Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Deceitful Penguin
Feb 16, 2011
Jesus is there a single part that isn't lame in this story? The main character doesn't even have a name and this 'Resistance' then just goes: "Welp, we are such utter useless fucks that we will blindly put our faith in a single dude pretty much making up for our complete lack of solid tactics, strategy, leadership, materiel or even a clue at all because we are less competent than the Dashcon organizers". I mean, lol at not even realizing whiny bitch was dead.

What special thing did the main character do other than murder her dad anyway? drat, that must have been a hell of an interview.

Fran: So what are your credentials?
Silent Protagonist: I murdered ur dad lol he was really poo poo at this whole robit fightan
Fran: You are now super hired, gun of the Corporation who works for us now for some reason

edit: I take it back the Chief is p-baller

editedit: also lol at them calling a guy in a robot suit 'strong', yea, u sure are a big strong robot man Mr Main Character!

Deceitful Penguin fucked around with this message at 17:25 on Oct 27, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deceitful Penguin
Feb 16, 2011

Atlatl posted:

Would it worry you to know that this game is probably the most sensible out of the entire series?
Things I know about Armoured Core:

1) If you gently caress up enough in some games they turn you into a cyborg or something.
2) There's AIs and they're got at Robot Fightan also sometimes called 8 Ball or something
3) In one of them you get to play Genocidal War Criminal and everyone hates you for it
4) You gotta pay for repairs and ammo and it's Japanese as gently caress

Honestly, with that I don't know what I expected but not, uh, that.

Also please try out your glorious blade from the last story mission to show how a true Robot Samurai battles his foes. And if you need a new paint scheme, why not go with knife-pony, to keep with the theme?

GhostofJohnMuir posted:

Honestly I kind of like the story if you take it on the assumption that they're not leaving anything out. The world is a Mad Max hellscape full of marauding bands and feudal city states. You play a psychopathic mercenary who will kill for one side as easily as for the other, working for people who are so desperate for power and resources that they'll hirer anyone, even someone who's killed their family members. Bonds of friendship and family mean little to nothing, with even the closest bonds among comrades causing no sorrow when someone is killed on the battlefield. There's no thought to tactics or strategy, they're relics of a more civilized time. You simply travel the land killing anyone you meet and taking their stuff, in an endless slog of faceless enemies and death to ensure your day to day survival.
So, malnutrition and radiation has left them all with sub-human intellects and stunted physical growth, hence we never see a living human being.

That's not a bad idea and would explain why everyone involved except the AIs seem phenomenally retarded.

Deceitful Penguin
Feb 16, 2011

SSNeoman posted:

:stare:

That's not the usual opinion I hear about that level. What AC did you use for it?

EDIT: Okay I'll explain this.
Yes, this is what I heard and I have to say that it is the most Baller loving Mecha poo poo I have heard in my entire life. gently caress protecting the rich and powerful, the bourgies, following retarded mecha logic. Just embrace murder and destruction, gently caress the 'blah blah justice, peace, friendship! [Proceeds to murder thoudsands]' brigade and then face the music and consequences knowing that history will never forget you, the greatest 'monster' mankind has ever brought forth.

That ending was what actually tempted me to get the game but the chance never came up. Goddamn tiny rear end island and its lame imports. Also the demo kicked my rear end because I kept trying to save poo poo and I am really enamored with energy swords.

edit: oh my god i watched the ending ahahahahahaahaha

chief is the best character because what incredibly dumb justification for not annihilating mankind, it's like someone programmed a robit to be as gloriously retarded as possibly, but with panache at least.

I know that if I was the AI I wouldn't have spared those people, jesus.

Deceitful Penguin fucked around with this message at 18:27 on Oct 30, 2014

• Locked thread