Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lloyd Boner
Oct 11, 2009

Yes officer, my name is Victoria Sonnen...berg
Jon Jones Decision
Donald Cerrone Submission, 1
Nate Marquardt Knockout, 1
Kyoji Horiguchi Decision
Josh Burkman Decision

FOTN: Jon Jones vs. Daniel Cormier
POTN: Donald Cerrone
POTN: Nate Marquardt

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Davedog
Sep 11, 2009
Cormier DECISION
:clint: RND 2 KO
Marquardt RND 1 SUB
Horiguchi DECISION
Lombard RND 1 KO

FOTN: Cormier vs. Jones
POTN: Cormier
POTN: Jones

EricHall
Aug 7, 2006
Jon Jones (c) vs. Daniel Cormier -- Decision
Donald Cerrone vs. Myles Jury -- Decision
Brad Tavares vs. Nate Marquardt -- Decision
Kyoji Horiguchi vs. Louis Gaudinot -- SUB, RD. 2
Hector Lombard vs. Josh Burkman -- TKO, RD. 1

FOTN: Cerrone/Jury
POTN: Horiguchi
POTN: Lombard

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Having said that, here we go!
UFC 182: Jones vs. Cormier
Jon Jones (c) Decision
Donald Cerrone Decision
Brad Tavares vs. R1 KO
Kyoji Horiguchi R2 KO
Hector Lombard R1 Sub

FOTN: Cerrone/Jury
POTN: Lombard
POTN Tavares

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

All right, results as per Wikipedia!

Jon Jones def. Daniel Cormier, Decision

Donald Cerrone def. Myles Jury, Decision

Brad Tavares def. Nate Marquardt, Decision

Kyoji Horiguchi def. Louis Gaudinot, Decision

Hector Lombard def. Josh Burkman, Decision

Fight of the Night: Jon Jones vs. Daniel Cormier

Performance of the Night: Paul Felder and Shawn Jordan

Event 3 rankings

individual865 and MassRafTer both score a near-perfect 17 points, with indy coming out ahead by also scoring a perfect OTN pick somehow. masato tatanka, please only put that username for the rest of the season. You can use your new username going from that point if you want, but I had to manually change it and I want to touch the results as little as possible for fear of messing up the spreadsheet!

TOTALS AS OF LAST EVENT

We’re looking at a photo finish this season, that’s a packed top 5! ChampRamp is in the lead with 50 points and five otns, with MassRaftTer trailing by two otns!*

*remember, otn count is approximate due to a form error I can’t figure out how to correct and Machida vs. Dollaway having more POTNs than the form can recognize, if there is indeed a tie I will count manually to confirm.

Now for the next event!

UFC Fight Night: McGregor vs. Siver

Conor McGregor vs. Dennis Siver

Donald Cerrone vs. Benson Henderson

Uriah Hall vs. Louis Taylor

Norman Parke vs. Gleison Tibau

FORM

RESPONSES

And on that note, I have an announcement to make: After this season, I will be forced to step down as chairman of the Goonweight Grand Prix. My laptop crapped out on my completely, and while I plan to replace it with a desktop, that will take several months of part buying. That leaves me with mobile devices at home, which make trying to access google docs a chore. There’s my work computer, which obviously I can only use for this sort of thing when I am not busy with work projects, and the actual forums are behind a firewall. Between big projects and having to write a post, email it to myself and copy-paste it into the forums from a mobile device, I’m just not going to be able to guarantee I’ll be able to get forms up and results posted in as timely a manner as is necessary to give people time to review and make picks.

If anyone else wants to take over, PM me! I’ll send you everything you need. It’s not hard and I’ve had fun doing it, I just can’t right now. Sorry guys :(

Davedog
Sep 11, 2009
McGregor DECISION
:clint: DECISION
Hall RND 1 KO
Parke DECISION

FOTN: Cerrone vs. Henderson
POTN: McGregor
POTN: Cerrone

handsome only face
Apr 22, 2010

Cockroach went out of the room in anger. And roach's go to empty room...

