Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Yaldabaoth
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
:pseudo: The truth about jury duty is the government deliberately makes it a lovely, stressful experience to increase the chances of the jurors becoming bitter and hitting the defendant with a guilty verdict out of spite

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ben Smash
Aug 22, 2005

LARDROOM
Grimey Drawer
Jury duty is awesome. Just pretend it's an episode of Law and Order. Just don't make the mistake I did and yell "DOINK DOINK" every time something cool happens.

fuccboi
Jan 5, 2004

by zen death robot
Bring a coil of rope and imitate Uncle Ruckus

Cerebral Mayhem
Jul 18, 2000

Very useful on the planet Delphon, where they communicate with their eyebrows
When I did jury duty they had no problem with people using electronic devices in the waiting area, just not in the actual courtroom. I brought my laptop and just turned it off and stowed it in its bag when it was my turn to go in the courtroom.

Gavrilo Princip
Feb 4, 2007

I did jury duty a few months ago (it's much more strict in the UK, you actually have to do it unless you can provide a really compelling reason why you can't) and I just shot the poo poo with my fellow jurors. I also brought in a couple lil boxes of brownies for everyone so they made me the foreman lol

I got to deliver a not guilty verdict :unsmigghh:

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

DUNK A DILL PICKLE REALDO
plead guilty early and often

Fart.Bleed.Repeat.
Sep 29, 2001

OP have you tried LSD? i feel that could be a satisfying way to spend the enxt few hours sitting in a room

Nut to Butt
Apr 13, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
i am the law... i AM the law... I AM THE LAW!!!

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

So I am on a jury. Not allowed to talk about it though because it is some serious poo poo.

Regalingualius
Jan 7, 2012

We gazed into the eyes of madness... And all we found was horny.

WeLandedOnTheMoon! posted:

So I am on a jury. Not allowed to talk about it though because it is some serious poo poo.

Talk about it and you'll get out of it pretty quick. I remember some relatively high-profile murder case a few years ago where they had to remove a juror (might've even caused a mistrial?) because she deliberately did poo poo the judge said not to do while they were on weekend break.

Machai
Feb 21, 2013

Stand up and just yell "JURY NULLIFICATION!!!". You won't be there long.

Real Mean Queen
Jun 2, 2004

Zesty.

i had to do jury duty recently. some guy was puking in the bathroom and then came out and sat back down and awaited an opportunity to decide a stranger's fate, that was pretty cool.

also there was a bunch of public manga in one of the book shelves.

Police Automaton
Mar 17, 2009
"You are standing in a thread. Someone has made an insightful post."
LOOK AT insightful post
"It's a pretty good post."
HATE post
"I don't understand"
SHIT ON post
"You shit on the post. Why."
man I'm glad i don't live in the US where some smelly fat goon could decide my fate in a trial, here it's just rich old men who are legal professionals and that's the way the lord intended

Three-Phase
Aug 5, 2006

by zen death robot
When I was in jury duty the winter before last I was in this little "Breakfast Club" group that hung out and did puzzles and caused trouble.

It was seriously just like that movie except we weren't teenagers and there was less angst. And more puzzles and craziness.

And I met this hassidic jewish guy who was pretty cool.

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

What if Hitler invented the BMW i3 Subcompact Electric car?

WeLandedOnTheMoon! posted:

Can you at least take some pictures of fat people?

Charles Bronson
Sep 16, 2010
When the judge asked me if I thought police officers were more truthful or credible witnesses than civilians I said no and they dismissed me pretty quickly. We also had a cool coffee stand near the waiting room so it wasn't that bad. Have fun OP

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zeno-25
Dec 5, 2009

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Azareil posted:

Right after you hear the guys name stand up and loudly exclaim, "I've heard enough, guilty!"

Or eat a lot of beans the night before and rip rear end in court all day, try to get contempt of court by farting really disruptively

• Locked thread