Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Best Hell in a Cell match?
This poll is closed.
HHH vs. Nash 19 9.79%
HHH vs. HBK for 50 minutes 43 22.16%
Taker vs. Bossman 53 27.32%
CM Punk vs. Undertaker 35 18.04%
Undertaker vs. Kane 11 5.67%
DX vs. Big Show, Vince McMahon & Shane McMahon 33 17.01%
Total: 194 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

• Locked thread
Bumper Stickup
Jan 7, 2012

Mmm... Offshore Toast!

Grimey Drawer

Otto von Ruthless posted:

Sure, but who the hell is she going to wrestle? It will be a never ending cycle of bringing up a wrestler from NXT, feuding exclusively with them for a few months until they get put on the Total Divas cast, repeat.

If the end game for anyone being brought up from NXT is to be put on total divas then have AJ feud, go over, and remain champ forever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Chokes McGee posted:

The Seth spike one still makes me go :stonk: every time I see it, but neither of them are good. I don't know who knocked the table outside after Seth dumped it over in the ring, but that person needs a stern talking to.

The table was broken by that point and removed from the ring by the ref.

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice

Aurain posted:

Don't let Seth in HIAC, it's just not going to end well.

Especially considering that Dean is going to be in there with him this weekend.

I wouldn't worry. There's always plans T, D, and K, wherein The Demon Kane either breaks into the cell, is already in the cell hiding under the ring, or uses the controls to lift it back up in order to interfere.

Ever Disappointing
May 4, 2004

DukeofCA posted:

So Paige and Alicia Fox are getting added to the Total Divas cast.

http://www.wwe.com/inside/wwe-divas/total-divas-season-3-mid-season-finale-new-castmembers-announced-26736538

This upsets me greatly, because now Paige is going to be saddled with terrible Total Divas "story lines" that produced such classics as "Nattie's a bad person because her art is terrible" and

I just...oh god no. Don't do this to Paige. :(

WadeBartender
Aug 18, 2013

Tir McDohl posted:

I just...oh god no. Don't do this to Paige. :(

Honestly anything at this point is better than her lovely storyline with AJ that hasn't even had any good matches

Angular Landbury
Oct 24, 2011

MAGGLE.

Shima Honnou posted:

I wouldn't worry. There's always plans T, D, and K, wherein The Demon Kane either breaks into the cell, is already in the cell hiding under the ring, or uses the controls to lift it back up in order to interfere.

All three because these are supposedly separate characters.

It culminates with a "Triple Threat" match of mask kane vs corporate kane vs 2000s kane which is just Glenn Jacobs having a mental breakdown in a funhouse hall of mirrors.

birdlaw
Dec 25, 2006

Angular Landbury posted:

All three because these are supposedly separate characters.

It culminates with a "Triple Threat" match of mask kane vs corporate kane vs 2000s kane which is just Glenn Jacobs having a mental breakdown in a funhouse hall of mirrors.

Featuring a run-in by the Ultimate Warrior's reflection.

Ever Disappointing
May 4, 2004

WadeBartender posted:

Honestly anything at this point is better than her lovely storyline with AJ that hasn't even had any good matches

I guess I'm in the minority for liking that feud. Oh well, now all my hopes are pinned on Charlotte...

Two Beans
Nov 27, 2003

dabbin' on em
Pillbug

Fibby Boy posted:

I am 100% in support of AJ being champion for life.

FOREVER!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LQODi8nov3k

FOREVER!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pERct0NPOiM

FOREVER!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3vO05r9YOfo

Sionistic
Apr 22, 2008

We don't need your money!
While I was pissed at how the announcers were laughing at Ambrose for the Doll stuff, I started thinking about it a little more. Maybe they were instructed to laugh because they didn't want the segment to get too dark. I can imagine backstage telling Dean to make a promo about what he was going to do a HIAC, and Dean coming up with what he said because it makes sense for his character. Backstage probably liked it, but decided if he just said this stuff straight out, that it would just sound like straight up murder, and decided to bring in the doll to soften it up some.

McNutty
Feb 25, 2007

Forum cheer squad sez: "Cheer the fuck up your avatar is depressing you left-wing commie ass-smoker. For fuck's sake. Jessus."
For what it is worth Stephanie categorically denies that Total Divas cannot with the title in that Yahoo interview.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you

Sionistic posted:

While I was pissed at how the announcers were laughing at Ambrose for the Doll stuff, I started thinking about it a little more. Maybe they were instructed to laugh because they didn't want the segment to get too dark. I can imagine backstage telling Dean to make a promo about what he was going to do a HIAC, and Dean coming up with what he said because it makes sense for his character. Backstage probably liked it, but decided if he just said this stuff straight out, that it would just sound like straight up murder, and decided to bring in the doll to soften it up some.

I can fully believe that it was something that was a good idea at one point, went through 5 different filters and what aired on screen was something totally different. Ambrose did what he could, but between the dead crowd and crap announcing it was a bad segment.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
I loved Bryan Alvarez (?) saying that hearing a crowd actually getting into a John Cena hot tag was distractingly confusing. That crowd had the loudest/quietest "LETS GO CENA/cena sucks" chant I've heard in a while.

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

I like that Dean took Seth's betrayal so badly he had to create a replacement Seth to cope with the loss. I wonder if he made Roman hang out with them.

DukeofCA
Aug 18, 2011

I am shocked and appalled.

Alain Post posted:

I loved Bryan Alvarez (?) saying that hearing a crowd actually getting into a John Cena hot tag was distractingly confusing. That crowd had the loudest/quietest "LETS GO CENA/cena sucks" chant I've heard in a while.