Cockroache's Anarchist

Bluedeanie posted:

masato tatanka, please only put that username for the rest of the season. You can use your new username going from that point if you want, but I had to manually change it and I want to touch the results as little as possible for fear of messing up the spreadsheet!

i submitted before i read this, bwaha

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

I still need to look into details but I might have found a solution to my not being able to reliably manage picks I'm a timely manner. UFC's website has its own fantasy league stuff now where you generate a league and make picks. I could make one for goonweight if people'd be willing to try it out!

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

Ps, Uriah Hall is now fighting Ron Stallings. Had a free second so form is updated and everyone picked Hall so far anyway, but if you think Ron Stallings can do what Louis Taylor couldn't for some bizarre reason, post in the thread and I'll honor it.

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

:edi:
I continue to surprise myself by the accuracy of picks of people I don't know via my cat smacking the mouse when I hover the pointer over a particular name. :catstare:

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
I have more free time so if any idiot really can learn this system I guess I could.

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

MassRafTer posted:

I have more free time so if any idiot really can learn this system I guess I could.

MassRafTer posted:

A cursory investigation of my posting history will reveal that it is true that any idiot can learn it. I'll PM you when I get home tonight, though if the UFC's system can do everything our system does, that might be easier for everyone.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Conor McGregor R3 KO

Donald Cerrone Decision

Uriah Hall R2 KO

Norman Parke Decision

FOTN: Bendo/Cowboy
POTN: McGregor
POTN: Hall

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

Event 4 rankings

Yowzers, we have a four-way tie! yuriy, CommonShore, doverhog and LobsterMobster all got 16 out of 19! Hot drat! Also, the OTNs are messed up real bad and I haven’t manually counted them, so one of you probably is actually the event winner on that technicality!

season rankings to date

DumbWhiteguy is the Jon Jones to MassRafTer’s Alexander Gustafsson this season!

Speaking of, since it’s in two days and my ability to do this has been predictably hosed, I’m sadly going to have to skip UFC Fight Night: Gus vs. Rumble. So let’s just watch it and have fun instead of watch it and have fun and then do math afterwards. I’m really sorry, but like I said — I can only do pick stuff at work at this point, and this week has been slammed for me so today is the first opportunity I’ve had to get to it.

That means next event is the last for the season, and my last as commissioner.

UFC 183: Silva vs. Diaz

Middleweight Anderson Silva vs. Nick Diaz

Welterweight Tyron Woodley vs. Kelvin Gastelum

Lightweight Joe Lauzon vs. Al Iaquinta

Middleweight Thales Leites vs. Tim Boetsch

Welterweight Jordan Mein vs. Thiago Alves

FORM

[url= https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1sxa9MVaZAuxF1iN1eTgdZI_2WUHdl9QFhLL258hzt2c/edit?usp=sharing]RESPONSES[/url]

Also, MassRafTer has agreed to be new commissioner! That is, if we want to keep doing this (participation has slipped) and don’t want to migrate to the UFC’s fantasy system. Discuss, and thank MassRafTer for having his poo poo together better than I do!

DumbWhiteGuy
Jul 4, 2007

You need haters. Fellas if you got 20 haters, you need 40 of them motherfuckers. If there's any haters in here that don't have nobody to hate on, feel free to hate on me
This whole thing is one big ploy to get me back into mmabetting

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Man I forget what I picked for that fight night.

I don't want to go to the UFC's system, because gently caress signing up for more poo poo.

Also I'm going to take an early lead this time with the long shot, bitches.

1/22/2015 12:53:43 CommonShore
Nick Diaz Submission, 3
Kelvin Gastelum Decision
Al Iaquinta Knockout, 2
Thales Leites Knockout, 3
Jordan Mein Decision
"FOTN: Jordan Mein vs. Thiago Alves"
"POTN: Nick Diaz"
POTN: Thales Leites

handsome only face
Apr 22, 2010

Cockroache's Anarchist

you didn't score my thing but its my fault because i put in the different name thing

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

acai moonsault posted:

you didn't score my thing but its my fault because i put in the different name thing

Fixed, (but seriously don't do that til after Silva/Diaz). I'm too lazy to recap/repost the results form but you scored 11 points to take 10th place for the event and have a total score of 48 to be ranked 12 overall.

handsome only face
Apr 22, 2010

Cockroache's Anarchist

yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747
I answered the last 2 but didn't show up on either, did I do something dumb that made me picks not count?

