Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

So I have jury duty tomorrow, and I am not allowed to bring a phone (or my Gameboy Advanced (I called ahead)) into the courthouse. How can I occupy myself when I have to sit in the waiting room for hours?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
bring a book fuckwit

Oh Hell No
Oct 10, 2007

I've got the world on a string.

Find the blind spot of one of your eyes and spend the entire trial amusing yourself by "decapitating" random people in the courtroom.

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!
bring a notepad and right down all the posts you plan on making about what sort of sweetener people use in their beverages//sketch the jury so we can see what the neckbeards look like

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

Fetus Tree posted:

bring a notepad and right down all the posts you plan on making about what sort of sweetener people use in their beverages//sketch the jury so we can see what the neckbeards look like

This is a good idea.

GrrrlSweatshirt
Jun 2, 2012
jerk off

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

jerk off but keep your hand and dick inside your pants so people cant see :ninja:

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

if people ask what youre doing just say youre scratching your dick

BombiTheZombie
Mar 27, 2010
lol if you actually go to jury duty

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

BombiTheZombie posted:

lol if you actually go to jury duty

But I may never again have the chance to incarcerate a minority.

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

chill out and think of america op

GrrrlSweatshirt
Jun 2, 2012

a hole-y ghost posted:

if people ask what youre doing just say youre scratching your dick

when they ask you take your hand out of your pants, put it on their shoulder and explain that you have some kind of itchy rash on your dick

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

before you get out of your car dip your left hand in a jar of peanut butter. try to get all the peanut butter off using only your right hand without getting your right hand dirty.

Devils Affricate
Jan 22, 2010
I got a jury summons back when I was like 19 (I'm 30 now) and I just threw it away because I had a vacation planned for the time they wanted me. They sent me another notice a couple months later in scary red lettering saying that I would go to jail if I didn't respond to this one but I threw that one away too and they just stopped sending them after that. My friends tell me there's probably an arrest warrant out for me but I've gotten like 3 speeding tickets since then and nothing ever happened.

Beef Turret
Jul 9, 2009

by Lowtax
Remember to jury nullify if the case has anything to do with drugs

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Beef Turret posted:

Remember to jury nullify if the case has anything to do with drugs

Justin Godscock
Oct 12, 2004

Listen here, funnyman!

Moridin920 posted:

bring a book fuckwit

Muttonchips
Jun 5, 2014

by Shine
You can't be using it in the court room but you'll be fine as long as you don't cause a disruption while waiting.

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

If I show the judge a copy of this thread do you think he or she will let me just go home?

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

wear a sleepmask and then open up your shirt and start rubbing your nipples and if someone complains say sorry i cant see what im doing

Nut to Butt
Apr 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Beef Turret posted:

Remember to jury nullify

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005
I had jury duty this morning, they let me keep my phone and tablet to take pictures of other fat jurors in the waiting room. There was also coffee and tea. And lots of magazines.

Nut to Butt
Apr 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
bring your gat

Who Is Paul Blart
Oct 22, 2010
Sneak your phone in anyway

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

All my books are tablet books

Who Is Paul Blart
Oct 22, 2010
gently caress the police

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

insert a metal rod up your rear end and just keep walking back and forth in the metal detector even after they tell you to just go through

Vastarien
Dec 20, 2012

Where I live is nightmare, thus a certain nonchalance.

Buglord

Devils Affricate posted:

I got a jury summons back when I was like 19 (I'm 30 now) and I just threw it away because I had a vacation planned for the time they wanted me. They sent me another notice a couple months later in scary red lettering saying that I would go to jail if I didn't respond to this one but I threw that one away too and they just stopped sending them after that. My friends tell me there's probably an arrest warrant out for me but I've gotten like 3 speeding tickets since then and nothing ever happened.

I got called in for jury duty once and I actually went to the courthouse, but I couldn't figure out were I was supposed to go so I said gently caress it and went home. Never got called in again!

Demonachizer
Aug 7, 2004
When I went to jury duty I was allowed to bring my phone so I livejournaled it. Sorry for ruining it for you OP.
http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3666789&highlight=

Horniest Manticore
Nov 23, 2013

Hello, you!
Lipstick Apathy

Moridin920 posted:

bring a book fuckwit

Minimum Syntaxing
Oct 29, 2008

He looks white, but he's the son of a black man!

Oh Hell No posted:

Find the blind spot of one of your eyes and spend the entire trial amusing yourself by "decapitating" random people in the courtroom.

Hold up, what is this?

I know about that floating finger thing you can do when you cross your eyes, but this decapitation thing it sounds cool as hell!

Nut to Butt
Apr 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
loudly denounce admiralty courts

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

protip - when you go there and they screen you, start talking about how drug charges are bullshit, prisons are overpopulated, black men are overrepresented in incarceration rates, the prison-industrial complex is ridiculous, etc, and then you won't have jury duty anymore

1st_Panzer_Div.
May 11, 2005
Grimey Drawer
alternatively, truthfully say that you think the police are more likely to lie about [insert case that affects their arrest rates/pay/OT] because they are the police and it's your job. this doesn't always work, but should keep you out of some abomination of a murder case.

Demonachizer
Aug 7, 2004
Two words to say a few times:

Jury Nullification.

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005
I had jury duty with this today I think it might be a goon.

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

he just ate willy wonkas blueberry gum dont hate

PantsandCola
Aug 17, 2013

you did good... you did good
do the george carlin thing

a mysterious cloak
Apr 5, 2003

Leave me alone, dad, I'm with my friends!

The key to surviving jury duty is simply not going, telling your boss you are, and having a freebie day off.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

If you want to get out of Jury Duty just say you can't wait to get another minority thrown in jail.

• Locked thread