Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

I played a lot of the older ones but mostly fell out of the scene after Silent Line. Nexus made way too many styles of AC near impossible to design effectively, Ninebreaker's single player mode was just dumb and Last Raven has a giant iron wall for a difficulty curve. Definitely interested in seeing how things are going with the series now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Armored Core on PC sounds great til you start thinking about how loving awful the controls would be on keyboard and mouse, considering how long it took From to come up with decent ones on a Playstation controller.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Tank jousting 4 lyfe. Way back when Nexus was just about to come out in the states I dark horsed some fansite's big 64 man fantasy tournament with a nice jousting tank that used that huge double back slot laser cannon and all the fancy energy weapon parts.

There isn't going to be a rendition of "9" in this one, is there?

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Or even better: making you jump back and forth between tiny platforms (that are usually shooting at you) to reach objectives.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Cythereal posted:

Nothing against you, Atlatl, but for a game about giant anime robots the combat looks really dull.

These games usually meter out the fun equipment quite a bit.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Pretty much every AC game has a lovely train chase mission and they're all terrible.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Tin Tim posted:

Following this thread made me start a run through Front Mission 3 again

Don't judge me, I needed some time with robits after seeing other robits that I can't have

Yeah, this is really making me want to play Silent Line, but it doesn't like softmodded ps2s and I'm not sure I feel like fighting PCSX2 right now.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Satori_Ryu posted:

Verdict Day is $5 on PSN with Plus right now (10 Normal)

Man I have missed AC. I played AC1 hardcore when it came out. I even joined an online Clan well before online play was possible. We where hoping some of the direct dial play to come over from Japan. Sadly it did not. We had to haul Playstations and Tvs around for tournaments. Linking was fun, but man did it mess up a lot.

I have been wanting to get back into it. I have not played it since AC3, so I am hoping this is a good hoping back on point.

You're a bit late. Verdict Day's multiplayer is pretty dead now.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

ACES CURE PLANES posted:

Eh, machine guns were on the way out around the time AC3 hit anyways. It started with the RF-160, and though they haven't been quite as hilariously broken as that was, FROM definitely started preferring rifles ever since. MGs definitely needed to be kneecapped after AC1/2 though.

AC3 and SL had some brutally powerful machine guns, especially the MG/800. People only went rifle crazy with part breaking turned on, since they tend to let you luck into crippling your opponent. Let's not forget quads mowing things down with a CNG-300.

dis astranagant fucked around with this message at 16:49 on Oct 28, 2014

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

And then everyone builds against them so someone overboosts in their face with a LIC-10 :smug:

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

ACES CURE PLANES posted:

Nah, everything was way too mobile. Goddamn though, this conversation makes me wish Naitoh was still around, he had the best match footage. Maybe Nico has something from the last resurgence floating around.

Nah, that's actually a thing that happened. Admittedly it was in an FT so the guys actually playing didn't have a lot of time to get used to the ACs.

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

Yeah, but they just had to give it some super blades since it's mission 9.

dis astranagant fucked around with this message at 02:54 on Oct 30, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dis astranagant
Dec 14, 2006

I like how the main antagonist in AC2 is the player character from Master of Arena as a paranoid old man longing for the old times.

• Locked thread