned that their young son had just been brutally murdered over $20 of poo poo food they were like "well, the officer did what he had to do, god bless him"

That's my favourite Dennys story

Chumbawumba4ever97
Dec 31, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
I remember when Pizza Hut used to be this huge place people would have parties at or get together at after a tee ball game and they would be packed out with customers and now they're these tiny things that look like a place you'd buy prepaid phone cards from. What the hell happened?

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Uncle at Nintendo posted:

I remember when Pizza Hut used to be this huge place people would have parties at or get together at after a tee ball game and they would be packed out with customers and now they're these tiny things that look like a place you'd buy prepaid phone cards from. What the hell happened?

they stopped buying those sick short films at the start of vhs movies

iiiii plaaaay riiight field, it's important you know

Squashing Machine
Jul 5, 2005

I mean boning, the wild mambo, the hunka chunka

SpicyMeatSandwich posted:

I enjoy eating alone at sad gas station fast food restaurants. Here is me IRL:

That's me in the corner
That's me in the Subway
Choosing my condiments

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

serious norman posted:

Eating a home cooked meal by yourself

I always eat alone :smith:

Spider Helidon
Nov 4, 2010

by XyloJW
I wanna go to a restaurant that only has tables for one and the windows have some false-reflection thingy where when you look out, it's like you're looking in at a happy family eating christmas dinner.

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!

Al Borland posted:

Surprisingly I like red lobster though.

red lobster isnt that bad tbh. i live in boston and we have plenty of places to go, so the only time ive been to red lobster was during a trip to orlando.

but it wasnt bad

however: see my earlier posts re: red lobster bc thats also true. its not a problem but its just weird/depressing imo

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

Quick! Restaurants it's okay to dine in at alone

jBrereton
May 30, 2013
Grimey Drawer

littleorv posted:

Hospital cafeteria, if you're the last living relative of someone dying.

Rapman the Cook
Aug 24, 2013

by Ralp
Getting meals on wheels/weight watchers delivered. And youre not even fat/crippled.

Kleen_TheRacistDog
Feb 17, 2014

Can't bust the Krust fuckman
www.skullmund.com

littleorv posted:

Hooters

Rapman the Cook
Aug 24, 2013

by Ralp
Strip club breakfast buffet

jarjarbinksfan621
Mar 4, 2012
i'm sitting indian style on my mattress that is on the floor in my room eating a bag of kroger brand salt and vinegar chips and a bag of chocolate flipz pretzels with a bottle of cream soda. all i had to eat today prior is a pack of ramen and a little debbie's boston creme roll, so this is my dinner. i'm listening to a video game podcast while browsing gbs. my weekend just started (tues/wed off work) and this is likely the peak.

Scrotum Modem
Sep 12, 2014

TheRatboyGenius posted:

I ate at Doobie's Dog House not to long ago. It was empty and the guy serving me seemed a little on edge. It was also very quiet, the sound of the ceiling fan was the only thing that could be heard.

looks like that guy took your pic too

Spider Helidon
Nov 4, 2010

by XyloJW
Eating the daily lunch special sitting by yourself on a stool at the bar, desperately trying to unload your woes onto the bartender, who keeps trying to look super busy despite there being only two other patrons in the venue. With each awkward piece of small-talk the bartender throws your way out of pity, you try to steer the conversation back to your troubles. "Ha, if you think the weather today is bitter, you've never met my ex-wife", "you remind me of my daughter. She'd be about your age by now... wonder how she's doing", "this salad reminds me of my parents fighting. They're dead by now, of course". The bartender excuses herself and makes a longer-than-necessary lap of the near-empty floor, wiping unused tables and adjusting furniture. She clears your plate, keeping her arms fully outstretched, making sure not to get any closer than she has to. When she returns, it is apparent that the backbar is in desperate need of dusting, as she turns her back to you and begins pulling the bottles off the shelf, meticulously wiping each of them down. This continues for half an hour as you sip at your OJ (or 'virgin screwdriver' as you jokingly ordered it as, heh heh). You look at her reflection in the mirrored shelving... she really does look like Rachel... You haven't seen her or her mother in 18 years... You haven't had a drink since the day after, but hell, it's your 50th, the big five-oh.

"a double please, doesn't matter what"

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

drat I've never had problems with depression in my life but this thread may get me there.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

I'd say Hooters is at least as sad as Denny's because you're not only paying for poo poo food, you're also paying for women to pretend to be attracted to you

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer
Hooters is fuckin weird

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

raditts posted:

I'd say Hooters is at least as sad as Denny's because you're not only paying for poo poo food, you're also paying for women to pretend to be attracted to you

Hooters is pretty sad, at least man up and go to an actual strip club and eat their lovely bar food.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Iron Crowned posted:

Hooters is pretty sad, at least man up and go to an actual strip club and eat their lovely bar food.

