Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

It's really bad

5 episodes of bad drama, then 5 episodes of "meh"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!
is that the most recent one

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

yea it wasnt good

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

Fetus Tree posted:

is that the most recent one

Yes

He has a relationship with a person who doesn't speak english and it stretches for 5 episodes, it's terrible

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

maron actually surpassed louie this year in entertainment value imo and his schtick is that hes actually a genuinely lovely pathetic person in real life

FormerPoster
Aug 5, 2004

Hair Elf
I liked watching Louis CK spend his entire career crawling up his own rear end, but now that he's all the way up there I just don't know.

opus111
Jul 6, 2014

TEAYCHES posted:

maron actually surpassed louie this year in entertainment value imo and his schtick is that hes actually a genuinely lovely pathetic person in real life

As long as he's funny why cares what he's like in real life.

xutech
Mar 4, 2011

EIIST

Ever since I heard that rumour about him jacking off in front of Garfunkel and Oates I don't care for his comedy styles anymore.

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

TEAYCHES posted:

Sometimes I identify more with Maron than Louie and that makes me feel bad

I like Louie's standup a lot more though

Topographic Nap
Apr 22, 2007

Eventually you become too rich and not even hiring a room full of funny 30 year olds to write funny anecdotes about your family life will work. Either way it doesn't matter because you have already won once you can literally reenact a Scrooge McDuck dive into a pool of money.

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!

Don Tacorleone posted:

Yes

He has a relationship with a person who doesn't speak english and it stretches for 5 episodes, it's terrible

yeah i saw most of the season then stopped

i liked the flashback one though it was ok

also that fat chick was p much spot on abt how i def wouldnt date one or hold its hand but i'd gently caress it

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

Fetus Tree posted:

yeah i saw most of the season then stopped

i liked the flashback one though it was ok

also that fat chick was p much spot on abt how i def wouldnt date one or hold its hand but i'd gently caress it

Fat chick episode was probably the best one of the season

it would just be an average season 1 ep though

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

its getting steadily worse

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

What if Hitler invented the BMW i3 Subcompact Electric car?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KFdWcNJ17YY

It almost makes you think that fats are people.

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

yea ppl gave that scene a lot of poo poo but i thought it was one of the better moments in the season

Big Bowie Bonanza
Dec 30, 2007

please tell me where i can date this cute boy
i stopped watching louie in season 4

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

TEAYCHES posted:

yea ppl gave that scene a lot of poo poo but i thought it was one of the better moments in the season

No I mean it kind of comes close but she is still an insufferable whiny bitch about how people won't gently caress her because she won't put down the fork and walk around the block.

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

Three Olives posted:

No I mean it kind of comes close but she is still an insufferable whiny bitch about how people won't gently caress her because she won't put down the fork and walk around the block.

arent you fat though

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!

TEAYCHES posted:

it was very real imo because thats exactly how i feel, even though its probably a really lovely way to be.

FordPRefectLL posted:

i stopped watching louie in season 4

same

but thats ok though, its hard for a show to be good/funny for four seasons. i enjoyed it for what it was and if i hear its back to something i would like ill go back to watching it

also louie did some p creepy poo poo to pamela adlon and i have a crush on her from her bobby hill days, so eff him

Three Olives posted:

not to nit pick but its really the opposite. she says she can get laid all the time but its hard for her to make any emotional connections with males because theyre too ashamed to be seen with her in public.

E: even tho i do the same thing it doesnt mean i cant appreciate that it must be very hurtful & common place, as well as sad

Chinaman7000
Nov 28, 2003

saw season 1 and it was great, tho

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

louis ck should stop making the show. why does american tv always feel like it has to go for like 7 or 8 seasons until ppl stop watching it. the best british comedy stops at like 3 or 4 and then the writers stop that poo poo and do something different

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

TEAYCHES posted:

arent you fat though

Yes but men get away with being fat like Louie don't you understand the clip at all?

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Three Olives posted:

stop projecting

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

Three Olives posted:

Yes but men get away with being fat like Louie don't you understand the clip at all?

doesnt apply to gays and you know that

Shasta Orange Soda
Apr 25, 2007
i stopped watching that show right when it first starting going from awkwardly funny to awkwardly serious and uncomfortable

i bailed right away from that poo poo, you could see it was going nowhere good

BONE DOG
Jun 7, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
I felt that there was a precipitous drop off after the second season and I stopped watching

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

TEAYCHES posted:

doesnt apply to gays and you know that

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GiRnIhg8o7E

Harald
Jul 10, 2009

LINKIN PARK

still probably better than walking dead season 4

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

Harald posted:

still probably better than walking dead season 4

TWD season 4 is decent

The real TWD crime was season 2, for about 10 episodes

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL

Three Olives posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KFdWcNJ17YY

It almost makes you think that fats are people.

i don't have to take that but louis ck does

Throwdini
Aug 2, 2006

TEAYCHES posted:

louis ck should stop making the show. why does american tv always feel like it has to go for like 7 or 8 seasons until ppl stop watching it. the best british comedy stops at like 3 or 4 and then the writers stop that poo poo and do something different

Americans are better trained to be loyal to brands.

Fetus Tree
Feb 2, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 years!

Throwdini posted:

Americans are better trained to be loyal to brands.

america has brands, britain has monarchs

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

season 3 was really good and season 4 was not as good and in some parts straight up bad

Torka
Jan 5, 2008

yeah he's getting delusions of art-grandeur or something with this season, it's bad

he doesn't have to be our dancing monkey but this foray into non-comedy writing has not been entertaining or interesting at all

Harald
Jul 10, 2009

LINKIN PARK

Don Tacorleone posted:

TWD season 4 is decent

The real TWD crime was season 2, for about 10 episodes

no, sorry

Harald
Jul 10, 2009

LINKIN PARK

hold on imma retell the same boring events from 4 different perspectives

Torka
Jan 5, 2008

when I want some poignant analysis of the human condition I'll go to dostoevsky or something, not louis loving ck

hohhat
Sep 25, 2014
He hosed up and went serious. Tell jokes, don't try to get me invested in your creepy love story.

xutech posted:

Ever since I heard that rumour about him jacking off in front of Garfunkel and Oates I don't care for his comedy styles anymore.

WTF?

TEAYCHES
Jun 23, 2002

Agag posted:

He hosed up and went serious. Tell jokes, don't try to get me invested in your creepy love story.

it would have been fine if it had been good, but it wasnt

or he should stop making this show and stop filming himself. if he wants to make a drama find a better actor and dont make it "louie"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

naem
May 29, 2011

Fetus Tree posted:

america has brands, britain has monarchs

drat

• Locked thread