Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
bobbilljim
May 29, 2013

this christmas feels like the very first christmas to me
:shittydog::shittydog::shittydog:
Give me just the tips about internet shopping, especially since it is coming to yosmas or w/e.

Here's my internet shopping story:
The cheapest way to get console games here is to buy them from a shop based in the uk and they ship them half way around the world. Yes this is cheaper than buying it digitally on teh playstation store. I bought two games but I had 2 dollars to go before the free shipping cutoff, and the shipping costs $2.70. So I found teh cheapest item in teh shop with price > $2 that i would use ( a mug on clearance). By purchasing this mug I saved 20c. This meant they gave me free shipping, and they shipped the games and mug separately. So they paid me 20c to send me another item across half teh planet in a different box. bonus they labelled the mug as "optical media" for customs.

tl;dr: uk company pays me 20c to send a mug to nz in a separate box.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

shopping tip: move to the united states so you don't have to pay third world prices to import games from across the fuckin globe

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
why are you buying console games?

bobbilljim
May 29, 2013

Shaggar posted:

why are you buying console games?

metal gears were not available on PC

Shaggar
Apr 26, 2006
the only good metal gear is available on pc

bobbilljim
May 29, 2013

all metal gears are good

cremnob
Jun 30, 2010

apple pay is a fast and secure way for all ur shopping

pram
Jun 10, 2001
Prime is worth it

PuTTY riot
Nov 16, 2002
ebay fast and free is good

PuTTY riot
Nov 16, 2002

pram posted:

Prime is worth it

also this

nigga crab pollock
Mar 26, 2010

by Lowtax

bobbilljim posted:

all metal gears are good

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n-BmKFgJJog

Tin Gang
Sep 27, 2007

Tin Gang posted:

showering has no effect on germs and is terrible for your skin. there is no good reason to do it
shopping tip: use newegg guided search to figure out the product you want, then search for that product on amazon to buy it

Squeezy Farm
Jun 16, 2009

bobbilljim posted:

Give me just the tips about internet shopping, especially since it is coming to yosmas or w/e.

Here's my internet shopping story:
The cheapest way to get console games here is to buy them from a shop based in the uk and they ship them half way around the world. Yes this is cheaper than buying it digitally on teh playstation store. I bought two games but I had 2 dollars to go before the free shipping cutoff, and the shipping costs $2.70. So I found teh cheapest item in teh shop with price > $2 that i would use ( a mug on clearance). By purchasing this mug I saved 20c. This meant they gave me free shipping, and they shipped the games and mug separately. So they paid me 20c to send me another item across half teh planet in a different box. bonus they labelled the mug as "optical media" for customs.

tl;dr: uk company pays me 20c to send a mug to nz in a separate box.

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Tin Gang posted:

shopping tip: use newegg guided search to figure out the product you want, then search for that product on amazon to buy it

same but pcpartpicker

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat
pro-tip: put your credit card in 1password or anything else that'll auto-fill it so you can spend spend spend

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

buying things online is way safer than in-store these days

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

All I needed was that fatty blunt...

King of Breakfast

Captain Foo posted:

buying things online is way safer than in-store these days

gonna use apple pay for everything that i can tho from now on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bobbilljim
May 29, 2013

CRIP EATIN BREAD posted:

pro-tip: put your credit card in 1password or anything else that'll auto-fill it so you can spend spend spend

this but just memorise your credit card

• Locked thread