Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Ramsay's method for making scrambled eggs is the only way to do it.

If I go out for a breakfast or get eggs in the restaurant at work they are 'hard scrambled' and I will often put a SMALL amount of ketchup on them and the hashbrowns concurrently. This is followed by hot sauce. If I had to wager a guess I would say it was a 2:1 ratio of hotsauce to ketchup and both are used sparingly so as not to drown the food.

Now....suck my dick.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!

deadwing posted:

i eat korean ramen, pretty sure that putting sriracha in it would make it less spicy

yeah i dont think that making food super spicy is a v enjoyable experience

more power to anybody that does

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

Fetus Tree posted:

when I get home from work and am feeling congested as gently caress, there is nothing finer than a couple IPAs and a bowl of shin ramyun or paldo namja. clears the sinuses right the gently caress out

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Also I'd like to add this for clarification - I only do this for hard-scrambled eggs.
Sunny side up eggs, or hard boiled eggs for example, I use only hotsauce, if anything on.

Furthermore, I make and consume my own pickled eggs, the vast majority of which would never need a condiment to enhance them.

Thank you.

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!
ya but if youre pickling your own eggs you basically get to pick how the brine tastes and thats almost like a pre-condiment

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Yes I know but people are idiots so I pre-explained it

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!

Big Beef City posted:

Yes I know but people are idiots so I pre-explained it

my post was more for the benefit of goons that think you can only pickle a cucumber and that it only tastes like dill

Homo Simpson
Oct 21, 2014

by Smythe
Lipstick Apathy
It depends if the eggs are scrambled or not...

Topographic Nap
Apr 22, 2007

McDonalds $1 sausage burritos are worth the hit to your cholesterol level and the increased risk of colon cancer. 3 is plenty by the way. If you go for 5 you better not be working for the next 48 hours and your significant other needs to be out of town.

Chris Awful
Oct 2, 2005

Tell your friends they don't have to be scared or hungry anymore comrades.
I puts syrup on my eggs. Scandalous!

Vorik
Mar 27, 2014

Winter Fresh posted:

Only hot sauce you stupid bitch

only manchildren put hot sauce on eggs

the only thing you should put on eggs ever is syrup if you are also eating pancakes and bacon

Harime Nui
Apr 15, 2008

The New Insincerity
the Canadians are invading this thread!

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!

Vorik posted:

only manchildren put hot sauce on eggs

the only thing you should put on eggs ever is syrup if you are also eating pancakes and bacon

butter also goes p well on eggs :mrgw:

The Dregs
Dec 29, 2005

MY TREEEEEEEE!
I try to set up a dam so my syrup never approaches my eggs. If it is breached, then the despoiled bit of egg is tossed to the dog.

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

The Dregs posted:

I try to set up a dam so my syrup never approaches my eggs. If it is breached, then the despoiled bit of egg is tossed to the dog.

is it a sausage dam?

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!

Big Beef City posted:

is it a sausage dam?

that doesnt seem like itd be a reliable dam

Muttonchips
Jun 5, 2014

by Shine
Only reason Sriacha is popular is because it masks flavor

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Fetus Tree posted:

that doesnt seem like itd be a reliable dam

A responsibly built sausage dam has been known to hold up to even extended brunches. Proper egg and sausage placement, in addition to plate-edge-protection usage is key to keeping your eggs syrup free.

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!

Muttonchips posted:

Only reason Sriacha is popular is because it masks flavor

tbf thats p much the only reason any spice ever was popular, and that flavor was usually 'rot'

E: if it wasnt 9:30 pm i would actually be so down to make castles/dams out of food itt

Muttonchips
Jun 5, 2014

by Shine

Fetus Tree posted:

tbf thats p much the only reason any spice ever was popular, and that flavor was usually 'rot'

I seem to remember this was why pepper was considered an exotic spice but I can't recall the exact details.

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!