Mid-Western crowds seem to trend towards being largely pro-Cena.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

DukeofCA posted:

Mid-Western crowds seem to trend towards being largely pro-Cena.

This has probably changed a bit from 2012 but it generally holds true.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

Wyoming Just Doesn't Care.

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.
Kentucky and Tennessee are really surprising.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

What's the deal, Newfoundland & Labrador

The Cosby Mysteries
Oct 5, 2007

Happy Birthday, Mr. President

flashy_mcflash posted:

This has probably changed a bit from 2012 but it generally holds true.

UK crowds are pretty smarky so I'm surprised UK and Ireland are 'cheer'. From what I remember, the 'John Cena suuucks' along with his theme song thing originated in Italy.

The last UK Smackdown taping I went to was Rey/Angle for the WHC (Rey was riding Eddie's coattails that year) and Rey got booed out of the building.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you

flashy_mcflash posted:

What's the deal, Newfoundland & Labrador

I expected Quebec to be pro-Cena just because they're assholes

AmbassadorFriendly
Nov 19, 2008

Don't leave me hangin'

Luneshot posted:

I think it'd be hilarious to see AJ on Total Divas, and have Punk just glowering in the background of every shot. He's never acknowleged or given a role, but he's just there and nobody even bothers to introduce him.

I'd like Punk to be a mysterious character, often talked about but rarely seen, like Kanye on Keeping Up With the Kardashians or Maris on Frasier.

The Cosby Mysteries posted:

UK crowds are pretty smarky so I'm surprised UK and Ireland are 'cheer'. From what I remember, the 'John Cena suuucks' along with his theme song thing originated in Italy.

The last UK Smackdown taping I went to was Rey/Angle for the WHC (Rey was riding Eddie's coattails that year) and Rey got booed out of the building.

I feel like some of it is how often the crowd gets to see WWE. If WWE doesn't come to town very much, just seeing John Cena is pretty cool. If you're seeing John Cena more than once a year, you really just want to see a good wrestling show and seeing John Cena loses some of its shine.

AmbassadorFriendly fucked around with this message at 18:00 on Oct 22, 2014

AmbassadorFriendly
Nov 19, 2008

Don't leave me hangin'

poo poo, doublepost, editing my first one now, please delete this if you can, mods.

Daniel Bryan
May 23, 2006

GOAT
mods please change my name to poo poo Doublepost thanks

Shine
Feb 26, 2007

No Muscles For The Majority

AmbassadorFriendly posted:

poo poo, doublepost, editing my first one now, please delete this if you can, mods.

That's a ban.

The Cosby Mysteries
Oct 5, 2007

Happy Birthday, Mr. President
Posting vinceflex? That's a bannin'.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

DeathChicken posted:

Wyoming Just Doesn't Care.
I don't Wyoming has the amount of people to care about wrestling.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

The Cosby Mysteries posted:

Posting vinceflex? That's a bannin'.

Talkin' about a bannin' after mentioning a bannin'...oh yeah that's a bannin'.

Uhhlive
Jun 18, 2004

I'm not the public.
I'm the President

achillesforever6 posted:

I don't Wyoming has the amount of people to care about wrestling.

Has the WWE ever had a show in Wyoming?

Shima Honnou
Dec 1, 2010

The Once And Future King Of Dicetroit

College Slice

Ask Me For Warez posted:

Has the WWE ever had a show in Wyoming?

Is there even anything in Wyoming?

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Shima Honnou posted:

Wrestling shows

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.

Shima Honnou posted:

Part of Yellowstone and Devil's Tower, but otherwise no. The biggest city is something like 50k and the population density is only marginally higher than Alaska.

Regrettable
Jan 5, 2010

Dexo posted:

Kentucky and Tennessee are really surprising.

I'm from Tennessee and I would boo Cena.

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

Dexters Secret posted:

I really cannot overstate how disgusted I was to see dissent towards Ambrose's insane one man show of him vs a seth rollins doll

it was really loving bad and i would go as far as to say detrimental towards people seeing ambrose as a top guy

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

Tir McDohl posted:

I guess I'm in the minority for liking that feud.

what's there to like about it at this point? it's been going on for several months with no endgame in sight. every week its just their stupid "mind games" and then they have a match that isn't that good and then the cycle continues.

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!
I wonder…IS the #1 trend in the world really what Michael Cole says it is, or is the WWE thinking no one will take the time to check? I just find it hard to believe that with all the dumb hashtags around the world, at ANY point in time the #1 trend is a dumb WWE hashtag.

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

when they say it is, it is.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I got no love for you

CobiWann posted:

I wonder…IS the #1 trend in the world really what Michael Cole says it is, or is the WWE thinking no one will take the time to check? I just find it hard to believe that with all the dumb hashtags around the world, at ANY point in time the #1 trend is a dumb WWE hashtag.

Last I heard, trending was based on a sudden spike in interest. So, there may be 10 million people talking about #gamergate at any given time but suddenly going from 0 to 100,000 talking about #CrazyChickPaige means more for trending.

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

triplexpac posted:

Last I heard, trending was based on a sudden spike in interest. So, there may be 10 million people talking about #gamergate at any given time but suddenly going from 0 to 100,000 talking about #CrazyChickPaige means more for trending.

So it’s the difference between “10 million talking about #Gamergate over 30 days” and “100,000 people talking about #CrazyChickPaige in 10 minutes?” Tweets per minutes or something?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cardboard Box
Jul 14, 2009

yeah, that's more or less how it works. it's not as impressive of a feat as WWE wants people to think it is, especially considering how quickly they stop trending.

• Locked thread