Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tin Tim
Jun 4, 2012

Live by the pun - Die by the pun

Man, I always get sad when I'm reminded that AC isn't available to cool Pc players like me. I freakin love huge robits that shoot other huge robits, but Japan doesn't want me to have fun without buying a console. It's very tragic indeed :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tin Tim
Jun 4, 2012

Lol at your hug-match with the train :v:

Man, this story really is disjointed as hell so far. Will there ever be a reason for why we now play for the good team? I mean the late resistance leader foreshadowed it in the most blunt way possible, but it would be neat if there's a reason behind it other than gettin payed or being a goody good guy. Also it's a super weird decision to make the cash battles take place in the future of the main plot that you're following now. I mean, they could just have given you a limited set of side thingies that pop up after each main mission, and have the side thingies be related that what's currently going on. But Japan, I guess.

dis astranagant posted:

Armored Core on PC sounds great til you start thinking about how loving awful the controls would be on keyboard and mouse, considering how long it took From to come up with decent ones on a Playstation controller.
They could probably get away with an atrocious default scheme that all the pubbies rage about, while the core(heh) audience leans back and plugs in the gamepad of their choice :)

But yeah, controls would be an issue and I get that.

Tin Tim
Jun 4, 2012

Following this thread made me start a run through Front Mission 3 again

Don't judge me, I needed some time with robits after seeing other robits that I can't have

Tin Tim
Jun 4, 2012

Never thought I'd see the day, but here we are. A robit game with a plot that's weaker than in Front Mission Evolved :downs:

I mean, Chief is a pretty good villain, but that's about it. And it's kind of a shame, because the world of AC probably offers some actual plot things to go by. Like, I never looked into it, but that stuff in the wasteland, and the wasteland itself, seem like mighty interesting things to base your plot around.

Tin Tim
Jun 4, 2012

Lets just all take a moment and appreciate that RD is dead

Because he was the worst character ever

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tin Tim
Jun 4, 2012

There is a lot to lol at, but at the same time nothing makes sense and is weird. Good job Japan, I guess?

Well, at least we got a double autocannon party. I always was a fan of robits with retarded amounts of high caliber shells :allears:

• Locked thread