Muttonchips posted:

I seem to remember this was why pepper was considered an exotic spice but I can't recall the exact details.

salt would preserve meat, other spices would mask yucky flavors

im not an expert really but if you like history & food, studying the spice trade and migration of different dishes due to conquering armies and what not is actually pretty interesting

like the empanada, staple food here in the americas, was introduce to the spaniards by the moors and then here by Conquistadors

Shroomie
Jul 31, 2008

50% of the time I use hot sauce
15% of the time I use salsa
35% of the time I use just salt & pepper
0% of the time I use ketchup

Big Beef City
Aug 15, 2013

Alexander the Great introduced nutmeg to Australia.

Arri
Jun 11, 2005
NpNp
bad person from history loved ketchup on eggs

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.
Ketchup and eggs just don't go together. What I like is hard-boiled eggs in a mustard sauce with capers, though.

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!

Cardiovorax posted:

Ketchup and eggs just don't go together. What I like is hard-boiled eggs in a mustard sauce with capers, though.

this sounds very good

i also think chicken and capers is good

probably a lot of mild foods w the right texture and capers are good

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

I mean, if you're a successful actress and you go out of the house in a skirt and without underwear, knowing that paparazzi are just waiting for opportunities like this and that it has happened many times before, then there's really nobody you can blame for it but yourself.
It is in fact very good. Easy to make, cheap, very filling and super tasty. Any mustard sauce left over is great for sandwiches the next day.

super sweet best pal
Nov 18, 2009

Put some fry sauce on my eggs last night.

rezatahs
Jun 9, 2001

by Smythe

Muttonchips posted:

haha gently caress you
I'll put whatever the gently caress I want on my egg you racist fucks

little lighter than i like but looking pretty good

FAGGY CLAUSE
Apr 9, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

Myron Baloney
Mar 19, 2002

Emitting dimensions are swallowing you
I don't eat ketchup on eggs now but as a kid my mom made "denver sandwiches" which were just denver omelets on bread I guess, we put ketchup on those and it was good at the time, of course we dipped potato chips in ketchup too so we were hosed up generally. My sister punched me when I revealed to the world that her secret potato chip sauce was ketchup mixed with mayo.

edit: she punched me once on halloween too when I blabbed the secret that the witch's eyeballs that you had to touch were just the canned grapes from fruit cocktail.

Myron Baloney fucked around with this message at 04:25 on Oct 21, 2014

Hell Yeah
Dec 25, 2012

pickled eggs own it's maybe the best way to eat eggs but people think they're gross for some reason

the culminator
Oct 29, 2012
Um sorry goons but hot sauce is also disgusting on eggs. Anything thats not salt and pepper is bad on eggs

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
I BELIEVE IN STUPID CONSPIRACY THEORIES

the culminator posted:

Um sorry goons but hot sauce is also disgusting on eggs. Anything thats not salt and pepper is bad on eggs

Bah!

French-style scrambled eggs w/feta & capers is pretty good, especially rolled up in crepes.

Cardiovorax
Jun 5, 2011

Capers really go well with anything.

Harime Nui
Apr 15, 2008

The New Insincerity

:swoon:

Buddha.
Sep 24, 2007

"Have compassion for all beings, rich and poor alike; each has their suffering. Some suffer too much, others too little."
College Slice

the culminator posted:

No sir!

The GOP Delusion
Sep 10, 2010

The security of Israel is a moral imperative for all free peoples.

Harime Nui posted:

the Canadians are invading this thread!

im Canadian and maple syrup is only for the finest and most delicate of foods, such as the pancake. Eggs stand on their own, possibly with pepper/salt/caesars

The GOP Delusion
Sep 10, 2010

The security of Israel is a moral imperative for all free peoples.
maple syrup on bacon is the canadian guantanamo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a star war betamax
Sep 17, 2011

by Lowtax
Gary’s Answer

Fetus Tree posted:

I recieve all of your power thank you

• Locked thread