But if I tip her extra she'll give me her phone number I bet :3:

Yivgev
May 19, 2004

i brought my +1 ak-47

Spider Helidon posted:

At one of the peaks of depression/alcoholism, I woke up at 4pm on a Monday, lay down on the couch staring at the wall, shaking and cold-sweating for several hours until the hunger pangs finally motivated me to make the 90-second walk to my local pub. I can't remember if I wore shoes. They were doing a 2-for-1 steak night, so I ordered 2. I started overthinking things, and ordered two pints as well in some misguided attempt to make it look like I was ordering ahead for some imaginary friend who would be joining me. I sat down at a table for two in the middle of the room (and was the only person in a 60-seat dining room), with one pint on either side of the table. When the food came out, I started feeling even more self-conscious and awkward, like the staff would be thinking I'd been stood up. So I ate both meals and drank both pints in about 5 minutes and made a hasty exit, stopping by the bottle shop for some of the sweet, sweet rum that I knew would make everything ok.

whoa

Tricky D
Apr 1, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

littleorv posted:

The bar down the street from the courthouse because I'm on jury duty and have to have a pint.

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

Tricky D posted:

The bar down the street from the courthouse because I'm on jury duty and have to have a pint.

lol if you don't pretend to be racist to get out of jury duty

For example: "drat white people are just the worst"

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

littleorv posted:

Blaming Obama for things works too.

Tricky D
Apr 1, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

littleorv posted:

Jury duty is cool and fun. Especially if you get a little sauced for it.

littleorv
Jan 29, 2011

As an injun I don't want to reinforce the stereotype by showing up to jury duty drunk. I'll lie about being racist and get drunk in the comfort of my own home on cheap beer like a good indian instead.

Howard Beale
Feb 22, 2001

It's like this, Peanut

Gimp Fack posted:

looks like that guy took your pic too

that man delivers dog food for a living

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

nomadologique posted:

but lierally the mall food court alone midday is actually thew orst

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames
P Hut was p cool back in the day. You could go there with your family and use your Book It! certificate for a free PERSONAL pizza, and drink all the Pepsi you wanted out of their cool red glasses. Also, tons of free 'toppings' at the table like red pepper, cheese, and garlic. P awesome, also went there with my hs gf before we lost our v cards, so really a good place if you ask me.

Myron Baloney
Mar 19, 2002

Emitting dimensions are swallowing you

LifeSizePotato posted:

are any of the pizzas pan pepperoni? it's not worth risking going in there if it's not

IIRC there was always deep dish pepperoni and deep dish sausage and 4-5 other kinds, they keep pizzas coming constantly and you can ask the pizza bringers for whatever you want and they'll see that it gets made next. When you saw a guy bringing a taco pizza or the dessert pizzas which were like giant fruit danishes you knew a fattie stampede was imminent.

Howard Beale
Feb 22, 2001

It's like this, Peanut

Michael Corleone posted:

P Hut was p cool back in the day. You could go there with your family and use your Book It! certificate for a free PERSONAL pizza, and drink all the Pepsi you wanted out of their cool red glasses. Also, tons of free 'toppings' at the table like red pepper, cheese, and garlic. P awesome, also went there with my hs gf before we lost our v cards, so really a good place if you ask me.

our pizza hut had a neo geo arcade cabinet and we were all like DAD you DON'T UNDERSTAND if you bought a neo geo it would be SEVEN HUNDRED BUCKS but here we can play it for just FIFTY CENTS

Moral_Hazard
Aug 21, 2012

Rich Kid of Insurancegram
Sometimes the shi shi joint in Manhattan filled with Beautiful People trying to out beauty each other appears sadder to me than the lone retiree in a gas station fast food place. The Beautiful People are trying so hard to be the most important person in the room whereas the retiree is content in enjoying simple fare.

turbomoose
Nov 29, 2008
Playing the banjo can be a relaxing activity and create lifelong friendships!
\
:backtowork:
Dave and Busters after an intense DDR session

LifeSizePotato
Mar 3, 2005

Michael Corleone posted:

i enjoyed reading this as if you were michael corleone in real life

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

MoraleHazard posted:

Sometimes the shi shi joint in Manhattan filled with Beautiful People trying to out beauty each other appears sadder to me than the lone retiree in a gas station fast food place. The Beautiful People are trying so hard to be the most important person in the room whereas the retiree is content in enjoying simple fare.

otoh the retiree is going to take half his gas station meal home for dinner because hes on a fixed income, meanwhile the beautiful people are going to go have new and exciting forms of sex that are only legal because the feds havent heard of them yet

Howard Beale
Feb 22, 2001

It's like this, Peanut

paranoid randroid posted:

otoh the retiree is going to take half his gas station meal home for dinner because hes on a fixed income, meanwhile the beautiful people are going to go have new and exciting forms of sex that are only legal because the feds havent heard of them yet

amyl nitrate isn't new

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Michael Corleone
Mar 30, 2011

by VideoGames

LifeSizePotato posted:

i enjoyed reading this as if you were michael corleone in real life

Pizza Hut was pretty nice back in the day. You go there with your family, get a free personal pan pizza with your Book It! certificate, and you drank all the Pepsi you wanted out of classy red plastic glasses. Also, there were a ton of free "toppings" at the table- red pepper, garlic, cheeses, you name it, they had it.

I took my old high school sweetheart there the night we lost our virginity, so really it only brings back good memories for me.

Now everything has changed. The companies only care about profits and share holders now, not the pizza anymore.

• Locked thread