Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Oh, this should be fun. I've played the games since day one, but kinda had a falling out with 4 and 5. I still got them and played them, but they never really caught me the same way the PS1/2 era games did. I remember trying to set up the first ACV goon group, but the small group limit and weird MP system got to me, and I stopped playing around the time the megathread closed. Good to see some goons kept playing until the end at least.

It'll be interesting to see how you handle that mission.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

dis astranagant posted:

Armored Core on PC sounds great til you start thinking about how loving awful the controls would be on keyboard and mouse, considering how long it took From to come up with decent ones on a Playstation controller.

I'm just gonna come out and say that to this day I have an extreme case of stockholm syndrome regarding the AC1 through Silent Line controls. With slight variations of course, changing turning left/right to L1/R1 and moving left/right to the d-pad. Chalk it up to playing pretty much every PS1 action game with that control style to death (especially Megaman Legends) in the pre-dualshock era I guess.

Playing fight ACs in every other game just doesn't feel quite as involved with dual-stick controls, even though they're objectively better.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Crazy Achmed posted:

Jesus. So giving machine guns awful scatter and punitively small clip sizes in nexus/LR wasn't enough? I guess it's all about dual-wielding rifles now.

Forget RD, RIP the MG/1000. You shall be fondly remembered, my old friend. :smith:

Eh, machine guns were on the way out around the time AC3 hit anyways. It started with the RF-160, and though they haven't been quite as hilariously broken as that was, FROM definitely started preferring rifles ever since. MGs definitely needed to be kneecapped after AC1/2 though.

ACES CURE PLANES fucked around with this message at 12:45 on Oct 28, 2014

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

The AC3/SL MGs were incredibly powerful, but the RF-160 (and RF-220 if your name happens to be Imori) in particular was so broken that it became the tournament standard on any build, from lightweights to tanks, alongside hi-act missiles. Definitely not something to be written off.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

dis astranagant posted:

And then everyone builds against them so someone overboosts in their face with a LIC-10 :smug:

Nah, everything was way too mobile. Goddamn though, this conversation makes me wish Naitoh was still around, he had the best match footage. Maybe Nico has something from the last resurgence floating around.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Honestly, I still enjoy the grand unified theory of AC plotlines, being that the games are all just circular, with civilizations blowing themselves up with lost technology, going underground/to Mars to recover, rebuilding enough to discover/create powerful weapons, and blowing themselves up again. It's obviously not intended, but it's fun to think about to add a little something to the otherwise sparse plot.

ACES CURE PLANES fucked around with this message at 20:19 on Oct 29, 2014

• Locked thread