Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Positronic Spleen
May 5, 2010
I'm another person who played all the old games, all the way up to AC4A. The cutscenes definitely have that classic feel to them, for better or worse. I'm most surprised they added wall jumping of all things, and brought back the terrible cannon stance. I feel like From's been slowly improving their stories with each iteration, but simplifying things down to The Corporation and The City is kind of disappointing; I'll give it a chance to pick up, surely it can't end up as bad as Front Mission Evolved. So far it looks closest to Last Raven, which for its atmosphere was IMO the best in the series on PS2.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Positronic Spleen
May 5, 2010

7c Nickel posted:

I had thought they were telegraphing RD's betrayal pretty heavily, but I guess low expectations fooled me into accepting his death.
The game wasn't just foreshadowing, it literally tells you via subtitles at the beginning of the game, remember?

I can't believe that was it, the story had less substance than Project Phantasma. Everyone dies, no moral (plenty of platitudes, though).

Positronic Spleen
May 5, 2010

Atlatl posted:

I actually blocked out the subtitles there, unless I missed one and spoiled it. Not that it's much of a twist.
Right, I mean anyone playing the game themselves is going to get spoiled immediately. But there are only 9 story missions and there's no payoff for the twist anyways.

SSNeoman posted:

I have only seen people beat that mission by cheesing the AI, getting it stuck on walls, and then fighting them one-on-one. It is hard as gently caress.
How about a super-fast AC with two laser blades using the regulation (balance patch) that gives out infinite energy? AC4A was still a lot harder than AC4.

Positronic Spleen
May 5, 2010

Atlatl posted:

ah yes, we could always go with an infinite energy blade warper build that moves so fast that the game's engine can't process it. that's not cheating at all
Only online, because the developers are terrible at network coding. And because of the regulation my opponents in that mission had infinite energy too, it's not my problem if they didn't take advantage of it; enemy ACs in every game have plenty of totally unfair advantages anyways. There's also the matter of being unable to restart the story until that really hard mission was completed. I wouldn't use an AC like that in multiplayer though, that would just be mean, and I was pretty bad at it to begin with.

• Locked thread