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

Byolante posted:

I answered the last 2 but didn't show up on either, did I do something dumb that made me picks not count?

Were those the first two picks you made for the season? If so it's really easy for me to just neglect to display your totals in the update, but they'll still count. I'll check today.

Davedog
Sep 11, 2009
Silva RND 1 KO (in ring death is a KO, right?)
Gastelum RND 2 SUB
Lauzon RND 3 SUB
Boetsch RND 2 KO
Alves RND 1 KO

FOTN: Lauzon vs. Iaquinta
POTN: Silva
POTN: Gastelum

Chairman Kaga
Jun 3, 2006
I FAG EVERYTHING UP BECAUSE I AM A WHINEY CUNT!

Bluedeanie posted:

Also, MassRafTer has agreed to be new commissioner! That is, if we want to keep doing this (participation has slipped) and don’t want to migrate to the UFC’s fantasy system. Discuss, and thank MassRafTer for having his poo poo together better than I do!

THANKS MassRafter!

This is my favorite fantasy format even though I stopped participating for a while. I missed this! I'm back!

Chairman Kaga fucked around with this message at 05:40 on Jan 31, 2015

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

UFC 183 results!

Anderson Silva def. Nick Diaz, Decision

Tyron Woodley def. Kelvin Gastelum, Decision

Al Iaquinta def. Joe Lauzon, KO, 2

Thales Leites def. Tim Boetsch, Submission, 2

Thiago Alves def. Jordan Mein, KO, 2

Fight of the Night: Thales Leites vs. Tim Boetsch

Performance of the Night: Thales Leites and Thiago Alves

Goonweight event results

IDid really well this time for the first time in forever! But not as well as MassRafTer, who Scored 16 points for the last event of the season. Which means…

Goonweight Season 17 Official Results

MassRafTer DEFENDS HIS BELT!!!!!

There has been a repeat champion, but I think this is the first time the belt has not had to leave hands for a season. Lucky him! His punishment reward is to take over next season, so look for a new OP!

I’ll leave this open for discussion, but that season in particular was fun! I’m glad I got to be in charge for a short amount of time, sorry my computer died and couldn’t keep it up. Thanks for playing, everyone!

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Bluedeanie posted:

UFC 183 results!

Anderson Silva def. Nick Diaz, Decision

Tyron Woodley def. Kelvin Gastelum, Decision

Al Iaquinta def. Joe Lauzon, KO, 2

Thales Leites def. Tim Boetsch, Submission, 2

Thiago Alves def. Jordan Mein, KO, 2

Fight of the Night: Thales Leites vs. Tim Boetsch

Performance of the Night: Thales Leites and Thiago Alves

Goonweight event results

IDid really well this time for the first time in forever! But not as well as MassRafTer, who Scored 16 points for the last event of the season. Which means…

Goonweight Season 17 Official Results

MassRafTer DEFENDS HIS BELT!!!!!

There has been a repeat champion, but I think this is the first time the belt has not had to leave hands for a season. Lucky him! His punishment reward is to take over next season, so look for a new OP!

I’ll leave this open for discussion, but that season in particular was fun! I’m glad I got to be in charge for a short amount of time, sorry my computer died and couldn’t keep it up. Thanks for playing, everyone!

Actually it had to leave my hands since I shipped it out to outy.... really late so he's probably only just received it. Feel free to keep that for awhile to make up for me being late! That and because I only won because I agreed to take charge.

I might start the next season with the PPV instead of the Fight Night. Seems like a good idea to start on a big card so people remember to get their picks in.

outy
Aug 27, 2004

It's not arrived yet. I suppose I could refuse delivery and they'd have to send it back to you for free :)

Nah, I'll take a photo and be a bit of a Tim Sylvia for a while.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trast
Oct 20, 2010

Three games, thousands of playthroughs. 90% of the players don't know I exist. Still a redhead saving the galaxy with a [Right Hook].

:edi:
Thanks for running the pick'ems, Bluedeanie.

• Locked thread