Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LifeSizePotato
Mar 3, 2005

pizza hut

imagine being a 45-year-old man eating alone inside a pizza hut on a friday night :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SIDS Vicious
Jan 1, 1970

haha yeah...haha "imagine" right guys, ha

ShaqDiesel
Mar 21, 2013
Im going with KFC

Verisimilidude
Dec 20, 2006

Strike quick and hurry at him,
not caring to hit or miss.
So that you dishonor him before the judges

Dennys

LifeSizePotato
Mar 3, 2005

like have you ever been inside a pizza hut? it's dimly lit and kind of dirty and the furniture and decor is straight out of their 1984 glory days, but they have "wait staff" to try to make it feel like a real restaurant

Verisimilidude
Dec 20, 2006

Strike quick and hurry at him,
not caring to hit or miss.
So that you dishonor him before the judges

If a nice night out involves taking the family to Applebees then you should probably just kill yourself

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!
im thinking of going to taco bell

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx

Verisimilidude posted:

If a nice night out involves taking the family to Applebees then you should probably just kill yourself

if you have a family you should just murder-suicide on outta here

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle
its golden corral doofuses

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
Club 99

Portals
Apr 18, 2012

hometown buffet

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!

Portals posted:

hometown buffet

lol yiss

but also any buffet

but perhaps also specifically that one

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

Shoneys

CommonTerry
Dec 16, 2013

good is soda grape

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Fetus Tree posted:

lol yiss

but also any buffet

but perhaps also specifically that one

Indian Buffets exempt from this rule as even the cheapest of them is exotic and classy.

Dogo
Sep 24, 2007
Wal-Mart McDonalds. Not as part of a shopping trip.

Extra Large Marge
Jan 21, 2004

Fun Shoe
George Webb

Nathilus
Apr 4, 2002

I alone can see through the media bias.

I'm also stupid on a scale that can only be measured in Reddits.

LifeSizePotato posted:

like have you ever been inside a pizza hut? it's dimly lit and kind of dirty and the furniture and decor is straight out of their 1984 glory days, but they have "wait staff" to try to make it feel like a real restaurant

exactly? you just proved yourself wrong? this is why dining in at pizza hut owns. it feels like eating pizza in a lovely 80s tavern A+++++++

for me the clear victor is Jim's. No one outside of san antonio has heard of this chain, fortunately. Its like IHOP but as ghetto as waffle house and with far worse food. words don't truly do it justice though. you'd have to visit to really understand.

xutech
Mar 4, 2011

EIIST

Steak. Seafood. Salad. Sizzler.

Effectronica
May 31, 2011
Fallen Rib
Sometimes drive-in restaurants, the handful that are still left, have cramped dining areas for people who don't want to have rollerblading waitstaff bring out a tray loaded with coney dogs, fries, and milkshakes to their car. That's about as sad as you can get.

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

DUNK A DILL PICKLE REALDO
dining in at the mall food court by yourself in the middle of a tuesday is more sad imho

Khorne
May 1, 2002

LifeSizePotato posted:

pizza hut

imagine being a 45-year-old man eating alone inside a pizza hut on a friday night :smith:
Dominos is worse. At least pizza hut has a ton of seating and some fountain soda. Dominos has a single table, if that, and they don't expect you to dine in.

LifeSizePotato
Mar 3, 2005

Khorne posted:

Dominos is worse. At least pizza hut has a ton of seating and some fountain soda. Dominos has a single table, if that, and they don't expect you to dine in.

the way i sees it, that makes pizza hut sadder, because at least domino's knows that nobody eats fast food pizza at the restaurant, they eat it amongst friends and family at events and parties. pizza hut still thinks it's like, a place to go, a destination in itself.

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

gently caress

btw this thread and the other one with psyopmonkey's pizza bullshit in it

i really want pizza

might have to order pizza for dinner tonight

gently caress me in my butt i can't really afford this but my appetite demands it!

Libelous Slander
May 1, 2009

... you're just creepy ...
Little Caesar's

LifeSizePotato
Mar 3, 2005

nomadologique posted:

gently caress

btw this thread and the other one with psyopmonkey's pizza bullshit in it

i really want pizza

might have to order pizza for dinner tonight

gently caress me in my butt i can't really afford this but my appetite demands it!

go find a table at your local pizza hut

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!

LifeSizePotato posted:

the way i sees it, that makes pizza hut sadder, because at least domino's knows that nobody eats fast food pizza at the restaurant, they eat it amongst friends and family at events and parties. pizza hut still thinks it's like, a place to go, a destination in itself.

lol pizza hut be trippin

i dont think ive been in one since they were giving away cool x-men cups in like 1993 or some poo poo

i probably havent had their pizza period in almost 20 years

its really not terrible, going by memory

LifeSizePotato
Mar 3, 2005

Fetus Tree posted:

lol pizza hut be trippin

i dont think ive been in one since they were giving away cool x-men cups in like 1993 or some poo poo

i probably havent had their pizza period in almost 20 years

its really not terrible, going by memory

their pan pizza is pretty okay, as far as fast food za goes. i did try a thin crust though recently and it literally tasted like garbage frozen pizza.

my fondest p'hut memory was i think i got the cassette tape of this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dE8Vyq2nx1A

whatis
Jun 6, 2012
its ponderosa

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

pizza hut invented stuffed crust, forever securing their place in the halls of pizza history and fame

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!

nomadologique posted:

pizza hut invented stuffed crust, forever securing their place in the halls of pizza history and fame

yes their contribution of the stuffed crust certainly secured their mark on the annals of pizza

salty fries make me cry
Oct 3, 2007

~~i'm outside ur window~~
~throwin bricks at teh moon~

whatis posted:

its ponderosa

The one in my town was advertising a Mother's Day special and that was one of the saddest things I've ever seen.

Agent Escalus
Oct 5, 2002

"I couldn't stop saying aloud how miscast Jim Carrey was!"
Swiss Chalet. But that's only here in Canada. Cheapo roast chicken and ribs, with mediocre quality of everything. I'd even go so far as to declare that Denny's has better quality food.

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
im going to guess "the restaurant of misery"

Jackie D
May 27, 2009

Democracy is like a tambourine - not everyone can be trusted with it.

nomadologique posted:

:agreed:

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob

Agent Escalus posted:

Swiss Chalet. But that's only here in Canada. Cheapo roast chicken and ribs, with mediocre quality of everything. I'd even go so far as to declare that Denny's has better quality food.

umm swiss chalet has finger bowls it's p. classy

house of the dad
Jul 4, 2005

I almost choked to death on a mozz stick at Denny's. That's could have been where I died and would be my last remaining vision: the inside of a Denny's

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
they don't even bury you if you die at dennys, they just put you out in the parking lot for the gulls

Nathilus
Apr 4, 2002

I alone can see through the media bias.

I'm also stupid on a scale that can only be measured in Reddits.

gigawhite posted:

I almost choked to death on a mozz stick at Denny's. That's could have been where I died and would be my last remaining vision: the inside of a Denny's

i assume this prompted you to straighten your life up and/or find the light of Krishna?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!
i would rather choke on a mozz stick @ dennys and die young than get choked by my jowls as i lumber my heft up the stairs after a lifetime of eating dennys

• Locked thread